Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The whole world smiles

Riyad Mahrez - The great Artist

If the day does come that Mahrez leaves, I will be sad but at the same time, I think we are lucky to have Puel. He is not only an incredible tactician, but he also has the power to make a player great. In OGC Nice he made so many young players. 

I don't think he's as desperate to leave though, unless Barcelona or another huge club come for him (which in that case, I wouldn't even be mad)

25 minutes ago, Hammo said:

Perhaps not the 'best' Leicester player I've ever seen (in 50 years) but unquestionably the most naturally gifted. Would surely get in every City fan's all-time greatest XI. If and when he leaves, it will be a sad day.

I would agree. He was sublime during our Winning season, very average to poor last season (for whatever reason) but has got back to being the key player for us this season.  Hard to compare him with our previous great players such as Izzett, Weller and Worthington.  Would Mahrez have been able to control a football that had thick mud clinging to it and weighed three times the weight of the present ball, when soaked in water. Would he have been able to dribble through the thick mud that use to be goal areas in the 60 /70s. Also back in the day forwards were not given the same protection that they are today. Tommy Smith, Razor Rudick, Dave Mckay to name but three would have left Mahrez in a heap several times in every game. Frank Worthington dealt with all these disadvantages and still shone, not sure how Mahrez would have coped.

However given how the game is played today Mahrez is a star, Frank would have been a megastar!!!

Just now, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Some twitter post said he will go to Chelsea for 42 mill plus add ons. Hope thats not true.  Plus its a minimum of 10 mill short

All coming from a random site .. football London. 

Most tweets came after he scored.

£42 m if we sell for that some one serously wants sacking!! 

http://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/transfer-news/chelsea-mahrez-transfer-news-hazard-14101061

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Some twitter post said he will go to Chelsea for 42 mill plus add ons. Hope thats not true.  Plus its a minimum of 10 mill short

that fee with add ons plus a couple of their top academy prospects wouldn't be a horrible deal, they have some truly talented lads in their U23 squad

4 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

that fee with add ons plus a couple of their top academy prospects wouldn't be a horrible deal, they have some truly talented lads in their U23 squad

You really think we could replace him even if he goes for 60M? The 50-60M players won't come here.

Edited by ZeGuy
  • Like 4

After our success, reputation and money we'll be able find or develop a much better class of winger than previous.

But we'll never be able to replace Mahrez. Mahrez is a once in a lifetime player.

We'll have to find a new way of creating chances and scoring.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

You really think we could replace him even if he goes for 60M? The 50-60M players won't come here.

like for like no, but we are going to lose him, so try and maximise what we get, we are a club that needs to buy people and improve them not buy the finished article

• Like 1

1 minute ago, the fox said:

is he going to chelsea? just change the name if the club to CFC (chelsea's feeder club).

are we becoming southampton?

On the other hand, if Kante, Drinkwater and Mahrez all play for Chelsea I'll be able to rewatch large parts of the 2015/2016 campaign. I'll take my glasses off and just assume their blue is our blue.

1 minute ago, Jimmy said:

like for like no, but we are going to lose him, so try and maximise what we get, we are a club that needs to buy people and improve them not buy the finished article

Fair point. Let's hope we can unearth a good RW. 

33 minutes ago, crisp packet said:

http://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/transfer-news/chelsea-mahrez-transfer-news-hazard-14101061

If he went for that would be uproar now i say 60 mil no less espically when cbs are going for 75 mil and thats not even world class cbs

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, crisp packet said:

The owner of that site must have made a killing in advertising.

Register a dodgy domain, fill the site with shite, wait until a player with a transfer rumour over his head scores then reap in the advertising clicks and increased traffic to the site.

The bastard making profit off our poor Mahrez and emotionally fraught lcfc fans. Oughtabehungdrawnandquatered.

Edited by Foxxed

While it would be lovely if he could stay with us for his whole career, he's certainly paid his dues here now. Games like today show the gulf in quality that he possesses. His touch is genuinely world class and his influence on games recently is yet another reminder of the impact he can have on an otherwise fairly uncreative side. Obviously we shouldn't be taken to the cleaners and I certainly don't think we will given today's market, but it's fair to say that he deserves the chance to show what he can do in a more successful side. Realistically, if Arsenal sell Sanchez in January, they are likely to come in for Mahrez.