Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The whole world smiles

Riyad Mahrez - The great Artist

3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

His attitude is what will stop him becoming a world class player. Got the talent in abundance just not the brains

think the opposite of this tbf, he's in it for himself with a lot of his decisions and as long as nobody stands in his way his attitude will get him to the very top. it's just that our owners have stood in his way this time. 

even going back to the stories of his youth etc when he went to scotland on trial and ran away in the middle of the night because he thought it would be better for his career. he wants to continually better himself and he seemingly isn't too bothered who he steps on to get there. if he'd pushed through this transfer it would've been another step to get himself higher up in the game. 

Just now, ScouseFox said:

think the opposite of this tbf, he's in it for himself with a lot of his decisions and as long as nobody stands in his way his attitude will get him to the very top. it's just that our owners have stood in his way this time. 

even going back to the stories of his youth etc when he went to scotland on trial and ran away in the middle of the night because he thought it would be better for his career. he wants to continually better himself and he seemingly isn't too bothered who he steps on to get there. if he'd pushed through this transfer it would've been another step to get himself higher up in the game. 

Not if the owners decided to keep him here for his full contract. His attitude will have backfired in that case

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ScouseFox said:

You could also argue that his attitude made him put in a poor shift last season and has thus put off the top teams from believing in him enough to fully go for him

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Not if the owners decided to keep him here for his full contract. His attitude will have backfired in that case

His attitude has cost him dearly. Downing tools is a cardinal sin, especially when you are on 100k a week!

The stunt this week has put paid to his longer-term dreams i'm afraid. Stroopy behaviour, bad attitude and a lack of respect are not going to make people break the bank.

Edited by Colourmy

22 hours ago, YorkshireYellow said:

Its an unrealistic price for a team like Leicester to be asking for a player, £95m is crazy money. 

That's the type of money that you would expect a player to leave a top 4 side for, to go to Barcelona or Real Madrid, or PSG. 

Man City paid £55m for De Bruyne and £44m for Sterling. 

You should have just sold him for £60m and bought yourself James Maddison from us for the £20m that we'll probably get.... he'd be worth £50m within a year of playing Premier League football. (By all means mock that claim, but if you are going to then prepare yourself to have this bumped when he's shining in the Premier League and pulling on an England shirt, kids top drawer). 

the irony in this post.

We are unrealistic for asking for market value of a former PFA player of the year but your non existent, owned by a cake baker farmers club are justified in asking for market value for your most prized asset.

Behave yourself. By your logic, if we came for Maddison, you should simply be appreciative that a far bigger club knocked on your door. £5 million and no more.

The level of stupidity of other teams  fans amazes me at times.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

well yeah, that's what i said. someone's got in the way of his path this time. we aren't going to keep him for his full contract though, because our owners are business men and that would be completely retarded. 

8 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

You could also argue that his attitude made him put in a poor shift last season and has thus put off the top teams from believing in him enough to fully go for him

he didn't have a bad attitude last season? in fact until about 4 days ago he had a "superb attitude" and was being congratulated with how he was playing despite wanting to leave...

5 minutes ago, Colourmy said:

His attitude has cost him dearly. Downing tools is a cardinal sin, especially when you are on 100k a week!

The stunt this week has put paid to his longer-term dreams i'm afraid. Stroopy behaviour, bad attitude and a lack of respect are not going to make people break the bank.

yeah it's not like even in this actual transfer window the two biggest deals were players who'd tried to leave previously, missed games and shown a lack of respect and still got to move. if man city (or anyone else) wants to buy him, they'll still want to buy him, they'll probably be even more excited by the prospect of buying him cos he'll be cheaper. 

well yeah, that's what i said. someone's got in the way of his path this time. we aren't going to keep him for his full contract though, because our owners are business men and that would be completely retarded. 

he didn't have a bad attitude last season? in fact until about 4 days ago he had a "superb attitude" and was being congratulated with how he was playing despite wanting to leave...

yeah it's not like even in this actual transfer window the two biggest deals were players who'd tried to leave previously, missed games and shown a lack of respect and still got to move. if man city (or anyone else) wants to buy him, they'll still want to buy him, they'll probably be even more excited by the prospect of buying him cos he'll be cheaper. 

Its arguable that he didnt have a bad attitude last season. But he didnt play as well as the season before or as this season

So his presumption that he should get a big club move on the back of inconsistent performance betrays a not so perfect attitude

People on here werent congratulating him for his attitude last season

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

Yeah I don’t think we’ll do that to him but the sadistic side of me would find it satisfying 

Nobody really wanted him even at his peak, they will want him less now. Mahrez is as good as the opposition allow him to be. Do your job on him and he is devoid of ideas. Top 6 clubs are well drilled and allow him next to nothing.

8 minutes ago, Colourmy said:

Nobody really wanted him even at his peak, they will want him less now. Mahrez is as good as the opposition allow him to be. Do your job on him and he is devoid of ideas. Top 6 clubs are well drilled and allow him next to nothing.

man city wanted him literally 3 days ago lol 

1 hour ago, Colourmy said:

Of course he can't do much when he's the only one who create something and if he's that shit then why do you rate him at 80+? I swear this forum is completely schizophrenic .

Man City they'll come back to get him on the cheap in the summer after having unsettled him now. The more I think about it the more it is obvious that it never really was their intention for this window. Just stir up enough crap to make him throw his toys and impossible to handle so they can buy him this summer for a more affordable price. They knew that if they come for him we'd hammer them with a huge price tag. Pep rate him and everybody says that he's back to his best. He's one of the best players of the league and you have to be nuts to not see that he'd walk in any team of the PL. If he shows the same consistency that is. 

3 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Of course he can't do much when he's the only one who create something and if he's that shit then why do you rate him at 80+? I swear this forum is completely schizophrenic .

Man City they'll come back to get him on the cheap in the summer after having unsettled him now. The more I think about it the more it is obvious that it never really was their intention for this window. Just stir up enough crap to make him throw his toys and impossible to handle so they can buy him this summer for a more affordable price. They knew that if they come for him we'd hammer them with a huge price tag. Pep rate him and everybody says that he's back to his best. He's one of the best players of the league and you have to be nuts to not see that he'd walk in any team of the PL. If he shows the same consistency that is. 

Whilst I am getting on a bit, I'm pretty sure I've never valued any footballer at 80 million pounds!

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but we should've just taken the money + Patrick Roberts (the reported player in the deal) and ran. From a fans perspective, if I had the chance at this current moment just for a swap deal with Roberts right now with no cash I would. Mahrez doesn't deserve to be associated with the club anymore. Total d*ckhead. Lost all my respect for him.

Look, I understand there are fourteen threads to choose from, but I've decided to post in this one.

Our resident cartoonist on a heart-warming tale of one man’s struggle to fulfil his dream of being a short-term injury replacement

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2018/feb/06/david-squires-on-riyad-mahrez-and-his-leicester-city-impasse

1235.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 03/02/2018 at 11:26, Colourmy said:

That 'job' involves the simple expedient of putting at least one extra man, often two extra men, on him. Doing that against Leicester (until recently) didn't cause the obvious problem of freeing up other creative players, because we didn't have any. The idea that it would work (in the wider sense of controlling the game overall) against a team like Man City is laughable - no-one would do it. He'd be back to one on one, and we know what he can do then.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

A good choice of thread to resurrect. A great job of unsettling him was done by Man City, it managed (imo) to fcuk up our European challenge at the time we were nailed on for 7th. I hope RM acts for MC in the way that he's acted for us during that time...whilst probably keeping fit by cycling up and down his pile of money when he can't get playing time. Enjoy the bench sweet price.

It has been a pleasure to have watched ryhad.  

It is a shame how he (or his advisors) have gone about agitating all the while he was under contract send being paid a ransom.

I can accept that he wanted to move.. . But there are ways and means.

I personally doubt he will be a man city great. .. but i wish him well.

He has been a distraction. ... we need to move on.

We treated him better that his behavior deserved

Edited by foxinsocks

I've been saying for weeks now to my mates "I just want him gone now" and "I'll be glad when he's gone" and as soon as it was confirmed last night I didn't feel happy or glad that he'd left, I felt sad.

One of the heroes of the last few years, one player who genuinely has had me out of my seat on numerous occasions. The last 2 seasons he's been a frustration at times but now he has gone there is a big sense of sadness that one of the greatest players to ever wear our shirt has moved on.

I'll never forget his heroics here and in my eyes he will always be a legend and will always be applauded whenever he returns. Thank you Riyad.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

I've been saying for weeks now to my mates "I just want him gone now" and "I'll be glad when he's gone" and as soon as it was confirmed last night I didn't feel happy or glad that he'd left, I felt sad.

One of the heroes of the last few years, one player who genuinely has had me out of my seat on numerous occasions. The last 2 seasons he's been a frustration at times but now he has gone there is a big sense of sadness that one of the greatest players to ever wear our shirt has moved on.

I'll never forget his heroics here and in my eyes he will always be a legend and will always be applauded whenever he returns. Thank you Riyad.

My thoughts exactly. :appl: