Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The whole world smiles

Riyad Mahrez - The great Artist

3 minutes ago, drofmor55 said:

Sell him to Man City..

1. 60 million is a fair valuation

2. We wont be able to compete with Man City over the next few seasons, but we possibly can against Liverpool/Arsenal/Spurs/Chelsea...so i would      rather he went to where he can do least damage to us.

3. Mahrez is more effective playing on the break..he wont be doing that at Man City..most teams just park the bus against them.

4. If he doesnt leave now he is just going to be a festering sore in the team morale.

5. Will give more opportunities to Gray and Diabate.

6. Make it part of the deal to cancel the clause in Inheacho's contract where i believe  Man City have a buy back clause.

60 millon fair valuation 

I stopped reading sorry ..

• Like 2

Can't blame him if he went, he isn't a Leicester fan like all of us. He gets the chance to play in an unbelievable team and under Pep. Probably double his wage. 

But has to be at the right price. 

He will have played and been around for 4 years with some dross day in day out - None of our team could get into Man City's XI, lets be honest. RM has managed to perform at the levels he has trying to do 1-2's with Andy King and Musa day in day out, imagine what he could become in that team. He would no doubt improve being around elite players like that who are on his wavelength. Here he probably has 1 or 2 players on the same wavelength, there he has 10/15.

We will see

• Like 1

If he really wants to move on, he has given his all to the club and is now in the window of his career when he could play for a big club - maybe that's what he's always wanted to do and they should probably allow him the chance.   He's kept his end of the bargain with LCFC. That said, if City or Liverpool or whomever really want him at mid season like this - given its short term impact on his current club - they better pay up and pay up in a big way.  I'm thinking at $75 million you start to consider it.  Anything less, let him move this summer - and maybe you accept something in the $60 million range.  It's more a matter of if the player doesn't really want to stay...

12 minutes ago, TeaMen Tom said:

If he really wants to move on, he has given his all to the club and is now in the window of his career when he could play for a big club - maybe that's what he's always wanted to do and they should probably allow him the chance.   He's kept his end of the bargain with LCFC. That said, if City or Liverpool or whomever really want him at mid season like this - given its short term impact on his current club - they better pay up and pay up in a big way.  I'm thinking at $75 million you start to consider it.  Anything less, let him move this summer - and maybe you accept something in the $60 million range.  It's more a matter of if the player doesn't really want to stay...

Not with the way to USD has moved recently!! $75m is about £53m

• Haha 1

Obviously the price has to be right. But I really do think the sooner he fecks off the better. You can just see him sulking until the summer if we don't let him go. Not to mention all his fan boys telling us the club have ill treated him and should have sold him for £1m.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Obviously the price has to be right. But I really do think the sooner he fecks off the better. You can just see him sulking until the summer if we don't let him go. Not to mention all his fan boys telling us the club have ill treated him and should have sold him for £1m.

‘That’s all folks’

we will never see him put in the effort (both mental and physical) that he has in the past. And that includes the periods where he seemed to be not bothered. whether Man City come up with his valuation today or not, you won’t see him doing what he did for us in the past again. that final few tenths of a percent which makes the difference - gone! 

Thanks for the memories fella 

12 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

‘That’s all folks’

we will never see him put in the effort (both mental and physical) that he has in the past. And that includes the periods where he seemed to be not bothered. whether Man City come up with his valuation today or not, you won’t see him doing what he did for us in the past again. that final few tenths of a percent which makes the difference - gone! 

Thanks for the memories fella 

Assuming Missing that final few tenths of a percent, were to be true, its still means he will have more than most...

If Man.city dont want to cough up....tough!!! 

If Riyhad stays, or goes some other time, I am sure Puel will see his if his aptitude and attitude,

is still at the expected level, before deciding if he rates selection as 1st choice... 

Also it will show him, the pundits, and ourselves, how the top team market actually rates him.!!!

Hes unique , wonderfully gratifying for us, but do top team investors see him the same Value for their squads???

The great piss artist.

Puel has bent over backwards for him. Made him the centre of the team even let him Captain the team for a game. In return he doesn't turn up for training and MIA when we have a big game which could decide European action next season.

He's certainly got no loyalty.

If he's off in the summer we might as well start setting the team up around someone else.

1 hour ago, FIF said:

The great piss artist.

Puel has bent over backwards for him. Made him the centre of the team even let him Captain the team for a game. In return he doesn't turn up for training and MIA when we have a big game which could decide European action next season.

He's certainly got no loyalty.

If he's off in the summer we might as well start setting the team up around someone else.

Are the chairmen loyal? They made a gentlemen's agreement with him, that they would let him go if he wishes, even after signing a new contract. They set the valuation at 50m and when somebody put 75m plus a player, they increased their valuation. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy he is staying, but the fact that the chairmen went back on their agreement is far from loyal. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Redouane said:

Are the chairmen loyal? They made a gentlemen's agreement with him, that they would let him go if he wishes, even after signing a new contract. They set the valuation at 50m and when somebody put 75m plus a player, they increased their valuation. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy he is staying, but the fact that the chairmen went back on their agreement is far from loyal. 

It was £65 million including an unknown player.

This is what I think is a fact of Mahrez’s position from tomorrow, assuming he’s with us; to get that move to Barcelona or Man City or any really big club, he’s going to have to keep putting in the high quality performances of late. If he goes on a sulk or drops he won’t only devalue himself financially, but those bigger clubs will be less likely to make a move for him in future as he would prove again that he can blow very cold as well as hot. He’s streaky like Pardew. 

It is understood that no formal bids were ever submitted but sources close to Mahrez, who has recently appointed Kia Joorabchian as his agent, revealed he was “very depressed” after the move broke down.

if this is true than i have to say, is he dumb? falling for the same trick twice in less than a year! smh

18 minutes ago, Redouane said:

Youre talking rubbish ...   if someone really wants him they know what he costs ...   previous bids were a p1ss take and Pep was after a bargain.   

We should have let him go and pursue his dream.

His four years here have been the stuff of dreams - I have seen hundreds of players in city colours, but feel so privileged to have seen him perform for my beloved team. IMO he has more than paid his dues here and if £60m was the offer on the table, that should have been accepted. 

I think we have come out of this poorly, four transfer windows is taking the Michael. Feel sorry for the man, think the owners need to show a more human side - Mahrez may have signed a contract, but contracts don't count for much with Thai business men,  just look at our last few managers. 

I never wanted to see him leave, but why keep an unhappy player. Lack of class from the owners. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Webbo said:

It was £65 million including an unknown player.

C'mon we bought him for 3 peanuts. I agree with the owners for not letting themselves being bullied especially so late in the window but we can't we realistically expect a 90M bid for him, be it in the summer or whenever. That'd be insane. If any club splashes +65M (assuming he has a blinder in the next 4 months (which I doubt honestly) then sell. The sooner he's gone the better. Can't stand another shit like yesterday.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ZeGuy said:

C'mon we bought him for 3 peanuts. I agree with the owners for not letting themselves being bullied especially so late in the window but we can't we realistically expect a 90M bid for him, be it in the summer or whenever. That'd be insane. If any club splashes +65M (assuming he has a blinder in the next 4 months (which I doubt honestly) then sell. The sooner he's gone the better. Can't stand another shit like yesterday.

We paid the price that his previous club agreed to, whether it was peanuts or not is immaterial. If Man City want him they have to pay the asking price.