Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Chocolate Teapot

Slimani

3 minutes ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

Well after hearing what Shakey just said, I think Slim's on his way out.

Didn't hear what he said Rob but if that means that he seriously considers Ulloa as the back up plan then we should pray long and hard that Vardy and Iheanacho play virtually every league game this season

2 minutes ago, Solihullfox said:

Didn't hear what he said Rob but if that means that he seriously considers Ulloa as the back up plan then we should pray long and hard that Vardy and Iheanacho play virtually every league game this season

He was asked if he wanted Slim to stay... his answer was "well... he's here" and then something about not going until we get an acceptable bid 

On 8/21/2017 at 17:03, Simi said:

As much as I like Slimani, anyone advocating dropping Okazaki for the United game needs their head checking.

Would be tempted to do what Ranieri did in our title winning season, by playing Okazaki flat out for first 45mins and then bringing on Slimani for 2nd half. 

Slimani was excellent tonight and rightly deserves a large chunk of the game at the weekend but I agree that Okazaki should start. 

11 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

Since Kanté went to Chelsea, every time we played the usual 4-4-2 away against a big fish we got wiped out. Every single time bar a shaky Arsenal this season, if I'm not wrong.

Same players, same formation, I don't see why it should go otherwise this time.

Exactly, That's my point. So if we can't play 4-4-2 how are we going to start slim? Or are you thinking we should drop Vardy? 

First and foremost we must get rid of Ulloa. If Slimani goes as well then fine but it would be a shame. I know he cost £29 million but he's a valuable asset to our side. Ulloa is filth now, wouldn't even want him if we were in League One. Worrying, I'm hoping it's just Shakespeare's way when answering questions but he won't have done the morale of Slimani much good. 

I think by saying "well, he's here" he was referring to those that weren't tonight! I.e. Benalouane.

I hope, It could be translated to "yes I want to keep him. I've shown that by selecting him for tonight's squad, and the other league games. If I didn't want him here, I would have left him at home, just like Benny"

31 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

I think by saying "well, he's here" he was referring to those that weren't tonight! I.e. Benalouane.

I hope, It could be translated to "yes I want to keep him. I've shown that by selecting him for tonight's squad, and the other league games. If I didn't want him here, I would have left him at home, just like Benny"

Shakey didn't give anything away when the question was asked about slim. My thoughts he could be on his way. I hope not tbf sell ulloa he does not impress me at all and after tonight I thought he was shocking. 

Pleased for Slimani tonight. Still convinced that he has quite bit to offer. I'd go with Okazaki for now after his whirlwind start but I'd have more belief in Slim to get more goals as the season progresses.

I'd still be in favour of Shakey but if we kept Ulloa ahead of Slimani I would have major doubts about him.

I hope we keep him, something about him I just really like.  I think he is a 20 goal a season striker if played for 38 games.  It just depends whether he is happy with 20-30 games (some as sub) I suppose?  I like the big guy, bit nasty. X

11 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Exactly, That's my point. So if we can't play 4-4-2 how are we going to start slim? Or are you thinking we should drop Vardy? 

Nah, you don't drop your best striker. I just want to give Vardy a bit more air by bringing someone who can distract the defense's attention and is up to the physical challenge in or near their box.

Please Slim !  go replacing Lukaku in Everton. It will be more respect and  better for you playing in a upper club than Vardy's LCFC team .

A chance to play with Roony beside you,  certainly you go making misery as PL's fu....ng  great striker....  and say Good bye Chakey

Archived