Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Politics Thread (encompassing Brexit) - 21 June 2017 onwards

2 hours ago, Webbo said:

But I'm never personal. for all my exasperating debating style, I don't call people stupid, evil or liars.People do that to me and when I disagree with them I'm accused of trolling.

You once told me on here that it was no wonder that nobody liked me lol You plus one anyone having a go at me about anything no matter what the topic! 

You most definitely are personal at times.

People do change my mind about stuff on here. And I learn things too.

But the only things you learn seem to be the things that strengthen your views and values - you'll argue black is white over anything else. I've watched Alf write essays that comment on your points and you reply with one line catch phrases - it's no wonder frustration has crept in.

• Like 1

Personally I like webbos posts. They're short. I don't have time to read long winded posts what with my dynamic online marketing job and having proper ****ing lunches with similarly dynamic individuals. 

• Like 1

Guest MattP
1 hour ago, Captain... said:

Maybe we need a speaker for this thread to keep order.

death-eyes.jpg

It's bad enough having to watch him once a week on a Wednesday lunchtime without also having to also see a picture of this subservient sanctimonious dwarf cuckold on here in the afternoon as well.

Never again please. This should be a Bercow free zone.

22 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

At first glimpse, I honestly misread "Boniface" as "Boatface".....Boaty McBoatface Rees-Mogg has a certain ring to it.

Very Roman and very Catholic those names! :D

Plenty more to come as well, he wants twelve, enough for a cricket team and a scorer, it's time for our first Roman Catholic Prime Minister and the Mogg is the man to be it.

Wait until you see Moggmentum hit these shores.

7 minutes ago, MattP said:

Plenty more to come as well, he wants twelve, enough for a cricket team and a scorer, it's time for our first Roman Catholic Prime Minister and the Mogg is the man to be it.

I'm getting my money on for the birth of Pius Nero Ethelwulf Benedict Guido Rees-Mogg as the next Moggsprog.

22 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I've watched Alf write essays that comment on your points and you reply with one line catch phrases - it's no wonder frustration has crept in.

More fool me for writing such essays, to be fair!  :D

44 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

So long as you don't prevent Webbo from having a gay marriage.

Oh, great - now you've made me spit coffee all down myself. :crylaugh:

27 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

You once told me on here that it was no wonder that nobody liked me lol You plus one anyone having a go at me about anything no matter what the topic! 

But the only things you learn seem to be the things that strengthen your views and values - you'll argue black is white over anything else. I've watched Alf write essays that comment on your points and you reply with one line catch phrases - it's no wonder frustration has crept in.

I think nobody is a bit strong..  :D

15 minutes ago, MattP said:

It's bad enough having to watch him once a week on a Wednesday lunchtime without also having to also see a picture of this subservient sanctimonious dwarf cuckold on here in the afternoon as well.

It's not like you to sit on the fence, Matt.

Guest MattP
10 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

I'm getting my money on for the birth of Pius Nero Ethelwulf Benedict Guido Rees-Mogg as the next Moggsprog.

Surely Guido would have to be a no-no? Obviously he values the church but I'd hope the constitution comes first. 

Guest MattP
1 minute ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Blair were a papist weren't he?

Not while he was in office, only joined the Catholic Church a few months after he stood down as PM.

No idea why, wasn't like he needed God's forgiveness for anything was it?:|:whistle:

Just now, MattP said:

Not while he was in office, only joined the Catholic Church a few months after he stood down as PM.

No idea why, wasn't like he needed God's forgiveness for anything was it?:|:whistle:

Blair would have put boots on the ground in Narnia if he had been able to mock up a document proving the Snow Queen was real.

Having said that - I think he wanted to go in to stop atrocities - I don't think it was about economic gain or siding with the US for him. There are other instances of him wanting to put boots on the ground to stop atrocities and acts of genocide. He genuinely saw it as evil that we had a responsibility to address. His mistake was building a case for his actions beyond ethics and values and making it about WMD's.

The main thing that disgusts me about Iraq is the post war economics, contracts, rebuilding and asset stripping that makes the event criminal - not the act of going in itself.

40 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

That was a long time ago Nick, I thought we'd moved on. You quite often rep people who call me as well so don't act the victim.

Just now, Webbo said:

That was a long time ago Nick, I thought we'd moved on. You quite often rep people who call me as well so don't act the victim.

I rep people that call you out in politics threads sure - its because I agree with them.

I'm no victim (I've got enough friends) lol 

And yeah, we have moved on - most definitely. 

But your "I'm never personal" line simply isn't the case now is it? 

:kissing:

1 minute ago, Swan Lesta said:

I rep people that call you out in politics threads sure - its because I agree with them.

I'm no victim (I've got enough friends) lol 

And yeah, we have moved on - most definitely. 

But your "I'm never personal" line simply isn't the case now is it? 

:kissing:

Okay, I was a bit personal to you, not without provocation 5 or 6 years ago. ,It's not my usual practice. 

Just now, Webbo said:

Okay, I was a bit personal to you, not without provocation 5 or 6 years ago. ,It's not my usual practice. 

And I accept your apology - not to worry. :ph34r:

6 minutes ago, Strokes said:

This thread is getting a bit gay.

You're the one with the penis emblemed fighting cocks avatar and called strokes! 

Seriously though, I suppose that this happens every now and again - we all get a bit fed up with going round in circles and it just reminds us to try and listen to each other a bit more...

I dont think thats homosexual, just an FT cycle!

This thread demonstrates beautifully how we're all different and have our own individual styles and preferences.

It's no wonder we 'clash' a bit sometimes. 

This brief little video sums it up perfectly for me (guess which character is Alf and which is Webbo lol

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

This thread demonstrates beautifully how we're all different and have our own individual styles and preferences.

It's no wonder we 'clash' a bit sometimes. 

This brief little video sums it up perfectly for me (guess which character is Alf and which is Webbo lol

lol I think I've worked it out.

Actually that looks quite an interesting test. Is there anywhere you can take it for free?

7 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

You're the one with the penis emblemed fighting cocks avatar and called strokes! 

Seriously though, I suppose that this happens every now and again - we all get a bit fed up with going round in circles and it just reminds us to try and listen to each other a bit more...

I dont think thats homosexual, just an FT cycle!

Yeah but that's all done ironically.

What this place needs is Thracian back, we could get away with murder when he was here ruffling feathers.

• Like 1

Guest Kopfkino
12 minutes ago, Webbo said:

lol I think I've worked it out.

Actually that looks quite an interesting test. Is there anywhere you can take it for free?

https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

I've done a couple of these and I think this was the best one i found/not too long. It is actually quite an interesting thing and I'd say not far off, most results I know have been fairly accurate

Guest Kopfkino
38 minutes ago, Strokes said:

This thread is getting a bit gay.

Steady on, you'll get Roy accusing you of homophobia

Edited by KingGTF

15 minutes ago, KingGTF said:

https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

I've done a couple of these and I think this was the best one i found/not too long. It is actually quite an interesting thing and I'd say not far off, most results I know have been fairly accurate

That was excellent, not 100% correct (I don't think so anyway) but a lot more right than wrong.

I'm a mediator/diplomat  if you can believe that lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

That was excellent, not 100% correct (I don't think so anyway) but a lot more right than wrong.

I'm a mediator/diplomat  if you can believe that lol

I got entrepreneur, I don't why they didn't just tell me I'm a cùnt, everyone else does.