Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The whole world smiles

Riyad Mahrez - The great Artist

Marhez as an individual is ambitious and he owes it to himself and has every right to fulfil those ambitions. I don't think he's necessarily money orientated though. I don't think he'd be happy sitting on a subs bench somewhere just drawing a big wage. In a good way I think he likes to show off and I do feel he enjoys our fans adulation of him.

If we manage to keep hold of him until the summer and if we were to just scrape into Europe, do you think think that with Puels relationship and reputation of improving past French speaking players, combined with his methods thus far shown, together with the promise of team strengthening of that style in the transfer market, that he may just feel that there is a good chance of an exciting future by staying with us? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Redouane said:

Mahrez not likely to go to Liverpool

"Understand @LFC have contacted @LCFC directly to tell them they have no interest in winger Riyad Mahrez - among a number of first-teamers left out of the Foxes' FA Cup team at Fleetwood - and speculation is "complete fabrication"

https://mobile.twitter.com/carlmarkham/status/949631774161850368

That's just what they said abut Van Dyck after being found out. Obviously the whole world must have misunderstood the phrase "we have ended any interest in the player".

I wouldn't trust anything they say.

1 minute ago, volpeazzurro said:

Marhez as an individual is ambitious and he owes it to himself and has every right to fulfil those ambitions. I don't think he's necessarily money orientated though. I don't think he'd be happy sitting on a subs bench somewhere just drawing a big wage. In a good way I think he likes to show off and I do feel he enjoys our fans adulation of him.

If we manage to keep hold of him until the summer and if we were to just scrape into Europe, do you think think that with Puels relationship and reputation of improving past French speaking players, combined with his methods thus far shown, together with the promise of team strengthening of that style in the transfer market, that he may just feel that there is a good chance of an exciting future by staying with us? 

Me neither. I think he's European competitive football orientated though.

11 minutes ago, Redouane said:

"Understand @LFC have contacted @LCFC directly to tell them they have no interest in winger Riyad Mahrez - among a number of first-teamers left out of the Foxes' FA Cup team at Fleetwood - and speculation is "complete fabrication"

"In no way did I have sexual relations with that woman."

Also, how can be speculation be a fabrication? Surely speculation is a fabrication by its very nature? If we're going to spout shite let's make that shite make sense.

Edited by Foxxed
  • Haha 4

14 minutes ago, Redouane said:

LFC: Hi John, just ringing you to say that, despite all the speculation, we have no interest in Riyad Mahrez.

Rudkin: £100m

LFC: No John, no. We're ringing to say we're NOT interested.

Rudkin: Okay...£75m

LFC: Listen...John. The point of this call was to reassure you we're not in for Riyad.

Rudkin: Hmmmm...you drive a hard bargain. £50m?

LFC: Look...John. We've got things to do. Just thought we'd ring. Anyway....

Rudkin: What about £25m and first dibs on N'didi?

LFC: Okay John. We give in. You've got yourself a deal.

*puts phone down*

Rudkin: Suckers! (Sees reflection on laptop screen) Johnny you are a ****ing genius son.

Edited by Paddy.
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

LFC: Hi John, just ringing you to say that, despite all the speculation, we have no interest in Riyad Mahrez.

Rudkin: £100m

LFC: No John, no. We're ringing to say we're NOT interested.

Rudkin: Okay...£75m

LFC: Listen...John. The point of this call was to reassure you we're not in for Riyad.

Rudkin: Hmmmm...you drive a hard bargain. £50m?

LFC: Look...John. We've got things to do. Just thought we'd ring. Anyway....

Rudkin: What about £25m and first dibs on N'didi?

LFC: Okay John. We give in. You've got yourself a deal.

*puts phone down*

Rudkin: Suckers! (Sees reflection on laptop screen) Johnny you are a ****ing genius son.

Do you ever think Rudkin is a really crap version of littlefinger?

1 minute ago, volpeazzurro said:

I think you'r right and I don't think that we could blame him or any other player for wanting that. Have we the ability to fulfl those ambitions for him in the next 3 years though say?

Yeah but then he's 30. This is his prime. It's like your fat girlfriend telling you, at 18, that she'll be well fit in 20 years.

• Haha 1

Philippe Coutinho for Liverpool in the Premier League:

152 games
41 goals
35 assists

Trophies while at Liverpool:

Apparent worth - £142 million 

Riyad Mahrez for Leicester in the premier league: 

125 games 
34 goals 
24 assists

Trophies while at Leicester: 

Championship, Premier League, PFA POTY

Apparent worth - “No more than £50 million”

I want £200m and a packet of Fox Glacier Mints for every fan for 5 years. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Philippe Coutinho for Liverpool in the Premier League:

152 games
41 goals
35 assists

Trophies while at Liverpool:

Apparent worth - £142 million 

Riyad Mahrez for Leicester in the premier league: 

125 games 
34 goals 
24 assists

Trophies while at Leicester: 

Championship, Premier League, PFA POTY

Apparent worth - “No more than £50 million”

I want £200m and a packet of Fox Glacier Mints for every fan for 5 years. 

Great stats.

Time to buckle up, heating up all over social media but then have no idea how credible some of the "itk's" are.

And if its for the 55 million euros that Bein sports are quoting then I give up.

Edited by EastAnglianFox

42 minutes ago, NewEnglandFox said:

This is a guy who spend deadline day in an airport. Don't pretend like he wants to stay. We'd be stupid not to sell him for a bid over £50. And we'd reinvest in a new record flop signing and be a worse off team for it. But it's what has to be done.

...£51?

Genius playmaker in red hot form, former PFA Player of the Year, not cup tied for Europe. We should be demanding £100m for Mahrez in this window.

The £50m we were asking for in the summer is yesterday's news. This was off the back of a season in which he hadn't really performed and there was a little bit of doubt around that maybe he'd not ever get close to the 15/16 heights again. It was also before the most likely suitor received an absolutely ridiculous transfer fee for a player who hasn't achieved half of what Mahrez has (whilst by-and-large playing with much better players) and then spent £75m on a centre back.

Just now, ARTY_FOX said:

Why Liverpool though just Why? I thought he wanted to win things ect... have some ambition Mahrez you're so much better than Liverpool.

tbh, they are putting a great team at the moment. naby keita and lemar in the summer plus a goalkeeper. that's a great team