Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Chocolate Teapot

Slimani

29 minutes ago, Eagle10 said:

The thing is, will he ever get the minutes he deserves here at Leicester? Unfortunately I don't think so, even if he always plays good when he comes on, Shakespeare seems to be a manager that only changes things when they are really not working, unless Vardy gets injured or Okazaki I don't think Slimani will ever be a starter, and there is Kelechi aswell.

He will get what he earns - which to date has been limited.

His second half last night would be the benchmark as a minimum he needs to show to be included in the 18 man match day squad imo.

One good half against a championship side does not warrant him being in front of Okazaki or Vardy whilst Gray and Kelechi will make strong cases for playing off Vardy too!!

I do not think Slim will ever be a starter whilst JV is here and personally he is not at the top quality level we should be aspiring to have in our team. It is not his fault we paid £10m to £15m too much at the time we signed him plus he does not work within the team pattern we set up - again not his fault but equally his general touch, leading the line and link play is not good enough.

If we could get close to our money back he will move on and for all concerned that would not be a disaster plus it would good to not have the likes of Eagle 10 filling the site with biased rubbish.

Guest Col city fan
34 minutes ago, Eagle10 said:

The thing is, will he ever get the minutes he deserves here at Leicester? Unfortunately I don't think so, even if he always plays good when he comes on, Shakespeare seems to be a manager that only changes things when they are really not working, unless Vardy gets injured or Okazaki I don't think Slimani will ever be a starter, and there is Kelechi aswell.

I don't and never have seen this as 'deserves'.

Does Shinji 'deserve' to be dropped? I'd say no, not at present. Does Vardy 'deserve' to be benched...of course not.

Slim has done last night all that he can do. Had the opportunity, come in, played well, given the manager a question.

7 minutes ago, Filberts lovechild said:

4 quality attackers at the club, last night proved Slim is the man we need to stay & Ulloa / Musa are goners. Hopefully we can convince him to stay even if not going to get much game time unless injuries to Vardy.

Its either iheanacho or Okazaki. Vardy or Slimani - rotatable if needed

Ulloa has a better song than Slimani so he absolutely has to stay... :ph34r:

47 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

He will get what he earns - which to date has been limited.

His second half last night would be the benchmark as a minimum he needs to show to be included in the 18 man match day squad imo.

One good half against a championship side does not warrant him being in front of Okazaki or Vardy whilst Gray and Kelechi will make strong cases for playing off Vardy too!!

I do not think Slim will ever be a starter whilst JV is here and personally he is not at the top quality level we should be aspiring to have in our team. It is not his fault we paid £10m to £15m too much at the time we signed him plus he does not work within the team pattern we set up - again not his fault but equally his general touch, leading the line and link play is not good enough.

If we could get close to our money back he will move on and for all concerned that would not be a disaster plus it would good to not have the likes of Eagle 10 filling the site with biased rubbish.

You are funny brother. I'm the one filling the site with biased rubbish but you say his link up is bad when yesterday he was excellent linking up, it doesn't matter if it was against Sheff United, he linked up, and if he couldnt it doesnt matter the team he was playing against. Next time you comment, try to make sense instead of trying to be funny and attack other posters. 

15 minutes ago, Eagle10 said:

You are funny brother. I'm the one filling the site with biased rubbish but you say his link up is bad when yesterday he was excellent linking up, it doesn't matter if it was against Sheff United, he linked up, and if he couldnt it doesnt matter the team he was playing against. Next time you comment, try to make sense instead of trying to be funny and attack other posters. 

Hopefully you may get him back for £25m as that would suit us all.

You talk tripe which is the issue - no player based upon how he played for a previous club warrants a first team spot and to suggest it doesn't matter about the opposition shows your limited knowledge of English football. The gulf between mid-table Championship and Top End Prem is massive so I think had Oka and Vardy played last night we would have ripped them a new one!!

Get over it that he has been bang average to date - yes, we overpaid and yes, we do not play to his strengths so we probably bought the wrong type of player but for me he is absolutely bang average and never worth £15m the way we play.

You constantly tell us how good he was at SL and how he has all this talent - from my observations he is a tall, gangly, moody striker who granted can score inside the box but when you compete with Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool, Utd, City etc we can't dominate possession enough to supply 20 crosses per game for him to be effective.

7 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

You talk tripe which is the issue - no player based upon how he played for a previous club warrants a first team spot and to suggest it doesn't matter about the opposition shows your limited knowledge of English football. The gulf between mid-table Championship and Top End Prem is massive so I think had Oka and Vardy played last night we would have ripped them a new one!!

Get over it that he has been bang average to date - yes, we overpaid and yes, we do not play to his strengths so we probably bought the wrong type of player but for me he is absolutely bang average and never worth £15m the way we play.

You constantly tell us how good he was at SL and how he has all this talent - from my observations he is a tall, gangly, moody striker who granted can score inside the box but when you compete with Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool, Utd, City etc we can't dominate possession enough to supply 20 crosses per game for him to be effective.

Let's sell him to Watford.

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Second half last night I thought Slim was lethal. The player I was expecting to see when we signed him. Give him a chance and bang! (Apart from the late miss to secure the hat trick).

More of this Slimani and we'll all be well happy.

Finally coming around eh, Col?!

I really think that he and Vardy could partner up. Shinji has the box seat for the other starting spot at the moment but Slim did himself a lot of favours last night. 

I do think though that Shakey will need to learn how to better use and rotate the 4 strikers we have better throughout the season, and I've no doubt he will. I think we'll go back to a Shinji running his socks off for 60 and then Slim or Ian coming on as a replacement. I also think Vards might not stay fit all this season too. Just a feeling 

Guest Col city fan
3 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

Finally coming around eh, Col?!

I really think that he and Vardy could partner up. Shinji has the box seat for the other starting spot at the moment but Slim did himself a lot of favours last night. 

I do think though that Shakey will need to learn how to better use and rotate the 4 strikers we have better throughout the season, and I've no doubt he will. I think we'll go back to a Shinji running his socks off for 60 and then Slim or Ian coming on as a replacement. I also think Vards might not stay fit all this season too. Just a feeling 

Ffs! lol

How does this work? Yes...I might be 'coming around' having just seen exactly what I said I'd seen last night.

Foxes Talk at its brilliant best.

1 hour ago, Old Fox said:

You want help reading? I said that it didnt matter the team he was playing against when you are talking about linking up. You were saying his link up is bad when yesterday it was excellent. And I watch a lot of English football so I know a lot about it. You saw his first goal yesterday? Was it a cross? I don't think so, many of his goals are crosses but he can score any other way. But I won't say more, because you will say I'm biased when I'm just stating facts. 

6 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

Nah, you don't drop your best striker. I just want to give Vardy a bit more air by bringing someone who can distract the defense's attention and is up to the physical challenge in or near their box.

I get that but then that means we have to play 4-4-2 which we know doesnt work against the top teams, especially away. Its a tough call and slim Will have given himself a good chance to start after last night but I'd be worried starting 442 at old Trafford 

1 minute ago, jayfox26 said:

I get that but then that means we have to play 4-4-2 which we know doesnt work against the top teams, especially away. Its a tough call and slim Will have given himself a good chance to start after last night but I'd be worried starting 442 at old Trafford 

It won't be a problem if we play 4-5-2.

Joke aside, I'd like to see a 3-5-2 with Mahrez behind both of them, but MU's midfield is physically too much for him. No, let us go 4-4-2 with Iborra and Ndidi and Slim behind Vardy. Which will never happen. Not in the first half.

5 hours ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Slim is good. Period. Not that far from our starting 11. Anyone saying otherwise is literally an Islamophobe

How does this comment not have more love? Are we so dense as to not appreciate commenting *greatness* when we see it?

7 hours ago, Filberts lovechild said:

4 quality attackers at the club, last night proved Slim is the man we need to stay & Ulloa / Musa are goners. Hopefully we can convince him to stay even if not going to get much game time unless injuries to Vardy.

Its either iheanacho or Okazaki. Vardy or Slimani - rotatable if needed

With @Nannypig7 confirming earlier that Ulloa has signed a new contract, it looks likely that Slimani will be leaving and Leo will be a back up striker/target man. :ph34r:

18 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

Nah, you don't drop your best striker. I just want to give Vardy a bit more air by bringing someone who can distract the defense's attention and is up to the physical challenge in or near their box.

I think that is decent call, some games don't suit Shinji at all (like WBA last season, as I remember). I do think we need some physical presence against Man U, so I think you have convinced me it is worth a shot.

Slim is a bit unlucky that Shinji has started well really, but all the evidence is that Shinji won't keep it up.

Archived