Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Politics Thread (encompassing Brexit) - 21 June 2017 onwards

13 minutes ago, Rogstanley said:

After we've brexited will you start campaigning for an independent East Midlands for the same reasons? After that an independent Leicester? An independent Glen Parva? What is the basis for one arbritary geographical region being "better off alone" and not another?

I draw the lines at the UK :cheers:

I think that sacking Owen Smith maybe the biggest mistake Jeremy Corbyn has made so far. There are a lot of us Labour voters who are anti-brexit but pro-Corbyn and it's a bit of a tug of war as to which is the more important cause, but I honestly think this will alienate a lot of people.

I indeed am alienated.

Edited by Lionator

3 hours ago, Foxin_mad said:

This is very true. I can not fathom why anybody would vote for Corbyn on the basis of economic stability and credibility. 

Having a Corbyn Labour run government absolutely will make everyone worse off in this nation. 

We might all be equal but we would be equally poor.

Easy words,easy rhetoric,where are the whys??

Looking from the outside in,I have no confidence neither in the people in the  cabinet,nor the opposition.

I haven't read or Watched one Programm or debate,where any govt.leader,or the govts.opposition,who

at anytime has shown they understood the electorate reasons for wanting to See Change,or even could

Install some confidence.When we needed togetherness,every single Player,have Carried on with

their own selfish Agenda,instead of service their Country with purpose.The Fragmentation,across and

within is for me appalling and apathetic.

Where is TM, or the tories going to improve ,and up the good Feel factor,of the avg Guy on the street.??

I See a govt,who over Brexit had a great Opportunity to Bring its Peoples on their side and moreover

together. across the Political divides,Not to feed a Growing Blame society, 

and even further weakening of All our Important relevant home Services.

Then Beat our own Chest, while weakening on all Fronts our Military and Policing platforms,another notch.

If there is anything positive ITS being well Hidden,behind a cloak of non and misinformation.

Name calling along our corridors of Power,are worse than any immature utterings Heard in

a schoolyard. 

In 2 years, the UK wont have eu-politicans to Blame,

you will find Out that the failures,were and are nearer home.

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

Seems a bit heavy handed. 

24 minutes ago, Lionator said:

I think that sacking Owen Smith maybe the biggest mistake Jeremy Corbyn has made so far. There are a lot of us Labour voters who are anti-brexit but pro-Corbyn and it's a bit of a tug of war as to which is the more important cause, but I honestly think this will alienate a lot of people.

I indeed am alienated.

I'm not alienated but there will come a point where the Corbyn line doesn't stick with mps or members. If the Tories can get a decent deal it won't be an issue but if the whole thing gets messy and the party allegiances start breaking down - not impossible given the significance of the issue if we look to be heading out without a deal - then it could be. 

9 minutes ago, toddybad said:

Seems a bit heavy handed. 

I'm not alienated but there will come a point where the Corbyn line doesn't stick with mps or members. If the Tories can get a decent deal it won't be an issue but if the whole thing gets messy and the party allegiances start breaking down - not impossible given the significance of the issue if we look to be heading out without a deal - then it could be. 

So if I interpret that right, you’re pinning your hopes on TM and the tories? :D

9 minutes ago, Strokes said:

So if I interpret that right, you’re pinning your hopes on TM and the tories? :D

Tbh I just wrote a collection of words while watching the football, eating pizza and drinking beer. I'm not sure what I mean.

10 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

In 2 years, the UK wont have eu-politicans to Blame,

you will find Out that the failures,were and are nearer home.

Good point.

it's going to be interesting to see what happens when the government announces new fishing quotas to replace the EU quotas.

Of course all the Brexit lovers will be like "It  was never about fishing quotas". and "We  always knew there would still  be fishing quotas."

Almost 30,000 single parent families were made homeless last year, up 8% on five years ago, according to new official figures.

The statistics, published on Thursday, also show the number of households in temporary accommodation has risen by nearly two-thirds since 2010.

On 31 December last year, 78,930 households were in temporary accommodation, up 64% since the start of the decade.

The figure was also 4% higher than last year, when there were 75,740

Homelessness minister Heather Wheeler said: "These latest statistics show encouraging signs that our investment and targeted support for local authorities is having a positive impact." :blink:

#acountrythatworksforeveryone

1 hour ago, Fox Ulike said:

Good point.

it's going to be interesting to see what happens when the government announces new fishing quotas to replace the EU quotas.

Of course all the Brexit lovers will be like "It  was never about fishing quotas". and "We  always knew there would still  be fishing quotas."

Why does it have to be about one single thing? I’m sure you don’t want to remain just so you can travel visa free? Why try to make it seem so simplistic? Do you think it makes you look brighter?

4 minutes ago, Buce said:

Almost 30,000 single parent families were made homeless last year, up 8% on five years ago, according to new official figures.

The statistics, published on Thursday, also show the number of households in temporary accommodation has risen by nearly two-thirds since 2010.

On 31 December last year, 78,930 households were in temporary accommodation, up 64% since the start of the decade.

Homelessness minister Heather Wheeler said: "These latest statistics show encouraging signs that our investment and targeted support for local authorities is having a positive impact." :blink:

Encouraging signs that the tory plan to rid the country of non-etonians remains on track.

46 minutes ago, Buce said:

On the topic of this, does everyone remember that woman who left that horrid note on an ambulance saying she wouldn't give a shit if the whole street collapsed? 

She's now one of those homeless statistics. 

Just a little light in the darkness and all that. 

It's quite something that the leader of the opposition can comment in support of an anti semitic mural and it elicits nothing more than a shrug of the shoulders. Such is the regularity of the incidents.

It really shows how far the Labour Party has fallen that it doesn't elicits calls for his resignation.  That's something that should upset any sensible person.

Guest Kopfkino
9 minutes ago, breadandcheese said:

It's quite something that the leader of the opposition can comment in support of an anti semitic mural and it elicits nothing more than a shrug of the shoulders. Such is the regularity of the incidents.

It really shows how far the Labour Party has fallen that it doesn't elicits calls for his resignation.  That's something that should upset any sensible person.

Labour's new campaing slogan: For the many, not the jew

3 minutes ago, breadandcheese said:

It's quite something that the leader of the opposition can comment in support of an anti semitic mural and it elicits nothing more than a shrug of the shoulders.

It's suggested Corbyn's was a defence of freedom of speech at the time. The Labour Party today acknowledge that there were anti-semitic tropes in the work. I can see the difference, so perhaps it gets a shrug of the shoulders because it's not much of a story.

I think there's a danger of interpreting Corbyn's broadly pro-Palestinian stance as anti-semetic where perhaps anti-Israel might be more accurate. Suffice it to say that there are certainly other things that concern me more about Jeremy Corbyn.  

16 minutes ago, CarbonVirtine said:

It's suggested Corbyn's was a defence of freedom of speech at the time. The Labour Party today acknowledge that there were anti-semitic tropes in the work. I can see the difference, so perhaps it gets a shrug of the shoulders because it's not much of a story.

I think there's a danger of interpreting Corbyn's broadly pro-Palestinian stance as anti-semetic where perhaps anti-Israel might be more accurate. Suffice it to say that there are certainly other things that concern me more about Jeremy Corbyn.  

If he wants to defend freedom of speech why is he threatening the rightwing press?

14 minutes ago, CarbonVirtine said:

That doesn't wash as the whole defence is based on Corbyn choosing to defend the freedom of the artist to propagate anti-Semitic tropes, rather than fighting antisemitism. There is no way this should be excused. The fact it gets a shrug of the shoulders should cause you to at least pause for thought. 

With regards the pro Palestinian stance. The charge levelled at Corbyn is that he's prepared to turn a blind eye to anti-Semitism when it's from his own supporters. 

Could you imagine Corbyn behaving in this way for any other ethnic or religious group?

• Like 1

What Corbyn said back then and the Labour Party say today are obviously two different statements that don't necessarily square with each other.  Each have to be seen in their own context I feel. 

Corbyn clarifies with...

“I sincerely regret that I did not look more closely at the image I was commenting on, the contents of which are deeply disturbing and antisemitic,” he said. “The defence of free speech cannot be used as a justification for the promotion of antisemitism in any form. That is a view I’ve always held.”

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/mar/23/corbyn-criticised-after-backing-artist-behind-antisemitic-mural

15 minutes ago, CarbonVirtine said:

What Corbyn said back then and the Labour Party say today are obviously two different statements that don't necessarily square with each other.  Each have to be seen in their own context I feel. 

Corbyn clarifies with...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/mar/23/corbyn-criticised-after-backing-artist-behind-antisemitic-mural

It’s a bit worrying that he comments on such things without bothering to look in detail, if you believe him that is? Labour have had so many antisemitic incidents since his leadership, it’s becoming harder and harder to not think there is truth to it.

Guest MattP

I take back what I said about Jeremy Corbyn being a useful idiot, the man is an anti-semite - you wouldn't write that on Facebook if you weren't.

3 minutes ago, MattP said:

I take back what I said about Jeremy Corbyn being a useful idiot, the man is an anti-semite - you wouldn't write that on Facebook if you weren't.

He’s not my favourite man but that’s a bandwagon of bollocks.

19 minutes ago, CarbonVirtine said:

Corbyn clarifies with...

It's all too mealy-mouthed. We're not talking about an inexperienced kid eight years ago. We're talking about a 63 year old man. 

Is it really credible that he decided to comment on the destruction of "art" without looking at it?

1 minute ago, breadandcheese said:

It's all too mealy-mouthed. We're not talking about an inexperienced kid eight years ago. We're talking about a 63 year old man. 

Is it really credible that he decided to comment on the destruction of "art" without looking at it?

It'll just be dismissed as fake news. 

Guest MattP
5 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

He’s not my favourite man but that’s a bandwagon of bollocks.

There is no way in a million years you would see something like that and defend it of you werent one, sorry.

Wake up. It's hardly a surprise given how anti-Semitism has been allowed to flourish in the Labour party over the last couple of years.