Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Politics Thread (encompassing Brexit) - 21 June 2017 onwards

Just now, SMX11 said:

I think the "We will run out of food" argument has to be the biggest load a rubbish I have heard so far. Talk about desperation.

It's also an argument that is in your head. Nobody else is making it.

The government are planning on suspending customs checks so we can get food into the country without it being ruined whilst caught up in tailbacks at the border.

But the fact we will need to suspend customs checks to do this just shows how little control we're taking back.

5 minutes ago, SMX11 said:

I think the "We will run out of food" argument has to be the biggest load a rubbish I have heard so far. Talk about desperation.

There might be a temporary disruption while we change over but I can't see it lasting more than a couple of weeks.

there are thousands on containers coming from non EU countries every week and they don't seem to have any problems.

13 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

*insert standard Orwell-related remark here*

Funny thing is I think the likes of JRM and Farage are the ones that should be up for treason. Funny how the decision to hold a referendum came within a month of new EU laws being passed which would stop some of the ways of hiding wealth.

2 hours ago, MattP said:

Fake news, no one has said either of those things.

Although the idea some countries may choose to withhold medicine and food if they don't get their own way probably explains a lot as to why we are leaving this thing in the first place.

Matt, with all due respect, your continued and fervent defence of this farce is borderline embarrassing.

I am paraphrasing to a certain extent, but you know full well that both of those sentiments are true. As Ealing says, Davis said almost exactly that back in 2016, and Raab admitted on Tuesday to the select committee that they're making preparations in the event of disruption to food supplies. In the 21st Century.

The working classes were preyed upon by a campaign fronted by politicians who prioritised their vanity and their ambition over the interests of the country, were not at all honest with the electorate, and now even the biggest c**ts of them all like Rees-Mogg have abandoned the notion that the UK will be better off after Brexit. By his own admission, even if it happens, the likes of you and I will either be in old age or dead by the time we see a Brexit dividend.

When pressed, morons like him and even the Prime Minister just resort to the same meaningless, unfalsifiable platitudes.

There are two options: the much-maligned Chequers Deal, or jumping off the cliff without a deal. As it stands at the moment the future looks bleak. It's well known there'll be huge effects on manufacturing industries, the service sector and effects on the provision of basic public services... And the already fanciful claims from Brexiteers that "It'll all be fine," "we'll keep our sovereignty and negotiate our own trade deals!" are becoming less believable by the day.

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 4

Guest MattP
31 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Matt, with all due respect, your continued and fervent defence of this farce is borderline embarrassing.

I am paraphrasing to a certain extent, but you know full well that both of those sentiments are true. As Ealing says, Davis said almost exactly that back in 2016, and Raab admitted on Tuesday to the select committee that they're making preparations in the event of disruption to food supplies. In the 21st Century.

The working classes were preyed upon by a campaign fronted by politicians who prioritised their vanity and their ambition over the interests of the country, were not at all honest with the electorate, and now even the biggest c**ts of them all like Rees-Mogg have abandoned the notion that the UK will be better off after Brexit. 

But I wouldn't vote for this current Brexit deal based on the Chequers plan.

As I've consistently stated, soft Brexit is the worst of both Worlds. It leaves you still subject to the rules without having the benefits of pursuing independent trade.

Rees-Mogg hasn't abandoned the notion the UK will be better off either as far as I am aware.

9 minutes ago, MattP said:

Rees-Mogg hasn't abandoned the notion the UK will be better off either as far as I am aware.

from recent interviews he looks like a broken man with few positive answers left to give. 

not to mention the fact that we've gone from throwing 350m back into the NHS after we leave to stockpiling food and medicine so we can see out the 50 year period; after which we might see some benefits from leaving the EU.

there isn't anyone left to give a convincing argument with actual facts and figures of how it's going to benefit this generation, at all.

older people that voted brexit die well before any benefits can be seen. my generation die before any potential benefits might be seen. my kids are in their 40's before any potential benefits might be seen.

who signed up to that? NOBODY. 

• Like 1

Just now, lifted*fox said:

from recent interviews he looks like a broken man with few positive answers left to give. 

not to mention the fact that we've gone from throwing 350m back into the NHS after we leave to stockpiling food and medicine so we can see out the 50 year period; after which we might see some benefits from leaving the EU.

there isn't anyone left to give a convincing argument with actual facts and figures of how it's going to benefit this generation, at all.

older people that voted brexit die well before any benefits can be seen. my generation die before any potential benefits might be seen. my kids are in their 40's before any potential benefits might be seen.

who signed up to that? NOBODY. 

Brexit means breakfast.  And no other meals.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, toddybad said:

Funny thing is I think the likes of JRM and Farage are the ones that should be up for treason. Funny how the decision to hold a referendum came within a month of new EU laws being passed which would stop some of the ways of hiding wealth.

I really believe the heat is affecting you. Either that, or you need to be sectioned.

Your perverted attitude, would make it appear, that you are also a die hard communist.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

I really believe the heat is affecting you. Either that, or you need to be sectioned.

Your perverted attitude, would make it appear, that you are also a die hard communist.

Hang on, shit, I knew I should have calibrated that time machine better. I wanted to go to the future.

What year is it? 1981 or 1951?

27 minutes ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

Poor child.

30 minutes ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

At least he's not a homophobe, eh. 

Interesting story from the mail about Football clubs losing money due to Brexit. 

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/718926/Premier-League-Brexit-effect-transfer-fees-money-finances-cash-signings-sportgalleries

Apparently LCFC have :D 

Take that as you will.

(And no i dont usually read the mail, it just popped up as it mentioned Leicester.) 

6 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Interesting story from the mail about Football clubs losing money due to Brexit. 

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/718926/Premier-League-Brexit-effect-transfer-fees-money-finances-cash-signings-sportgalleries

Apparently LCFC have :D 

Take that as you will.

(And no i dont usually read the mail, it just popped up as it mentioned Leicester.) 

The Mail? You've linked the Star.

Just now, Buce said:

The Mail? You've linked the Star.

Oh i only read the 1st part. DAILYstar. 

I dont read any papers it just popped up so thought it might be of interest, but hey Buce thanks for picking me up on the most unimportant part :D