Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The whole world smiles

Riyad Mahrez - The great Artist

Just now, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Roma's offer was unacceptable.  Mahrez still thought we should accept it

This offer was unacceptable considering the time, Mahrez again wants us to do him a favour

I dont really think we're in any gray area.  Mahrez gets annoyed because nobody is seriously bidding for him.  Man City was the closest to being serious but it was only a desperate last minute bid

There has not yet been a point where we've turned down an acceptable offer.  Mahrez is not getting the bids he wants from other clubs, its not we who are mis-treating him, they are undervaluing him

So as a wantaway player its ridiculous to kick off unless people genuinely want to buy you and pay the going rate

I dont think there is anything complex in this situation.  I dont think the owners would refuse to sell at a reasonable price and they havent yet.

In the summer "acceptable" was about 50M so I heard and Roma's bid was a pure joke. No problem with that.

Now it's 95M albeit under dramatic conditions. We won't get them. Never. He ain't brazilian or english and we're still not a big club.

Let's say he has a blinder for the rest of the season (which I honestly hold for unlikely), bids will come this time. For how much do you think we're going to let him go? What's exactly reasonable for you?

4 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

In the summer "acceptable" was about 50M so I heard and Roma's bid was a pure joke. No problem with that.

Now it's 95M albeit under dramatic conditions. We won't get them. Never. He ain't brazilian or english and we're still not a big club.

Let's say he has a blinder for the rest of the season (which I honestly hold for unlikely), bids will come this time. For how much do you think we're going to let him go? What's exactly reasonable for you?

It depends on the market doesnt it?  Things change very quickly these days

But as things stand in the market (say, if nobody buys Zaha for 150 million) if someone comes in at the start of the window and he has had a good season with us, I dunno, 70 mill bare minimum?  I think thats not awful for us and nobody could say we're pricing him out of a move unfairly.  Think thats generous as fuch and I wouldnt be happy about it, but could probably swallow it

Then again i'm not in this biz and even 70 mill in the summer could end up being a rip off.

50 would be dirt cheap.  60 probably effectively a slap in the face too (if he has a good season)

12 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

cf. Virgil van Dyck, the heavily waxed ex-Madrid striker.

2 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

It depends on the market doesnt it?  Things change very quickly these days

But as things stand in the market (say, if nobody buys Zaha for 150 million) if someone comes in at the start of the window and he has had a good season with us, I dunno, 70 mill bare minimum?  I think thats not awful for us and nobody could say we're pricing him out of a move unfairly.  Think thats generous as fuch and I wouldnt be happy about it, but could probably swallow it

Then again i'm not in this biz and even 70 mill in the summer could end up being a rip off.

50 would be dirt cheap.  60 probably effectively a slap in the face too (if he has a good season)

70M is what I also consider as reasonable (only if he performs well).

19 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

cf. Virgil van Dyck, the heavily waxed ex-Madrid striker.

Ha. Knew it would come. Why people keep bringing him? No point comparing both. One is a defender the other an attacker.

A consistent, good defender with some ability on the ball is extremely rare in this league, I dare say more than an attacking player and Liverpool were absolutely desperate to bolster their defensive line. Two completely different situations.

Edited by ZeGuy

4 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Personally think 70's on the low side in the current market. If he went for that in the summer I could probably take it but I wouldn't be close to happy about that fee 

Yes but now the love story turned sour. It's preferable to let go sometimes, we already made our with Manchester City.

Just now, ZeGuy said:

Ha. Knew it would come. Why people keep bringing him? No comparing both. One is a defender the other an attacker.

A consistent, good defender with some ability on the ball is extremely rare in this league, I dare say more than an attacking player and Liverpool were absolutely desperate to bolster their defensive line. Two completely different situations.

A goal scoring winger who takes players on, assists nearly every game and has won POTY before is a lot more valuable than Van Dijk.

Just now, Foxin hell said:

A goal scoring winger who takes players on, assists nearly every game and has won POTY before is a lot more valuable than Van Dijk.

Not necessarily. It all depends on what you're looking for.

If he is, apparently, depressed, it's about time for him to 'man up' a bit and put things into perspective.

Many young players in lower French leagues etc wouod be snapping your hand off to know that a club like Leicester has been watching you, sign you up, develop you greatly and achieve the 'impossible' in football (like our PL-winning season).

There's does appear to be a feeling of him 'throwing his toys of the pram' currently, but he's done nothing wrong in just handing in a transfer request and not being selfish in going on strike etc.

7 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Cool, man city were desperate for an attacking player to cover the injury to sane. So, in that case we can consider a premium like for van dijk on top.

I thought made myself clear when I said that I understand the price tag for this window.

a nice paper by  rob tanner a diplomatic view 

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/what-happens-next-riyad-mahrez-1149975

but I think mahrez will return sooner znd will play against Swansea at kp

ps : pep said he was targeting mahrez since the summer and will come gor mshrez his coming summer 

1 hour ago, ZeGuy said:

Yes but now the love story turned sour. It's preferable to let go sometimes, we already made our with Manchester City.

I don't think the owners will let that deviate their price too much to be honest. I think they seem pretty strong on principles and I don't think they'll let him go on the cheap just because hes sulking 

3 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I don't think the owners will let that deviate their price too much to be honest. I think they seem pretty strong on principles and I don't think they'll let him go on the cheap just because hes sulking 

They won't demand 90M this summer.

Also a genuine question @the fox (I only ask you because you're quite measured see both sides as a Leicester fan and algerian) 

Would you rather mahrez played every week for Leicester or be a rotational player at man city until everyone's fit again where at best he makes the bench and plays cup matches?

Just now, ZeGuy said:

They won't demand 90M this summer.

They might not. I don't really believe they thought they'd get that yesterday. 75-80 however is what they expect and if in the summer someone doesn't meet that valuation once again he won't go and the whole of Algeria will accuse of "modern day slavery" 

Just now, ARTY_FOX said:

They might not. I don't really believe they thought they'd get that yesterday. 75-80 however is what they expect and if in the summer someone doesn't meet that valuation once again he won't go and the whole of Algeria will accuse of "modern day slavery" 

75-85M is realistic if and only if he performs well. If not well, it's not guaranteed that the big clubs will bid and we'll certainly knock the price down. What beyond a doubt is that he's going this summer.

6 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

75-85M is realistic if and only if he performs well. If not well, it's not guaranteed that the big clubs will bid and we'll certainly knock the price down. What beyond a doubt is that he's going this summer.

It might knocks his price down but that'll only be to his own detriment because I don't think the owners will lower their price because hes being a little bitch. More for the principle of the whole thing and I don't think they'll let mahrez dictate what he goes for because of his attitude. In fact I think it's just piss them off and he'd suffer more for it. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX