Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Chocolate Teapot

Slimani

I just don't think he has the attributes to be a top striker at this level. Bad touch, slow but more importantly immobile, not a great striker of the ball.

He'd be ok at a struggling side who want to loft high balls in the box a lot, but he just doesn't have the ability to do much else on a regular basis.

At least 2 of Slimani, Okazaki, Musa and Ulloa should go this season. We don't need 4 limited strikers at the club.

1 minute ago, Kitchandro said:

I just don't think he has the attributes to be a top striker at this level. Bad touch, slow but more importantly immobile, not a great striker of the ball.

He'd be ok at a struggling side who want to loft high balls in the box a lot, but he just doesn't have the ability to do much else on a regular basis.

At least 2 of Slimani, Okazaki, Musa and Ulloa should go this season. We don't need 4 limited strikers at the club.

Kitch, I know which two I would move along.........one can't trap a ball and the other can only head it!

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Not back for Pre season.

Please don't talk to Eagle10, he's a waste of time. 

Guest Col city fan
19 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Not back for Pre season.

I think anyone who took much stock out of rumours on here would need their heads seeing to tbf.

20 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Not back for Pre season.

Must have been obvious to the journos on Friday. Why didn't they ask shakey where he was?  clearly if it was just an injury issue would have been mentioned. suspect they were told to keep it off the back pages. 

You all do know we play both a quick counter attack game or long ball. We need to keep at least one of Slimani or Ulloa. 

I actually think Ulloa will be more consistent and more likely to be content with a part-time role than Slimani, despite his reason outburst. 

His stats are great for last season, his first season here while suffering from injury and in a team with a horrendous team spirit for the most part. I'd despair of any club and anyone who can't be bothered to get behind a player who's already shown promise in those conditions.

1 minute ago, AS78UK said:

You all do know we play both a quick counter attack game or long ball. We need to keep at least one of Slimani or Ulloa. 

I actually think Ulloa will be more consistent and more likely to be content with a part-time role than Slimani, despite his reason outburst. 

We've just bought a partically slow midfielder from Spain. He may not be great quick counter attacking. And Slim is much faster than Iborra.

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

Listen, I want Slimani to be a succcess at Leicester, but there's three things he needs to do in order to redeem himself:

a) Remain fit throughout the season - the mysterious "groin injury" cannot pop up again!

b) Work on his attitude, both on and off the pitch - he's not the most likeable of guys within the dressing room according to several reports

c) score goals - he's a striker, that's what he's paid for. Otherwise, that £28m price tag will never go away.

All in all, it's about redemption. Similar case with Mahrez. He's lost a lot of sympathies within the fanbase, so he and Slimani better make up for last season.

He does score goals though. He just doesn't get much playtime. Also give him a chance, not all players adapt to a new league instantly. 

I haven't made my judgement on Slimani yet. He certainly has the ability to show his worth and is most definitely a goal scorer. I'm with those that want to see him get 1 full season where he is fit and getting regular game time. 7 goals in 13(10) appearances in the Premier League is not bad considering he struggled for fitness the whole season. Imagine what an in form, fit slimani could do.

I really still believe Slim have something to offer. He was involved in some crazy important goals against Porto and Copenhagen in the CL, so he has the rare gift of stepping up when most important. He really did have an on and off season, and I would like to see what he can offer with more consistent playing time. 

3 hours ago, Eagle10 said:

Absolutely. I completely agree with you on this one. And for the record, I never thought he was worth that price tag, for me he should have gone for £20m not more than that. He is a pretty good striker when the teams play to his strength but his overall game, isn't worth more than that.

You're £10m out on that valuation, even in this outrageous market I keep talking about.

5 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

Except that even in limited appearances and in what was a bad team at times he scored 11 goals and made five at almost one goal or assist every 100 minutes. There's nothing shabby about that and his pass success rate was also 70% which isn't bad for an under-pressure striker. 

Other things might not be so clear but his threat as a striker isn't in doubt to me - or at the club he came from and who would clearly like him back.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/108055/Show/Islam-Slimani

6 hours ago, Eagle10 said:

One thing is opinions, and everyone should respect each other opinions, but how in the hell can you rate Ulloa better than Slimani? Slimani was the striker with better goals per minute ratio, most chances created per minute too, in a team that played poorly all season long, and he did this, while having an injury that he didn't fully recover(it is widely known he was playing injured). His movement and touch here in Lisbon were good, and he played against good teams, and always shined, plus he was a work horse too. Also I don't get one thing, people are raving about Vardy, but he had a pretty shit season, why here on foxestalk people slate Slimani for no reason, and Vardy is the king?

Slim needs to be given a chance this guy is good and if played will score goals 

6 hours ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

I agree with all of that. Except, perhaps naively, I wouldnt mind seeing Musa have another season as perhaps a useful squad player consider he can be used on the wing too. Curious to see if he could improve over the course of another season in a reinvigorated squad

I'd rather get him off the wage bill he's getting 60,000 a week

9 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

He was bought for £28m including add ons, was the initial fee ever mentioned?

I want to know whether that rumour about there being a clause that stipulates we pay 500k or something for every 20 appearances is true. Seem to remember it being said on here in the month or so after Claudio was sacked. No solid info as far as I remember but some seemed to consider it fact

Archived