Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Politics Thread (encompassing Brexit) - 21 June 2017 onwards

Just now, Suzie the Fox said:

Oh i only read the 1st part. DAILYstar. 

I dont read any papers it just popped up so thought it might be of interest, but hey Buce thanks for picking me up on the most unimportant part :D 

lol

I wasn't being pedantic (for a change), I was just confused.

I wouldn't wipe my arse on the Mail or the Star - what does it say?

Just now, Buce said:

lol

I wasn't being pedantic (for a change), I was just confused.

I wouldn't wipe my arse on the Mail or the Star - what does it say?

Like i said i dont read newspapers either (except to do the crossword in the Express.)

It basically shows which 10 clubs have lost money & how much on transfers due to Brexit.  

• Thanks 1

Hope a by-election occurs, as May appears vulnerable at the moment and is trying to cover a lot of big cracks considering the growing amount of people opposing her and the level of criticism she has attained thus far over the negotiations.

54 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

This is where we're at now Brexit guys. 

You are supporting a change that means a first world country, the 5th largest economy in the world (or whatever you keep throwing about) is having to take preparations for food and medicine shortage. 

Let that sink in. Brexit means we're having to stockpile supplies. In the UK. In 2018.

:appl:

Well done. 

Surely nobody can be in favour of this bullshit. This Government (or any government if the Tories get ousted) needs to revoke Article 50 and not reinstate it until they figure out if its possible to leave the EU without seriously damaging the livelihoods of its populous. If it can't be done it needs putting in the ****ing bin and forgetting about. 

What an absolute joke of a situation. Stockpiling supplies. Are you ****ing kidding? 

We've dropped to 6th since the Brexit vote. True story.

https://money.cnn.com/2017/11/22/news/economy/uk-france-biggest-economies-in-the-world/index.html

1 hour ago, lifted*fox said:

This is where we're at now Brexit guys. 

You are supporting a change that means a first world country, the 5th largest economy in the world (or whatever you keep throwing about) is having to take preparations for food and medicine shortage. 

Let that sink in. Brexit means we're having to stockpile supplies. In the UK. In 2018.

:appl:

Well done. 

Surely nobody can be in favour of this bullshit. This Government (or any government if the Tories get ousted) needs to revoke Article 50 and not reinstate it until they figure out if its possible to leave the EU without seriously damaging the livelihoods of its populous. If it can't be done it needs putting in the ****ing bin and forgetting about. 

What an absolute joke of a situation. Stockpiling supplies. Are you ****ing kidding? 

You do understand what stockpiling means don’t you? It means storing more than necessarily you would normally. We stock many things, having a stockpile means we will have more to cover delays. Typical irrational bullshit.

3 minutes ago, Strokes said:

You do understand what stockpiling means don’t you? It means storing more than necessarily you would normally. We stock many things, having a stockpile means we will have more to cover delays. Typical irrational bullshit.

You can't argue with hysteria, let them get on with it.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, toddybad said:

https://money.cnn.com/2017/11/22/news/economy/uk-france-biggest-economies-in-the-world/index.html

It’s been a good few months since you and @Rogstanley aka @MooseBreath we’re predicting/ guaranteeing we would be in a recession by now. Still not happened, you must be gutted?

4 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Which medicines do you think the government usually stocks?

Just now, Strokes said:

It’s been a good few months since you and @Rogstanley aka @MooseBreath we’re predicting/ guaranteeing we would be in a recession by now. Still not happened, you must be gutted?

Too busy counting money after that inflation busting raise to notice.

1 minute ago, Strokes said:

I’d say all of them. The ones on the shelves are stocked until they are used.

And they come from the government iyo?

Just now, lifted*fox said:

Hysteria lol

What would you call it? Completely irrational. It’s rumoured the government will increase storage of things to account for custom delays, in the event of no deal and you react like a 5 year old being told no ice cream until tomorrow. Grow up!

• Like 1

For someone who voted Leave 'just to piss people off' you're getting awfully triggered and defensive about the state of Brexit m8. 

Nice you resorted to name calling as well fella, I thought we had a reasonable rapport on here but clearly not. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, toddybad said:

Not anymore. UK GDP = ~£2.065 trillion, which equates to roughly $2.75 trillion. In fact, if the Pound hit $1.45 again, the UK's GDP would be at $3 trillion. Mental how the UK economy has seemingly grown by $200 billion in 5/6 months, or maybe it's because nobody used GDP figures with the daily exchange rate until Brexit to prove a point. Was silly then, and is silly now.

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Strokes said:

What would you call it? Completely irrational. It’s rumoured the government will increase storage of things to account for custom delays, in the event of no deal and you react like a 5 year old being told no ice cream until tomorrow. Grow up!

The government doesn't ordinarily store medicines. Pharmacies buy then directly from wholesalers. Beyond hospitals it's an entirely private sector thing.

1 hour ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Hope a by-election occurs, as May appears vulnerable at the moment and is trying to cover a lot of big cracks considering the growing amount of people opposing her and the level of criticism she has attained thus far over the negotiations.

Have we signed her as a centre half?

2 minutes ago, toddybad said:

The government doesn't ordinarily store medicines. Pharmacies buy then directly from wholesalers. Beyond hospitals it's an entirely private sector thing.

Toddy, unless the NHS are sending them direct to patients from wholesalers then they find themselves on shelves in pharmacies or wards. ALSO KNOWN AS STORAGE!!

Just now, Strokes said:

Toddy, unless the NHS are sending them direct to patients from wholesalers then they find themselves on shelves in pharmacies or wards. ALSO KNOWN AS STORAGE!!

Not really a stockpile is it?

I'm not remotely hysterical about this. I just find it odd that you refuse to admit it isn't ideal. The government are essentially saying that there may be an issue with regards to medical supplies and so is having to stockpile to cover emergencies. That isn't really a happy position to be in and to claim otherwise is just bizarre.

1 minute ago, toddybad said:

Not really a stockpile is it?

I'm not remotely hysterical about this. I just find it odd that you refuse to admit it isn't ideal. The government are essentially saying that there may be an issue with regards to medical supplies and so is having to stockpile to cover emergencies. That isn't really a happy position to be in and to claim otherwise is just bizarre.

No it’s stored medicine/stock, a stockpile signifies an increase to stored stock. Hence it being hysterical.