Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The whole world smiles

Riyad Mahrez - The great Artist

problem with RM is he will have offers on the table this month to take his salary up to at least 150k/week. no way can we match that.  whilst we can refuse to sell, we cant retain a player who has already stated a desire to leave unless we are prepared to up his money significantly to get close to offers he has  - and we aren't going to be able to do that and make him so far away from our other top players. basically, I think its up to him. if he wants to move this month then I think he will. he may decide to wait until the summer and get a bigger salary as we would accept a lower fee in the summer than in January so he can ask for the difference from his new club in a chunky s/o fee or additional weekly wage.

right now he costs 80-100 mil and none of english clubs are desperate to get footballer at this price

Not sure Real,barcelona,psg and clubs like that will come for him

so he will stay till the end of the season - in summer sold for 100

Edited by tsintskaro

5 hours ago, the fox said:

he is a more skillful albrighton but, do we need that right now? would much rather ounas. he plays like salah and could be the future of the team with gray. you can add brahimi there too.

Ounas maybe on loan, but i dont think Napoli will sell him.

For Ferhat no, he is a different type than Albrighton. He's more like Zaha Style, with more ability to defend, this is what would perefectly suit LCFC.

1 hour ago, tsintskaro said:

right now he costs 80-100 mil and none of english clubs are desperate to get footballer at this price

Not sure Real,barcelona,psg and clubs like that will come for him

so he will stay till the end of the season - in summer sold for 100

IMO, selling him in summer would not bring a good value for LCFC. Dont forget he will not feature in World Cup, so much less exposure than the rest of famous stars that will show up in Russia.

I would say 60 Million GBP would be a nice bid for him, with which LCFC can bring decent replacement.

3 minutes ago, DatfoxesKid23 said:

I know I'm going to get hate for this but I wouldn't mind if he went to Barcelona because it is his dream 

Me neither ...   as long as he stayed till the end of the season and we got a very good price for him.

If he went to Chelsea I think my head would explode ...

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Me neither ...   as long as he stayed till the end of the season and we got a very good price for him.

If he went to Chelsea I think my head would explode ...

Yeah I hate the thought of us being chelsea's feeder club. Even though we kind of are

Edited by DatfoxesKid23

7 hours ago, Algerian said:

IMO, selling him in summer would not bring a good value for LCFC. Dont forget he will not feature in World Cup, so much less exposure than the rest of famous stars that will show up in Russia.

I would say 60 Million GBP would be a nice bid for him, with which LCFC can bring decent replacement.

60 is steal.i wrote 100,but i know 100 is too much

80-90 is the price that club should start with negotiating 

yes he is not in the world cup,but am pretty sure he will keep being good,same for the club and i cant see a lot good wingers in the market who are not in top clubs.so,he will be one of the most wanted

Edited by tsintskaro

7 hours ago, tsintskaro said:

60 is steal.i wrote 100,but i know 100 is too much

80-90 is the price that club should start with negotiating 

yes he is not in the world cup,but am pretty sure he will keep being good,same for the club and i cant see a lot good wingers in the market who are not in top clubs.so,he will be one of the most wanted

I think Mahrez himself is still shocked with last summer lack of serious offers. I agree with you, he is one of the best wingers in Europe, probably the best PL player outside top 6, but still underrated and not sure he will be one of the most sought-after players next summer.

7 minutes ago, Bozman said:

It's gossip anyway but it's not really anything new. We'll talk to clubs if our fee demands are met, it was the same in the summer.

He can do better than Arsenal though.

Just now, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

It's gossip anyway but it's not really anything new. We'll talk to clubs if our fee demands are met, it was the same in the summer.

He can do better than Arsenal though.

Good, just hope he stays, I just spotted the link on Arsenal mania.

Guest MattP
7 minutes ago, Bozman said:

That says a lot without saying anything, we already know he can leave if a "substantial offer" comes in.

What I want to know now is what we see that figure as, if we valued him at 50million in the summer then it's certainly more than that now, I don't think we should be shy about putting up something outrageous when players like Dembele and Lemar are going or being touted for 90million+.

1 minute ago, MattP said:

That says a lot without saying anything, we already know he can leave if a "substantial offer" comes in.

What I want to know now is what we see that figure as, if we valued him at 50million in the summer then it's certainly more than that now, I don't think we should be shy about putting up something outrageous when players like Dembele and Lemar are going or being touted for 90million+.

You are right, our owners are not fools, I think we should asking 60 -70 million minimum,  then at least we should be able to find a decent replacement if spent wisely .

4 minutes ago, MattP said:

Definitely. Southampton managed to flog a centre half of the same age, with about one and a half semi decent mid-table seasons under his belt who's barely played for the last year for £75 million. I'd want at least £80 mill in this market and I don't think we should be shy about asking for it.

Edited by Miquel The Work Geordie
  • Like 1

Guest MattP
2 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

I love how people think if we get a decent wedge for him we will be able to get a good replacement ...   yes, get as much as we can, but seriously ..  find a good replacement ??   I wish.

Impossible to do isn't it? He's the most naturally gifted footballer we have ever had, one who was capable of winning a Player of the Year award over guys like Sanchez, Hazard, Costa, Ozil, Silva, De Bruyne, Aguero etc over a whole year of playing the game. A guy who could waltz past some of the best defenders in the World like they weren't there, what he did to Otamendi at Man City ffs.

Whoever it is we buy as the replacement I feel sorry for them as they will be compared to him and like most players who leave after a successful stint we'll only remember the brilliant stuff when they do and there is a hell of a lot of it to remember.

Don't go Riyad, just stay until the summer, win the FA Cup then go.

53 minutes ago, MattP said:

Impossible to do isn't it? He's the most naturally gifted footballer we have ever had, one who was capable of winning a Player of the Year award over guys like Sanchez, Hazard, Costa, Ozil, Silva, De Bruyne, Aguero etc over a whole year of playing the game. A guy who could waltz past some of the best defenders in the World like they weren't there, what he did to Otamendi at Man City ffs.

Whoever it is we buy as the replacement I feel sorry for them as they will be compared to him and like most players who leave after a successful stint we'll only remember the brilliant stuff when they do and there is a hell of a lot of it to remember.

Don't go Riyad, just stay until the summer, win the FA Cup then go.

Yep ..  just like Ndidi ..   a great acquisition and fantastic prospect for a (just) 21 year old ...   but unfortunately often compared to the Mighty Midget ...