Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The whole world smiles

Riyad Mahrez - The great Artist

12 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Also a genuine question @the fox (I only ask you because you're quite measured see both sides as a Leicester fan and algerian) 

Would you rather mahrez played every week for Leicester or be a rotational player at man city until everyone's fit again where at best he makes the bench and plays cup matches?

i want him to play for my team, end of. it's the fact the things getting uglier between him and our fans/board that bother me.

i trust his ability and i think he would have started there. 

what gets in my nerves are the people who go on and on a about loyalty! there is no such thing as loyalty in football. riyad is looking to play for a bigger team and the owners are trying to squeez as much money as possible. fair to both

give it a few games and people will forget about it and chant his name in the stands again (the no agenda people of course)

arty, if you look closer you can see that it's the same story from both sides, it's just spun in another form by the anti-riyad brigade.

if you are disappointed with him, then fair enough, mad at him? fair enough. but just remember, when he steps on the pitch he will still be a fox.

he is still a leicester player, if liverpool fans can look past what coutinho did in the summer then surely our fans can do too.

Edited by the fox

Just now, ARTY_FOX said:

It might knocks his price down but that'll only be to his own detriment because I don't think the owners will lower their price because hes being a little bitch 

Oh they will because you can't afford to have keep an unhappy player in the long term as it has negative influence in the dressing room and effects the team's Performance. The only downside for him is that he won't get a move to a big club. Which is what he actually wants.

Just now, the fox said:

i want him to play for my team, end of. it's the fact the things getting uglier between him and our fans/board that bother me.

i trust his ability and i think he would have started there. 

what gets in my nerves are the people who go on and on a about loyalty! there is no such thing as loyalty in football. riyad is looking to play for a bigger team and the owners are trying to squeez as much money as possible. fair to both

give it a few games and people will forget about it and chant his name in the stands again (the no agenda people of course)

arty, if you look closer you can see that it's the same story from both sides, it's just spun in another from by the anti-riyad brigade.

if you are disappointed with him, then fair enough, mad at him? fair enough. but just remember, when he steps on the pitch he will still be a fox.

he is still a leicester player, if liverpool fans can look past what coutinho did in the summer then surely our fans can do to.

I'm not mad at him don't mean to come across that way, I'm annoyed at the situation though. If he comes out on Saturday I'll cheer his name as I hope most will and hope he puts 100% in. If not my opinion may change slightly but for now that's neither here nor there. 

It's more Just, if everyone's fit. I personally don't see mahrez starting, I can't see who he replaces? I also don't think he'd a guardiola player in that he isn't one for quick one touch passing and mich prefers a mad dribble past loads of players (which is one of the reasons I love him) 

3 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Oh they will because you can't afford to have keep an unhappy player in the long term as it has negative influence in the dressing room and effects the team's Performance. The only downside for him is that he won't get a move to a big club. Which is what he actually wants.

He may be unhappy and they probably won't want to keep an unhappy player around but that won't drop their price to 45 - 55 million though. They'll hold out until someone else jumps in. Respect and looking strong ect is something they clearly value very highly 

5 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I'm not mad at him don't mean to come across that way, I'm annoyed at the situation though. If he comes out on Saturday I'll cheer his name as I hope most will and hope he puts 100% in. If not my opinion may change slightly but for now that's neither here nor there. 

It's more Just, if everyone's fit. I personally don't see mahrez starting, I can't see who he replaces? I also don't think he'd a guardiola player in that he isn't one for quick one touch passing and mich prefers a mad dribble past loads of players (which is one of the reasons I love him) 

sorry mate, didn't intend for it to come off that way, my bad:thumbup:

as for the pep type players, neither sane nor raheen fit that bill and i know for a fact that mahrez has more technical ability than both.

riyad plays a bit like robben, i don't think pep will find a problem with him. if he wanted him then he knows what he's doing

Edited by the fox

1 minute ago, the fox said:

sorry mate, didn't intend for it to come off that way, my bad:thumbup:

as for the pep type players, neither sane nor raheen fit that bill and i know for a fact that he has more technical ability.

riyad plays a bit like robben, i don't think pep with find a problem with him. if he anted him then he knows what he doing

No apology needed mate! 

Fair one you've made a good point there but what they do have that road doesn't is lightning speed. I also think sterling has had it in him to be amazing but probably lacking the attitude to knuckle down for a some time. I'd say he's most likely to be moved out of the way for mahrez but pep loves raheem 

5 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

No apology needed mate! 

Fair one you've made a good point there but what they do have that road doesn't is lightning speed. I also think sterling has had it in him to be amazing but probably lacking the attitude to knuckle down for a some time. I'd say he's most likely to be moved out of the way for mahrez but pep loves raheem 

we are all talking hypotheticals here. he could have become the next great thing or the next biggest flop, who know.

what i care about is, he's still a leicester player and still our best player so we should play him in the nearest apportonity possible

what i'm worried about right now (and in the summer) is ndidi. seeing that pool and arsenal want a DM like him, it could get ugly

Edited by the fox

2 minutes ago, the fox said:

we are all talking hypotheticals here. he could have become the next great thing or the next biggest flop, who know.

what i care about is, he's still a leicester player and still our best player so we should play him in the nearest apportonity possible

what i'm worried about right now (and in the summer) is ndidi. seeing that pool and arsenal want a DM like him, it could get ugly

I don't think I could handle him and mahrez leaving at the same time.... although if we can get good fees who knows... 

1 minute ago, the fox said:

no fee is good enough, we lucked out with him replacing kante, i'm not taking those chances again

Agreed. Hopefully he's buying into the ambition of the club and ultimately thinks we have the potential to make the next step he can be apart of. Same with Maguire! 

7 minutes ago, Beechey said:

erm, we train in the afternoon, and would we train the day after a game?

This smells of unsubstantiated bullsh1t to me.

the solution is very simple 

the owners call the agent if mahrez revisit the contract put one more year plus by clause (65m and do to market inflation put 10% in any future sell e.g  mahrez  msn city still interested in him may sell after one year to RM or barca 170m that's 17m added to 65 that's 82 m£)  plus pay raise like 115k per week  contract signed every body happy 

we  need mahrez gor the coming fixtures 

Edited by Almo-Fox

2 minutes ago, Almo-Fox said:

the solution is very simple 

the owners call the agent if mahrez revisit the contract put one more year plus by clause (65m and do to market inflation put 10% in any future sell e.g  mahrez sold to RM or barca 170m that's 17m added to 65 that's 82 m£)  plus pay raise like 115k per week  contract signed every body happy 

we  need mahrez gor the coming fixtures 

Money usually soothes hurt feelings.

21 hours ago, Redouane said:

Are the chairmen loyal? They made a gentlemen's agreement with him, that they would let him go if he wishes, even after signing a new contract. They set the valuation at 50m and when somebody put 75m plus a player, they increased their valuation. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy he is staying, but the fact that the chairmen went back on their agreement is far from loyal. 

The Chairmen own him!

It's like he's thoroughbred racehorse.

If you owned a horse with a good chance of winning the Gold Cup and the National (or the prix de l'arc de triomphe if you prefer) for the next few years why would you give him away to the aga Khan?

He agreed a contract, he needs to see it out with respect.

Not turning up to train and not turning up for a match is unforgiveable.

8 minutes ago, FIF said:

The Chairmen own him!

It's like he's thoroughbred racehorse.

If you owned a horse with a good chance of winning the Gold Cup and the National (or the prix de l'arc de triomphe if you prefer) for the next few years why would you give him away to the aga Khan?

He agreed a contract, he needs to see it out with respect.

Not turning up to train and not turning up for a match is unforgiveable.

If only it were that simple. If a player wants to leave, he will leave. Ask Payer, Sánchez, Coutinho, D'emblée, Mbappe, ...

Now what worries me is if he completely burns bridges with the club, and he gets released, free to join any club he wishes. Its not like other clubs will care about his behavior, we know football clubs have twisted ethics. Barcelona recruited a violent racist biter that is Suarez for example. 

Its an unrealistic price for a team like Leicester to be asking for a player, £95m is crazy money. 

That's the type of money that you would expect a player to leave a top 4 side for, to go to Barcelona or Real Madrid, or PSG. 

Man City paid £55m for De Bruyne and £44m for Sterling. 

You should have just sold him for £60m and bought yourself James Maddison from us for the £20m that we'll probably get.... he'd be worth £50m within a year of playing Premier League football. (By all means mock that claim, but if you are going to then prepare yourself to have this bumped when he's shining in the Premier League and pulling on an England shirt, kids top drawer). 

3 minutes ago, YorkshireYellow said:

Its an unrealistic price for a team like Leicester to be asking for a player, £95m is crazy money. 

That's the type of money that you would expect a player to leave a top 4 side for, to go to Barcelona or Real Madrid, or PSG. 

Man City paid £55m for De Bruyne and £44m for Sterling. 

You should have just sold him for £60m and bought yourself James Maddison from us for the £20m that we'll probably get.... he'd be worth £50m within a year of playing Premier League football. (By all means mock that claim, but if you are going to then prepare yourself to have this bumped when he's shining in the Premier League and pulling on an England shirt, kids top drawer). 

What you did was price Liverpool out of a move here. 

Coutinho went for £105 million.... but about 10% of that would have gone to agents, then Countinho would have got a few million in outstanding loyalty bonuses, the accountants would have deducted the £8.5m that Liverpool originally signed him for.... and a 'profit neutral' Coutinho replacement would probably needed to have been purchased for somewhere around £75m. That's roughly the amount that Liverpool would have had to replace Coutinho, at a maximum.  

That's why £95m is unrealistic. 

Man City paid £55m for De Bruyne and £44m for Sterling. Although football 'inflation' has increased substantially in the two years since, I don't think it has increased enough to value Mahrez at £95m when there is uncertainty about how he'd perform when he's not a big fish in a relatively small pond.... £65m to £75m probably his market value, accounting for the January premium.