Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The whole world smiles

Riyad Mahrez - The great Artist

23 hours ago, Charl91 said:

Mahrez may very well be the most talented Leicester player I'll ever see in my life-time. That's how good he is.

Yeah, he has has poor games, but so do all players. His just stand out more, because we need him to win us games.  When he's playing poorly, chances are we're not going to win.

I genuinely think he can be poor, albeit rarely, due to a lack of desire and motivation.

When he's on it, he can be world-class.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

On 04/01/2018 at 20:00, Leamington Fox said:

Can anyone find me a part of the ground where I am not within earshot of at least one mouth-breather shouting about Mahrez being shit and/or lazy?

Spurs.

Albrighton is the winger who is truly underrated at Leicester.

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Coutinho  bid accepted ... getting worried now about an incoming bid from the Scousers.  

Any lapse in his work rate or commitment and he'd be ostracised under Klopp - shame with Pochettino.

When and IF the owners decide to accept a bid we will need a complete rebuild imo - the creativity is completely lacking and will make Vardy even less potent.

Gray is not the answer and I don’t believe should be anything other than a back up.

We will genuinely need to consider not only a replacement but also a quality number 10 who creates and scores.

Two players in effect to replace one who improve the starting eleven but who and where they are I don’t have a clue ? however the Vardy/Mahrez part of our team is what differentiates us from relegation candidates and hence I really hope we have more than a January window to replace Riyad.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
4 hours ago, Mendi said:

Chelsea doing the rounds for him.

Could be the best scenario if a bidding war starts, we will get a fortune.

and before anyone asks i dont know anything on this one, last i heard on NYD was there were no enquiries.

I don't think we will get £100m and if he goes I'd sooner he went in the first half of the window so we could at least try and bring in a replacement. I think £50-75m is more likely and is reasonable in this market. Bear in mind Coutinho has been consistently a top player for 4 seasons now.

3 minutes ago, Bryn said:

if he goes I'd sooner he went in the first half of the window so we could at least try and bring in a replacement.

No no no no no !!!  ....    we should tell them all to fook off, and tell Mahrez to fook off if he pipes up.  We will not be able to get anyone in during the window and it will be another giant cock up, shafting our season and doing massive long term damage.   If, and only if, someone comes in with a proper bid in the summer then that’s another matter.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Bryn said:

I don't think we will get £100m and if he goes I'd sooner he went in the first half of the window so we could at least try and bring in a replacement. I think £50-75m is more likely and is reasonable in this market. Bear in mind Coutinho has been consistently a top player for 4 seasons now.

If I were paying 145 million for him, I’d be more interested in the next 4 seasons.

Guest Cujek
1 hour ago, Old Fox said:

When and IF the owners decide to accept a bid we will need a complete rebuild imo - the creativity is completely lacking and will make Vardy even less potent.

Gray is not the answer and I don’t believe should be anything other than a back up.

We will genuinely need to consider not only a replacement but also a quality number 10 who creates and scores.

Two players in effect to replace one who improve the starting eleven but who and where they are I don’t have a clue ? however the Vardy/Mahrez part of our team is what differentiates us from relegation candidates and hence I really hope we have more than a January window to replace Riyad.

Are you serious?

33 minutes ago, Bryn said:

If Liverpool pay 75million for a centre half then they should be made to pay 100million for a player who is far more skilful and creative and who scores more goals.

If we sell for anything less we've been done.

So Coutinho has gone for about £145 million. 

So how much is Mharez worth in this current market? 

Is Mharez as good as Coutinho (145M) no he isn’t. 

Is he worth/talented as half as much? (£72M) no he’s worth more and more talented than that. 

Hes probably 2/3 (£90 odd million) as good as Coutinho. 

Will we get that that for him? I don’t think so. 

Why?................probably because he plays for lcfc and not Man City or someone 

if he goes in this window £70 million is probably the figure we will get 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Old Fox said:

ah! The end is nigh brigade.

37 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

No no no no no !!!  ....    we should tell them all to fook off, and tell Mahrez to fook off if he pipes up.  We will not be able to get anyone in during the window and it will be another giant cock up, shafting our season and doing massive long term damage.   If, and only if, someone comes in with a proper bid in the summer then that’s another matter.

Agreed.

18 minutes ago, reynard said:

If Liverpool pay 75million for a centre half then they should be made to pay 100million for a player who is far more skilful and creative and who scores more goals.

If we sell for anything less we've been done.

People always say things like this but this isn't how transfers work. The player wants to go and we can't afford not to replace him and we will want to avoid another Silva fiasco.

23 minutes ago, Bryn said:

People always say things like this but this isn't how transfers work. The player wants to go and we can't afford not to replace him and we will want to avoid another Silva fiasco.

Liverpool have the money if they want him make them pay. He's completely irreplaceable for us in any case.

Mahrez not likely to go to Liverpool

"Understand @LFC have contacted @LCFC directly to tell them they have no interest in winger Riyad Mahrez - among a number of first-teamers left out of the Foxes' FA Cup team at Fleetwood - and speculation is "complete fabrication"

https://mobile.twitter.com/carlmarkham/status/949631774161850368

Edited by Redouane
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, reynard said:

Liverpool have the money if they want him make them pay. He's completely irreplaceable for us in any case.

AND WE DON'T HAVE TO SELL.

Surely Mahrez wants to go. Guaranteed European football in an attacking team which has an open first team place for him, or the same in a team that is in no way guaranteed the same. Give him the keys to the city if he stays.