Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The whole world smiles

Riyad Mahrez - The great Artist

Under the weather for most part today. Nice touch for the goal, but somehow lacked that special something on the wing and couldn't influence the game as much as he or we would've liked to.

Didn't seem like he was fully fit today.

It was as if he was holding back - when not having to get by two Watford players at the same time, of course.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Under the weather for most part today. Nice touch for the goal, but somehow lacked that special something on the wing and couldn't influence the game as much as he or we would've liked to.

Didn't seem like he was fully fit today.

It was as if he was holding back - when not having to get by two Watford players at the same time, of course.

sign of a great player even when he's not having his best game he pulls a rabbit out of a hat. 

the run and finish was magic. 

• Like 1

He was played reasonably well today and was doubled up on alot. Still managed to craft some excellent chances for the team and his goal was excellent as I think Silvas pass sent him wider than he intended.

Silver lining if he moves on at the end of the season is that he's proven he's much more than a 50m player. 

He looks like he's back and enjoying his footie.

3 minutes ago, berniethebolt said:

He was played reasonably well today and was doubled up on alot. Still managed to craft some excellent chances for the team and his goal was excellent as I think Silvas pass sent him wider than he intended.

Silver lining if he moves on at the end of the season is that he's proven he's much more than a 50m player. 

He looks like he's back and enjoying his footie.

I think its fair to say that if he goes for 50m, we have been anally butchered!

• Like 1

I thought he was probably trying too hard today. It was only small margins like delaying a pass too long or being caught in possession.

But still showed his class and I love the way he draws in defenders and forces them to commit.  In the end his class won out with a wonderful taken Goal.

58 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I thought he was probably trying too hard today. It was only small margins like delaying a pass too long or being caught in possession.

But still showed his class and I love the way he draws in defenders and forces them to commit.  In the end his class won out with a wonderful taken Goal.

Yes, he has a habit of looking pedestrian for too long. That is why we have him still. 

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

Seemed to me like he was perhaps a bit desperate to get on the scoresheet. There was that free kick from way out wide which he attempted to score from?

A few hours before the game he liked a Twitter post about how he had scored in the last 4 games against Watford, maybe that was in the back of his mind. Glad he did get the goal in the end.

9 minutes ago, brucey said:

Seemed to me like he was perhaps a bit desperate to get on the scoresheet. There was that free kick from way out wide which he attempted to score from?

A few hours before the game he liked a Twitter post about how he had scored in the last 4 games against Watford, maybe that was in the back of his mind. Glad he did get the goal in the end.

I like the way he's using upper body strength to ride tackles now. A year ago he was getting pushed over too easily.

It's just another part of his development and showing he's turning into the real deal.

thought he was well good second half. pretty sure vardy was onside when he slipped him through after a great run. there was a moment near the dug out half way through the second half where i am 99% sure he ran through a defender like an actual ghost, it was unreal. 

and a great run and finish to top it off. he just makes watching us a billion times more enjoyable and has done for 4 years. whenever another club finally stumps up the 100+ mill that he’s worth itll be one of the saddest days in our clubs history. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Today’s goal was another example of the success of Puel allowing him freedom to float across the pitch. He’s lethal when he gets the ball just outside the box moving at pace and with one defender in front of him. Everyone in the stadium and their defender knew he was going left and he still glided past him as if he wasn’t there. It’s great to see him visibly enjoying playing again even though today he was not fully on his game. Loved the bit when Albrighton cracked some joke at him when they were standing over a free kick and Riyad burst out laughing.

• Like 2