Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Politics Thread (encompassing Brexit) - 21 June 2017 onwards

1 hour ago, Innovindil said:

They want to leave the single market but have all the benefits of it despite being told there's no chance of it. lol

And people call brexiters delusional. :nigel:

Corbyn is proposing an amendment to the queen's speech calling for the government to seek the exact same benefits as being in the single market. Far from being delusional, he is using the exact same words that david davis has used in order to once again back the government into a corner. They can't let him win the vote but if they don't it raises questions about what davis has previously said and the tory line.

Guest MattP
44 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

Also Baroness Mone just to bring some class to the proceedings and Yvette Cooper as there always has to be a dog in a girl band.

I'd want to see Priti Patel playing something as well, tulips on my organ maybe?

Let's chuck in Baroness Warsi for the pleasure of @Alf Bentley - any more?

Heidi Allen is a bit of alright as well for a Tory. 

11 minutes ago, MattP said:

I'd want to see Priti Patel playing something as well, tulips on my organ maybe?

Heidi Allen i can agree with you on. There are times that a girl with no morals can be a good thing. 

1 hour ago, MattP said:

Caroline Flint still looks good, imagine a 3 way with her and Liz Kendall. 

Bloody hell.

1 hour ago, MattP said:

Liz Kendall on This Week tonight, the day just gets better.

We just need Esther McVey on QT and it's a full set.

23 minutes ago, MattP said:

Fvcking hell, Matt - are you not getting any or something? lol

• Like 1

Guest MattP
37 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

22 minutes ago, Buce said:

Fvcking hell, Matt - are you not getting any or something? lol

Weirdly yes, but there is something so attractive about a sexy female politician, it's almost naughty - that said I still think Mrs Thatcher has sex appeal in her own strange way. Even Emily Thornberry has that "outside weatherspoons" look that sometimes is a turn on.

I'm going to stop now before I start making a case for Scottish Ruth or Amber.......

Guest MattP
2 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

No mention for Gloria De Piero?

Good shout. Rachel Reeves as well in a weird way.

4 minutes ago, MattP said:

lol Too soon but fair play

Weirdly yes, but there is something so attractive about a sexy female politician, it's almost naughty - that said I still think Mrs Thatcher has sex appeal in her own strange way. Even Emily Thornberry has that "outside weatherspoons" look that sometimes is a turn on.

I'm going to stop now before I start making a case for Scottish Ruth or Amber.......

sick.png.c2d517ae9e1cd402669bd88d0853c28b.png

• Like 3

Guest MattP
2 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

And that's coming from Bill, Matt.

Nothing wrong with Americans called Bill - one of them was nearly the first gentleman of the USA.

24 minutes ago, MattP said:

200w.gif

• Like 2

wow, cheering the decision to to continue with public sector pay cap. 

real classy. 

not quite sure I can respect anyone who would vote for people that think like that - in fact I definitely can't.

it's ****ing disgusting. 

Edited by daz*dsb

1 hour ago, MattP said:

Weirdly yes, but there is something so attractive about a sexy female politician, it's almost naughty - that said I still think Mrs Thatcher has sex appeal in her own strange way. 

Image result for puke gif

Gross. Have a word with yourself. 

• Like 1

Guest MattP

Anybody watching the votes now?

Tories getting these votes through with majorities of 26.

Labour now withdrawing amendments. 

Guest MattP

A majority of 221 to not support staying in the single market. Couldn't even raise a third of Labour against it.

Hard Brexit dead still @toddybad ?

Guest MattP

Rumours Kate Hoey voted for the Queen's speech, don't believe it myself. 

Effectively we have a Tory majority of 13 for this parliament. 

Guest MattP
3 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Get in. Go on Corbyn. Man of principle - I always said it.

Not really sure what Chuka Umunna thought he was going to achieve. The manifesto said they were leaving the single market. All this has done is cause division in Labour at a time when they were actually gaining momentum.

Umunna's such a weasel. You can tell it's all about him. It must be killing him that he pulled out of the Labour leadership race as he knew Labour had no chance in the next General Election. Figured he'd get his shot after - and now it's backfired for him. So he just s**t stirs.

The best bit about Corbyn being leader is knowing how much it must be pissing off people like him and Cooper.

Thing is: Umunna's on record last September saying we should pull out of the single market if it meant the end to free movement. 

• Like 2