Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The whole world smiles

Riyad Mahrez - The great Artist

4 minutes ago, Beechey said:

I hope this is true, but it's not like Puel is going to come out and say that he wants to leave lol 

Also the wording in his response is weird, language barrier or not. Wanting  to play in the team does not necessarily mean that you wouldn't leave.  

Edited by Redouane

From a business standpoint, if they can get their price - now would be the time to sell him.  There's no danger of going down, the chances of cracking the top 6 are not all that great . Also he's given the club everything they've asked and if he wants CL football or to play somewhere else, they should probably let him go..  That all said it would suck if he went to Chelsea or Arsenal.  Then there's the matter of replacing him which won't happen.  No matter the sport, you don't replace super stars who perform - at least not in the near term.

5 minutes ago, Redouane said:

I hope this is true, but it's not like Puel is going to come out and say that he wants to leave lol 

Also the wording in his response is weird, language barrier or not. Wanting  to play in the team does not necessarily mean that you wouldn't leave.  

I'd say it was pretty clear Red that he likes playing here and doesn't want to go ..    whether thats true or not is a different matter.

37 minutes ago, TeaMen Tom said:

From a business standpoint, if they can get their price - now would be the time to sell him.  There's no danger of going down, the chances of cracking the top 6 are not all that great . Also he's given the club everything they've asked and if he wants CL football or to play somewhere else, they should probably let him go..  That all said it would suck if he went to Chelsea or Arsenal.  Then there's the matter of replacing him which won't happen.  No matter the sport, you don't replace super stars who perform - at least not in the near term.

i dont agree.. likely hood is that the europa league will likely go down as far as 7th this year and Mahrez could be the difference between getting that place and not.

9 minutes ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

See the United forum Red Café is doing a thread on who they rate as the top

5 EPL players that do not play for the big six sides .... interesting reading.

Mahrez and Vardy feature in most opinions but Wilf is also in quite a few picks.

Of replies so far, Mahrez first on 13, second on two, nowhere lower.

If Manure fans see a superstar, why do so many of ours see “shite”, among other epithets.

honestly be gutted whenever he leaves, will be suicidal if it's for less than 100 mill. pfa player of the year, most naturally gifted player we've ever had, best first touch in world football, superb new haircut, more goals and assists this season (when he was "rubbish" for the first part) than the likes of sane, hazard, sanchez, coutinho, alli, eriksen, mane, silva, the list goes on. pretty sure he's still got a decent wedge of his contract left, not cup tied in any competition, knows and has made mugs of this league for 3 years. 

god he's good. 

• Like 3

Think at times we are easy to underestimate how much we need him, yes there are times where he looks lazy, not with it and generally like he can't be arsed, but then he will hit you with a moment of magic and change the game, it's sad that he wants to leave, but that way he conducted himself about the whole move away, not spitting his dummy out and has got on with his game is something, along with the moments of genius he's gave us, that I will remember when he inevitably leaves, a true city great, who I would always give an excellent reception whenever he plays against us, whatever money we get we will struggle for a replacement, but in my eyes we should go all out for Zaha 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Of replies so far, Mahrez first on 13, second on two, nowhere lower.

If Manure fans see a superstar, why do so many of ours see “shite”, among other epithets.

because they know what a top level flair player looks like, and they also know that even messi can't put in a masterclass for 90 minutes,

i think that many here fail to understand that flair isn't as sustainable as work-rate.

Edited by the fox
  • Like 4

What trips my trigger, is when people outright hate on this great and supremely entertaining player.

By “hate on” I do not mean constructive criticism.  Most of us have slagged him in match threads.  We all know he can fall as far short of expectations as any player going.  And most are happy to enjoy and praise an improved body of work this season.

But those who are vicious and whose criticism never spares his motivation or his character, based on whatever assumptions they have set in cement … that $#!t goes straight to my reptilian brain stem.

My guess is, he leaves this summer … so I am going to enjoy every remaining moment of #26 in Leicester colors.

ourRiyad.JPG

• Like 1

he's not going anywhere in this window, I'll dance down my street with my dick out if he does. 

he's happy, in a good run of form, enjoying playing with his teammates and Puel sounded confident that he's not going anywhere. 

he will still be here at the end of Jan - 100%.

• Like 1

On 1/2/2018 at 07:02, Algerian said:

Sell him at high profit and bring another very promising Algerian from Le Havre (the same club from which LCFC picked Mahrez): Zineddine Ferhat. Right Midfielder, already 3 goals and 11 Assists this season. Very Strong physically and pacey compared to Riyad, gifted with wonderful crossing ability, he will for sure fit the premierleague. 

Can he play right back? :D

32 minutes ago, Leamington Fox said:

Can anyone find me a part of the ground where I am not within earshot of at least one mouth-breather shouting about Mahrez being shit and/or lazy?

Been a lurker, but I had to sign up just to agree with this. I am a member rather than season ticket holder and have been gradually working round the ground to try and find a group of fans who don't drive me to despair with their moaning - particularly at Mahrez. (Wasn't too bad in G1 incidentally!)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Leamington Fox said:

Can anyone find me a part of the ground where I am not within earshot of at least one mouth-breather shouting about Mahrez being shit and/or lazy?

Constant moaners in some parts of the ground for sure. What's most frustrating is when fans get on his back on every occasion he doesn't get passed a player or losses the ball. He clearly is technically one of the best players we have ever had, he is miles ahead of most of our squad in terms of skill. 

• Like 1

Guest MattP
14 hours ago, lifted*fox said:

he's not going anywhere in this window, I'll dance down my street with my dick out if he does. 

he's happy, in a good run of form, enjoying playing with his teammates and Puel sounded confident that he's not going anywhere. 

he will still be here at the end of Jan - 100%.

Let's hope you are right, it all depends on who comes in though. 

I have no doubt he is enjoying his football and will try his best but he's desperate to be playing in the Champions League again. 

Mahrez may very well be the most talented Leicester player I'll ever see in my life-time. That's how good he is.

Yeah, he has has poor games, but so do all players. His just stand out more, because we need him to win us games.  When he's playing poorly, chances are we're not going to win.