Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The whole world smiles

Riyad Mahrez - The great Artist

We should be keeping him and urging the Club to keep adding to the squad instead of wishing him well elsewhere as if he's gone.  We're close to the next level, all we need is a few additions.

I want to see him here. It's time for the Club to show their real ambition. Is it to develop talent and sell it on or to break into the top 6 which the Owners have stated many times.

I for one will be really pissed off if they allow him to leave.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Some twitter post said he will go to Chelsea for 42 mill plus add ons. Hope thats not true.  Plus its a minimum of 10 mill short

The add-ons being an extra 50m when he arrives?

If we let him go for 42m we're mugs of the highest order.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

We should be keeping him and urging the Club to keep adding to the squad instead of wishing him well elsewhere as if he's gone.  We're close to the next level, all we need is a few additions.

I want to see him here. It's time for the Club to show their real ambition. Is it to develop talent and sell it on or to break into the top 6 which the Owners have stated many times.

I for one will be really pissed off if they allow him to leave.

Unfortunately we will have to sell him soon otherwise he will run down his contract like Ozil and Sanchez and walk on a free. I don't think Mshrez will sign a new deal with us, he's 27 next month, peak of his career and he would rather spend that time at a a CL club. This is the reality.  For the time being lets just cherish this gem of a footballer.

A comment via the BBC website. 

30. Posted byFartface

5 hours ago

Ever since Mahrez dyed his hair he's turned into a phenomenon again... Bagging goals, assists, silky skills, confidence etc.. i like it!

He's not the first I've heard someone say this..

We won't be toyed with the thai's would laugh the chelsea negotiators out of the room. If they offered 42 million.

He will go for 80 plus this window

by May he will have 15 goals at least (if he stays on form and stays at LCFC)  I wouldn't worry about the money I would worry about replacing him.

Gelson Martins is the only person I can think of who would come closer mahrez and who would come here.

To put it into perspective, Hazard has got 6 goals and 2 assists, in a better team, and there's talk of £120m. We can't lose him this window, but I've come to terms that he'll almost definitely be gone in the summer. 

Not saying he's better than Hazard, but he ain't bloody far off!

His first touch is the best in the world, so good to watch. 

• Like 1

Still don't think he'll leave before next summer (2019).

Yes he probably won't sign a new contract, but he's tied to us till summer 2020 on the current one, so we can keep him until he's got 1 year left and still get max selling value. The way the market is going, any slight decrease in value with 2 yrs left vs 1 yr left is far far outweighed by market inflation anyway. His asking price will be 80m+ by then.

And who knows, if he's still enjoying his football immensely in the way he clearly is now, and we somehow make it into CL, he'll sign a new contract.

I see no reason why we would sell this Jan or this summer.

8 hours ago, DatfoxesKid23 said:

We won't be toyed with the thai's would laugh the chelsea negotiators out of the room. If they offered 42 million.

by May he will have 15 goals at least (if he stays on form and stays at LCFC)  I wouldn't worry about the money I would worry about replacing him.

Gelson Martins is the only person I can think of who would come closer mahrez and who would come here.

Sell him at high profit and bring another very promising Algerian from Le Havre (the same club from which LCFC picked Mahrez): Zineddine Ferhat. Right Midfielder, already 3 goals and 11 Assists this season. Very Strong physically and pacey compared to Riyad, gifted with wonderful crossing ability, he will for sure fit the premierleague. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Algerian said:

Sell him at high profit and bring another very promising Algerian from Le Havre (the same club from which LCFC picked Mahrez): Zineddine Ferhat. Right Midfielder, already 3 goals and 11 Assists this season. Very Strong physically and pacey compared to Riyad, gifted with wonderful crossing ability, he will for sure fit the premierleague. 

he is a more skillful albrighton but, do we need that right now? would much rather ounas. he plays like salah and could be the future of the team with gray. you can add brahimi there too.

31 minutes ago, the fox said:

he is a more skillful albrighton but, do we need that right now? would much rather ounas. he plays like salah and could be the future of the team with gray. you can add brahimi there too.

I like Ounas, but Napoli signed him less than a year. I really don't think they'd let him go yet. 

If I could pick any Algerian international to come over, it would be Sofiane Hanni. He's the playmaker we are looking for! He has Europa league and Champions League experience. In fact, he scored against Man United in the Europa League, and against Bayern in the Champions League

Edited by Redouane
  • Like 1

Football is a business. Period. 

Riyad Mahrez will be sold if the club thinks the offer is sufficient. It isn't a case of keeping him because we want to or can if Riyad wants to go, he will go.

I think he is probably the best player we will see in Leicester for at least the next 10 years but as alluded to, he is nearing 27 and will be gone because he wants a shot at a big European club.

Whether there is enough of a need for a big club to shell out for him at this stage of the season remains to be seen though.

14 hours ago, DatfoxesKid23 said:

basically sporting lisbon are our development team lol

Edited by les-tah
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

If Sanchez goes to the Ethiad this window then can see the Arse coming in for him.

If this transpires it would be a terrible move for Riyad as I think in the 2018/19 season

we are just as likely to qualify for the Champions League as Arsenal !!

Agreed. If he wants to go in order to join a top European team to win things then Arsenal is not the team for him. With Sanchez and Ozil gone I see a team on the slide. Perrenial qualifiers in Europe yet they hardly ever seem to give it a real go. If it has to be an English club then either Manchester club or Chelsea for various reasons I could understand.

Personally I would sooner him play out of his skin here until the summer and see Barcelona come in for him who would be his dream move. It would be a fitting end to that part of the fairytale. We recognise that it is his job, he achieves his ambition and both parties recognise how far he has come and what he and us achieved together. 

• Like 1