Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Politics Thread (encompassing Brexit) - 21 June 2017 onwards

Guest MattP
3 minutes ago, toddybad said:

You realise all these LBC videos are planned so they can share on social media? 

Both sides as well, just listen to some of the dipshit remain voters that ring up Farage and get destroyed.

It works as well, huge listening ratings now.

1 minute ago, MattP said:

Both sides as well, just listen to some of the dipshit remain voters that ring up Farage and get destroyed.

Yet, unlike Toddy, you're unable to actually find one and post it. :D

Brexit: It's like dumping dead fish in a river from a pretend fishing boat.

1 minute ago, MattP said:

But ultimately farage argues based on hopes.

O'Brien argues based on facts and figures.

It's much the same as the arguments we have here.

Guest MattP
3 minutes ago, Fox Ulike said:

Yet, unlike Toddy, you're unable to actually find one and post it. :D

Brexit: It's like dumping dead fish in a river from a pretend fishing boat.

Tons of them, just Google Farage LBC Remain voter.

Here's one of someone ringing up to apologise for voting to stay in the EU lol

It's a laughable radio station aimed at idiots and shouldn't be taken remotely seriously. 

I can't believe how gullible some people are.

14 minutes ago, MattP said:

It's a laughable radio station aimed at idiots and shouldn't be taken remotely seriously. 

I think you're beyond hoping now and are willingly deluding yourself that what's in your head is Right, and everything in the outside world that conflicts with your delusions is False.

I mean, that video is clearly not what you said it was; or more worryingly, it's not what you think it is... It is just somebody ringing up and agreeing with Farage.  Not as you think, "remain voters that ring up Farage and get destroyed".

Brexit in a nutshell.

Guest MattP
Just now, Fox Ulike said:

I think you're beyond hoping now and are willingly deluding yourself that what's in your head is Right, and everything in the outside world that conflicts with your delusions is False.

I mean, that video is clearly not what you said it was; or more worryingly, it's not what you think it is... It is just somebody ringing up and agreeing with Farage.  Not as you think, "remain voters that ring up Farage and get destroyed".

Brexit in a nutshell.

Not at all, there are many good arguments for staying in the EU, there are many good ones for leaving, we heard these arguments and Brexit won the day, on another day it might have been different. I didn't check the video - I just pointed out there were tons of these from all sides from that station.

Anyone who takes LBC and it's shows seriously isn't really interested in debate though, it's echo chamber satisfaction.

It's the political version of Talksport.

2 minutes ago, MattP said:

Not at all, there are many good arguments for staying in the EU, there are many good ones for leaving, we heard these arguments and Brexit won the day, on another day it might have been different. I didn't check the video - I just pointed out there were tons of these from all sides from that station.

Anyone who takes LBC and it's shows seriously isn't really interested in debate though, it's echo chamber satisfaction.

It's the political version of Talksport.

You think 'there are tons' of these videos. But it doesn't concern you one bit that you can't find one to support the case that you came on here and chose to make.

Is delusional too strong a word?

33 minutes ago, MattP said:

Me neither.

Some people even believed the NHS was going to get another £350 million a week after Brexit. Imagine that.

Guest MattP
5 minutes ago, Fox Ulike said:

You think 'there are tons' of these videos. But it doesn't concern you one bit that you can't find one to support the case that you came on here and chose to make.

Is delusional too strong a word?

There are tons of them, just have a search on Youtube like I said.

1 minute ago, Buce said:

Me neither.

Some people even believed the NHS was going to get another £350 million a week after Brexit. Imagine that.

If you think that's bad some fell for the argument there would be 300,000 jobs lost, refugee camps in Kent and a year long recession with a 3-6% loss in growth in the immediate aftermath of the leave vote.

4 minutes ago, Buce said:

Me neither.

Some people believed we wouldn’t have an economy after the vote...

...imagine that!! 

Just now, MattP said:

There are tons of them, just have a search on Youtube like I said.

If you think that's bad some fell for the argument there would be 300,000 jobs lost, refugee camps in Kent and a year long recession with a 3-6% loss in growth in the immediate aftermath of the leave vote.

:D

I hate to say "lol". But that literally did make me laugh (out loud). "There are tons of them. Toooons. I just... can't... find.... any.!"

OK. Here we are. I searched for "Farage destroys Remain voters" as you requested.

See the source image

Guest MattP
10 minutes ago, Fox Ulike said:

Me neither.

See the source image

At least they got the currency nearly right.

treasury.png

Edited by MattP

6 minutes ago, MattP said:

At least they got the currency nearly right.

treasury.png

"The immediate impact of Brexit".

It says "Brexit". Not the "referendum".

It's like taking ice-cream from a toddler. You're posting these things yourself!

Come on Matt, I know you can do better than this! You're the Frank Sinclair of the Brexit debate this morning. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Fox Ulike said:

Only once. Let us know when it happens.

lol how many things in Matt's chart of predictions came true?

I'll reply for you to save you time

Something, something bus. Something ,something £350 billion, NHS.  lol

Guest MattP
10 minutes ago, Fox Ulike said:

It's like taking ice-cream from a toddler. You're posting these things yourself!

Come on Matt, I know you can do better than this! You're the Frank Sinclair of the Brexit debate this morning. :D

You are hard work sometimes - It's the immediate aftermath of the vote, the clue is right there staring you in the face at the bottom with the "fiscal borrowing prediction for 2017-18" - which would be before the Article 50 process is complete even if we had triggered it on the day of the result.

As you aren't too good at using google here's the article from it's production - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36355564

Publishing Treasury analysis, he said a Leave vote would cause an "immediate and profound" economic shock, with growth between 3% and 6% lower.

Why has the word "immediate" become so hard to understand, given how educated Remain voters are you would think they would know it.

Edited by MattP

8 minutes ago, MattP said:

You are hard work sometimes - It's the immediate aftermath of the vote, the clue is right there staring you in the face at the bottom with the "fiscal borrowing prediction for 2017-18" - which would be before the Article 50 process is complete even if we had triggered it on the day of the result.

As you aren't too good at using google here's the article from it's production - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36355564

A bigger clue is the title of the graph that you posted. We're ignoring that one are we? Just focusing on the bit at the very bottom, which is clearly more relevant. :D

"Leaving the European Union would tip the UK into a year-long recession, with up to 820,000 jobs lost within two years, Chancellor George Osborne says."

Look. It's hard not to be flippant when you so blatantly cherry-pick such a minimal amount of evidence to suit your case. But my understanding is that these assessments of "shock" where made on the basis of Article 50 being triggered immediately. That didn't happen. The predictions also did not consider the impact of the transition period.

Anyway, I don't know why you continually refer to the pre-vote reports as the benchmark for Brexit. They're irrelevant now.

All anybody wants to know is how Brexit is going to be better than what we currently have. Not how it's going to be better than the disaster than the Treasury predicted pre-vote.

Guest MattP
2 minutes ago, Fox Ulike said:

A bigger clue is the title of the graph that you posted. We're ignoring that one are we? Just focusing on the bit at the very bottom, which is clearly more relevant. :D

"Leaving the European Union would tip the UK into a year-long recession, with up to 820,000 jobs lost within two years, Chancellor George Osborne says."

Look. It's hard not to be flippant when you so blatantly cherry-pick such a minimal amount of evidence to suit your case. But my understanding is that these assessments of "shock" where made on the basis of Article 50 being triggered immediately. That didn't happen. The predictions also did not consider the impact of the transition period.

Anyway, I don't know why you continually refer to the pre-vote reports as the benchmark for Brexit. They're irrelevant now.

All anybody wants to know is how Brexit is going to be better than what we currently have. Not how it's going to be better than the disaster than the Treasury predicted pre-vote.

That argument is becoming laughable, the treasury is part of  the government, they were in charge of implementing the decision so if they based figures on an Article 50 being invoked on the day of the result then they were lying. But again, even if they did invoke it on THAT day of the result, it still means we are inside the EU when those projections are made for the borrowing of 17-18 as the earliest we leave would have been June 24th 2018 - so even if you claim it's based on that theory it still doesn't make any sense at all.

1 hour ago, Fox Ulike said:

Why does it include 2017-2018 borrowing?