Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Politics Thread (encompassing Brexit) - 21 June 2017 onwards

44 minutes ago, Webbo said:

lol I think I've worked it out.

Actually that looks quite an interesting test. Is there anywhere you can take it for free?

29 minutes ago, KingGTF said:

https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

I've done a couple of these and I think this was the best one i found/not too long. It is actually quite an interesting thing and I'd say not far off, most results I know have been fairly accurate

That was exactly the one I was about to suggest but KingGTF beat me to it :D

It's not bad for free and gives you a general indication of your preferences.

I used to be accredited to deliver the proper MBTI test and coach people through their results years ago, but I let my licence lapse.

I love all this stuff and I've managed to blag a career out of it for the last 20 years lol

13 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I used to be accredited to deliver the proper MBTI test and coach people through their results years ago, but I let my licence lapse.

I love all this stuff and I've managed to blag a career out of it for the last 20 years lol

You spend all day telling people what you think of them and get paid for it? Do you need a young handsome apprentice (who is not gay)?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Strokes said:

You spend all day telling people what you think of them and get paid for it? Do you need a young handsome apprentice (who is not gay)?

Or an older, not so handsome junior partner that is? 

Edited by DJ Barry Hammond

53 minutes ago, KingGTF said:

I've done a couple of these and I think this was the best one i found/not too long. It is actually quite an interesting thing and I'd say not far off, most results I know have been fairly accurate

Yeah... that's pretty good by the looks of things. Can't disagree with the protagonist it came up with.

34 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Yeah... that's pretty good by the looks of things. Can't disagree with the protagonist it came up with.

I got Protagonist (ENFJ) too, though both E and F were very close to being I and T respectively (and I have got INTJ on such tests before), so...

1 hour ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I got Logician (INTP-T).

What does that mean, Izzy? What're the letters in brackets?

58 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Methinks.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Have you just elected yourself speaker of the thread?

I did just get mediator on that personality test, but I don't think I could stay neutral or that people would listen to me.

2 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

This thread demonstrates beautifully how we're all different and have our own individual styles and preferences.

It's no wonder we 'clash' a bit sometimes. 

This brief little video sums it up perfectly for me (guess which character is Alf and which is Webbo lol

2 hours ago, KingGTF said:

Just call me Jill.....the Executive. lol

Extroverted, observant, thinking, judging & assertive.

NOT introverted, intuitive, feeling, prospecting & turbulent.

So, I'm an unfeeling, over-rational, rather macho female executive....sounds about right!

Not sure how observant I am, and can certainly be turbulent, but the rest seems quite accurate. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Buce said:

I got Logician (INTP-T).

What does that mean, Izzy? What're the letters in brackets?

The letter in brackets are:

• I – Introversion preferred to extraversion: INTPs tend to be quiet and reserved. They generally prefer interacting with a few close friends rather than a wide circle of acquaintances, and they expend energy in social situations (whereas extraverts gain energy).
  • N – Intuition preferred to sensing: INTPs tend to be more abstract than concrete. They focus their attention on the big picture rather than the details, and on future possibilities rather than immediate realities.
  • T – Thinking preferred to feeling: INTPs tend to value objective criteria above personal preference. When making decisions, they generally give more weight to logic than to social considerations.
  • P – Perception preferred to judgement: INTPs tend to withhold judgment and delay important decisions, preferring to "keep their options open" should circumstances change

The Logician personality type is fairly rare, making up only three percent of the population, which is definitely a good thing for them, as there’s nothing they’d be more unhappy about than being “common”. Logicians pride themselves on their inventiveness and creativity, their unique perspective and vigorous intellect. Usually known as the philosopher, the architect, or the dreamy professor, Logicians have been responsible for many scientific discoveries throughout history

They love patterns, and spotting discrepancies between statements could almost be described as a hobby, making it a bad idea to lie to a Logician. This makes it ironic that Logicians’ word should always be taken with a grain of salt – it’s not that they are dishonest, but people with the Logician personality type tend to share thoughts that are not fully developed, using others as a sounding board for ideas and theories in a debate against themselves rather than as actual conversation partners.

This may make them appear unreliable, but in reality no one is more enthusiastic and capable of spotting a problem, drilling through the endless factors and details that encompass the issue and developing a unique and viable solution than Logicians – just don’t expect punctual progress reports. People who share the Logician personality type aren’t interested in practical, day-to-day activities and maintenance, but when they find an environment where their creative genius and potential can be expressed, there is no limit to the time and energy Logicians will expend in developing an insightful and unbiased solution.

Famous logicians include Bill Gates, Albert Einstein and Isaac Newton

Basically Buce, you're a fvckin genius mate :thumbup:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Just call me Jill.....the Executivelol

Extroverted, observant, thinking, judging & assertive.

NOT introverted, intuitive, feeling, prospecting & turbulent.

So, I'm an unfeeling, over-rational, rather macho female executive....sounds about right!

Not sure how observant I am, and can certainly be turbulent, but the rest seems quite accurate. 

lol You're the same type as me Alf  :thumbup:

Executives are representatives of tradition and order, utilizing their understanding of what is right, wrong and socially acceptable to bring families and communities together. Embracing the values of honesty, dedication and dignity, people with the Executive personality type are valued for their clear advice and guidance, and they happily lead the way on difficult paths. Taking pride in bringing people together, Executives often take on roles as community organizers, working hard to bring everyone together in celebration of cherished local events, or in defense of the traditional values that hold families and communities together.

Executives are aware of their surroundings and live in a world of clear, verifiable facts – the surety of their knowledge means that even against heavy resistance, they stick to their principles and push an unclouded vision of what is and is not acceptable. Their opinions aren’t just empty talk either, as Executives are more than willing to dive into the most challenging projects, improving action plans and sorting details along the way, making even the most complicated tasks seem easy and approachable

Executives are classic images of the model citizen: they help their neighbors, uphold the law, and try to make sure that everyone participates in the communities and organizations they hold so dear.

And we're in good company Alf. The likes of John D. Rockefeller, Frank Sinatra, Lyndon B. Johnson, Eliot Ness & Michelle Obama share our profile.

But so do Saddam Hussein and Augusto Pinochet :blink:

• Like 1

Just now, davieG said:

I got Defender about 50% was me the rest I didn't recognise at all

That's the problem with 'free' online tests Davie - unfortunately they're not as comprehensive, thorough and accurate as the ones you have to pay for! 

1 minute ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

That's the problem with 'free' online tests Davie - unfortunately they're not as comprehensive, thorough and accurate as the ones you have to pay for! 

Oh sure and I found some of the questions difficult to quantify / nail down. Some of them I could have easily answered the opposite depending on the situation / context. 

28 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I'll hold hands with you buce but no more.

Of course.

What kind of a man do you think I am?

22 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

• I – Introversion preferred to extraversion: INTPs tend to be quiet and reserved. They generally prefer interacting with a few close friends rather than a wide circle of acquaintances, and they expend energy in social situations (whereas extraverts gain energy).
  • N – Intuition preferred to sensing: INTPs tend to be more abstract than concrete. They focus their attention on the big picture rather than the details, and on future possibilities rather than immediate realities.
  • T – Thinking preferred to feeling: INTPs tend to value objective criteria above personal preference. When making decisions, they generally give more weight to logic than to social considerations.
  • P – Perception preferred to judgement: INTPs tend to withhold judgment and delay important decisions, preferring to "keep their options open" should circumstances change

The Logician personality type is fairly rare, making up only three percent of the population, which is definitely a good thing for them, as there’s nothing they’d be more unhappy about than being “common”. Logicians pride themselves on their inventiveness and creativity, their unique perspective and vigorous intellect. Usually known as the philosopher, the architect, or the dreamy professor, Logicians have been responsible for many scientific discoveries throughout history

They love patterns, and spotting discrepancies between statements could almost be described as a hobby, making it a bad idea to lie to a Logician. This makes it ironic that Logicians’ word should always be taken with a grain of salt – it’s not that they are dishonest, but people with the Logician personality type tend to share thoughts that are not fully developed, using others as a sounding board for ideas and theories in a debate against themselves rather than as actual conversation partners.

This may make them appear unreliable, but in reality no one is more enthusiastic and capable of spotting a problem, drilling through the endless factors and details that encompass the issue and developing a unique and viable solution than Logicians – just don’t expect punctual progress reports. People who share the Logician personality type aren’t interested in practical, day-to-day activities and maintenance, but when they find an environment where their creative genius and potential can be expressed, there is no limit to the time and energy Logicians will expend in developing an insightful and unbiased solution.

That is spookily accurate.

What does the '-T' (after the four letters) denote?

9 minutes ago, Buce said:

Of course.

What kind of a man do you think I am?

That is spookily accurate.

What does the '-T' (after the four letters) denote?

It's an extra aspect about our Identity that underpins all others, showing how confident we are in our abilities and decisions. In a way, it acts as an internal sensor, reacting to the input we get from the environment – for instance, success or failure, feedback from other people, pressure caused by unexpected events and so on. 

Assertive (-A) individuals are self-assured, even-tempered and resistant to stress. They refuse to worry too much and do not push themselves too hard when it comes to achieving goals. Similarly, they are unlikely to spend much time thinking about their past actions or choices – according to Assertive types, what’s done is done and there is little point in analyzing it. Not surprisingly, people with this trait report more satisfaction with their lives and they also feel more confident in their abilities to handle challenging and unexpected situations.

In contrast, individuals with Turbulent (-T) identity are self-conscious and sensitive to stress. They experience a wide range of emotions and tend to be success-driven, perfectionistic and eager to improve. They are also more willing to change jobs if they feel stuck in their current one and to spend time thinking about the direction in which their life is going.

However, while the Assertive variant may seem more positive on the surface, that is not always the case – for instance, Turbulent individuals perform better in certain roles as they push themselves to achieve superior results, while Assertive ones do not care about the outcome that much. Always feeling the need to do more, to have more, and to be more, Turbulent types often forget how exhausting that can be to both themselves and the people around them – but it is entirely possible that this desire to always push themselves just a little further helps many Turbulent types to achieve what they seek to achieve.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, davieG said:

Oh sure and I found some of the questions difficult to quantify / nail down. Some of them I could have easily answered the opposite depending on the situation / context. 

Absolutely.

One of the reasons I came out of this field a while ago is because people started to 'label' themselves and businesses put people in pigeon holes based on their profiles which I thought was wrong.

Our answers can also vary depending on our emotional state and our mood at the time of taking the test. Maybe if you take the test again and answer based on how you most often respond, you may get a more accurate result.

These type of tests will never be 100% but if we answer how we'd usually or normally react/respond in each situation (there'll always be exceptions) then we should get a profile pretty close to our natural style and preferences. 

Guest Kopfkino

ENTP-A was what I used to get most but I can't remember what it means. Occasionally flirted with ENTJ-A or, during mentally difficult times, INTP.

50 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

8 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

It's an extra aspect about our Identity that underpins all others, showing how confident we are in our abilities and decisions. In a way, it acts as an internal sensor, reacting to the input we get from the environment – for instance, success or failure, feedback from other people, pressure caused by unexpected events and so on. 

Assertive (-A) individuals are self-assured, even-tempered and resistant to stress. They refuse to worry too much and do not push themselves too hard when it comes to achieving goals. Similarly, they are unlikely to spend much time thinking about their past actions or choices – according to Assertive types, what’s done is done and there is little point in analyzing it. Not surprisingly, people with this trait report more satisfaction with their lives and they also feel more confident in their abilities to handle challenging and unexpected situations.

In contrast, individuals with Turbulent (-T) identity are self-conscious and sensitive to stress. They experience a wide range of emotions and tend to be success-driven, perfectionistic and eager to improve. They are also more willing to change jobs if they feel stuck in their current one and to spend time thinking about the direction in which their life is going.

However, while the Assertive variant may seem more positive on the surface, that is not always the case – for instance, Turbulent individuals perform better in certain roles as they push themselves to achieve superior results, while Assertive ones do not care about the outcome that much. Always feeling the need to do more, to have more, and to be more, Turbulent types often forget how exhausting that can be to both themselves and the people around them – but it is entirely possible that this desire to always push themselves just a little further helps many Turbulent types to achieve what they seek to achieve.

Thanks, Izzy.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

I feel a mystic muzzi thread coming on! 

lol I love this shit. But I'm in danger of derailing the thread - it's not really politics is it!!

4 minutes ago, KingGTF said:

ENTP-A was what I used to get most but I can't remember what it means. Occasionally flirted with ENTJ-A or, during mentally difficult times, INTP.

Extroversion

INtuition

Thinking

Perception

It's interesting that during those mentally difficult times you've gone from an Extroversion to Introversion preference. I know when I've struggled with depression that my natural extroversion has been suppressed as I've gone into my shell and stopped interacting with the outside world as much...

7 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

lol I love this shit. But I'm in danger of derailing the thread - it's not really politics is it!!

I think we could all do with a break from it occasionally.

We can get back to hating each other another time.. lol

Edited by Buce