Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The whole world smiles

Riyad Mahrez - The great Artist

1 hour ago, Monsell1976 said:

Without mahrez we struggle to create, we are very ordinary.

We could buy a cheap prospect to replace him, and hope it works, or buy a very expensive replacement, but as we know that doesn’t always work out.

So agree he’s virtually irreplaceable, as some point we will have no option, and we will be worse off and may take some time to ever fill the hole he leaves.

He’s probably the most technically gifted and most skilful, complete player, that has played for us in my 30 years of following city

I agree with the comment about his ability, gift, skill (when he's at it he's the best I've seen in almost 5 decades watching City). He has also been lazy, surly and frustrating too.

Where I do disagre Monse is the irreplaceble comment! A massive loss if he goes but noone  is irreplaceable. We plucked Riyadh, N'golo  and Vards out of relative obscurity so who's  to say we can't  do it again?

People dumbing down the price we can get for im if he goes also need to think again, Saints secured £75 million for a fkn defender so how can anyone  place lesser value on a creative genius?

Edited by Bluetintedspecs
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

I agree with the comment about his ability, gift, skill (when he's at it he's the best I've seen in almost 5 decades watching City). He has also been lazy, surly and frustrating too.

Where I do disagre Monse is the irreplaceble comment! A massive loss if he goes but noone  is irreplaceable. We plucked Riyadh, N'golo  and Vards out of relative obscurity so who's  to say we can't  do it again?

People dumbing down the price we can get for im if he goes also need to think again, Saints secured £75 million for a fkn defender so how can anyone  place lesser value on a creative genius?

I agree, but that’s part and parcel with the great players, but can do naff all, all game, but produce one bit of magic and win you the game.

As a flair player, mahrez on a whole is probably one of the harder working, regards tracking back etc, but that’s a part of his game that has been expected of him here, starting with Pearson 

Today’s silly prices, he’s easily £80 to £100 mill.

Edited by Monsell1976
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

im confused why would we need to up his wages to keep him? he is already under contract and tied down.

Because we want him to be happy and therefore hopefully playing well.  

if he feels we are underpaying him based on what he could earn elsewhere then he possibly won't give his all. fine margins etc 

52 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

I think Monse was replying to my post BTS about the irreplaceable bit and whilst I agree that no one is irreplaceable I don’t think we could do that in the remainder of this window ...   and that is what would fook our season.   Plan ahead and get all your ducks in a row for the summer if go he must.

24 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

I think Monse was replying to my post BTS about the irreplaceable bit and whilst I agree that no one is irreplaceable I don’t think we could do that in the remainder of this window ...   and that is what would fook our season.   Plan ahead and get all your ducks in a row for the summer if go he must.

Hey Country, I couldn't  be arse to read the whole thread, and yes I totally agree about this window! 

Noone in their right mind would ever want to lose the mercurial genius of Riyad and yes timing is a massive factor.

If he ultimately is to leave then timings and value have to be in our favour and because of the contract we hold I still feel we hold all the aces.

Edited by Bluetintedspecs
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Tringfox said:

If we do lose him in this window (which I hope we don’t).

How about Thorgan Hazard as his replacement?

The nightmare would be losing Riyad in the last hours of the window and not having time to sign a replacement.

As we know, LCFC have previous for this :frusty:

Well he’s no Coutinho replacement. He’s a different player that thrives realistically in a different position and formation.

He may well go somewhere else but unless our billionaire owners step up and start paying 150k a week to top players and move with the times... because if they want to be top six, season in and out, we’ll be a mid table club for the foreseeable at best. It’s quite simple really. They’ve got a taste of fortune on a shoestring but it won’t be replicated until they go deep into their pockets a la Chelsea/ Man City.

Sad but true

Over to you Top et al.

2 hours ago, Spudulike said:

The nightmare would be losing Riyad in the last hours of the window and not having time to sign a replacement.

As we know, LCFC have previous for this :frusty:

Or losing him and then completing the purchase of his replacement by 14 secs late. .. whst are the chances of that eh?

19 minutes ago, Gerbold said:

Watch Andres Iniesta. For involvement, perception, speed-of-thought, and technical ability he's the yardstick against who all these 'magic-moments' players should be measured. Above all, though, he shows ninety-minutes of commitment to his team. Riyad isn't building his potential up - he's content with being the big fish in our pond - always believing that he's going to be snapped-up this year...next year... He still has parts of his game to develop. Maybe he needs to look at someone like Iniesta and ask just what personal achievement is all about rather than basking in the attention his intermittent brilliance attracts. What footballers cost is rarely concomitant to their worth - only their potential. If that isn't worked on then it's just been some moneybags showing off how much they can spend.

If he was a complete player like iniesta, he would never have played for Leicester, so as good of a player he is, yes he has still to develop into a great player on the world stage.

Riyad has expressed his interest to go to a bigger club, which would mean he wouldn’t be the big player, which doesn’t really doesn’t back up your point about his content to be a big fish.

No point comparing, as a bit of an unbalanced comparison, for a class player, who is surrounded by world class players( riyad is at a disadvantage, with the lack of technical, talented players around him)

I know what Riyad’s value is to us, and I stick by the fact we will be a lot weaker, and ordinary without him, unless we are able to afford or recruit a player, who can offer the creative talent he does straight away.

He will leave at some point, I will be gutted, and wouldn’t trust our current recruitment team to spend the money to replace him.

All to their own, it may take him to leave for some to appreciate what he actually brings to the team.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Liverpool news LIVE updates: All the latest from Anfield

Monday 8 January 

Mahrez update

10:00: Riyad Mahrez is now odds-on at 2/5 to swap Leicester for Liverpool, according to bookmaker Ladbrokes.

Mahrez has been linked with a move to Anfield as a replacement for Philippe Coutinho and the bookies believe a deal is close.

Alex Apati of Ladbrokes said: "It's been a huge weekend as far as transfer betting goes, with several players now looking more likely than ever for big money moves."

On 1/7/2018 at 12:11, Redouane said:

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/media-watch/286660-liverpool-close-in-on-riyad-mahrez

This is awkward, Liverpool is embedding news articles claiming Mahrez is to join ^^

*slaps head*

look where its sourced from

According to beIN Sports

100 articles sourced from the same FUD source doesnt make it true.

46 minutes ago, Antoine said:

Fousseni Diabate has described his move to Leicester City as a “dream come true”.

The 22-year-old forward is signing from Ligue 2 side Gazelec Ajaccio in a deal believed to be around €2million.!

Replacement? 

Possibly for Musa, most likely, but I bet Diabate is itching his skin in the hope of playing regularly..:whistle:

Edited by Wymeswold fox

2 hours ago, Antoine said:

Fousseni Diabate has described his move to Leicester City as a “dream come true”.

The 22-year-old forward is signing from Ligue 2 side Gazelec Ajaccio in a deal believed to be around €2million.!

Replacement? 

In five years and six christmas miracles, perhaps.

Guest Kopfkino

Excellent performance again today. Pissed me off with his pathetic dive, stay on your feet and try to score lad. We best get a handsome remuneration when he leaves, will be fuming if we accept something daft like 50m.

1 minute ago, Kopfkino said:

Excellent performance again today. Pissed me off with his pathetic dive, stay on your feet and try to score lad. We best get a handsome remuneration when he leaves, will be fuming if we accept something daft like 50m.

The dive could've easily been mistaken for a foul, and we could've been 1 point off from 7th place.

Too bad it didn't work out

Just now, Redouane said:

The dive could've easily been mistaken for a foul, and we could've been 1 point off from 7th place.

No it was shit from him and you should feel bad for defending such pathetic moves. 

Best player on the pitch with Maguire and Ndidi though.

Guest Kopfkino
1 minute ago, Redouane said:

Nah I don't agree with that. Hate to see any player try a dive, especially when you're as well off backing yourself to score one on one.

He was the best player on the pitch today by a mile and made an admittedly tired and off-form Hazard look ordinary. You can complain about the dive, but Vardy has done that a million times before including getting sent off during the title run in for doing the same thing! So though it frustrates me too, I think we are making a mountain out of a molehill here.

Sadly I think this is his last season with us. When you look at him today you can't understand why the top teams haven't paid the money for him because he's clearly worth it. It's not just having blue-tinted specs on, the guy is a class act all round! In fact why Barcelona went for Dembele for 97M when they could have got Mahrez for a lot less I don't know. Dembele might be younger and have potential but isn't nearly as good as Riyad IMO. Manchester United are another one who could have got Mahrez instead of Mkhitariyan but didn't choose that option.

Anyway their loss is our gain!

• Like 1