Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Chocolate Teapot

Slimani

6 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

He'll stay. I'm pretty confident about that. Well I was also pretty confident that DD and Mahrez would stay.

If we manage to get Adrien Silva on board, the partnership has the potential to become something truly special.

Imagine if Mahrez can be convinced to stay for at least another season also.

We'll be laughing all the way to the bank.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, bpfox said:

needs to have played his last game for us, cant hold the ball up and YES he should have scored. we have better options.

Holds the ball up well I thought, and brought others into the attack.

Who is the better options, Leo, Okazaki, or an unfit nacho.

4 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

All three imo.....he is bloody awful

God help us, Leo and Okazaki are championship standard, nacho might be ok when fit.

Slimani with a run of games will score goals, he's scored everywhere he's been.

I won't convince you as you either really don't like him or his price tag, if you seriously think Leo or Okazaki are better.

Just now, Monsell1976 said:

God help us, Leo and Okazaki are championship standard, nacho might be ok when fit.

Slimani with a run of games will score goals, he's scored everywhere he's been.

I won't convince you as you either really don't like him or his price tag, if you seriously think Leo or Okazaki are better.

Yes correct you won't.

Cant trap a bag of cement and powder puff for his size.

Nothing to do with price tag or liking him - I support all our players but imo he's crap and gives us nothing in the formation and way we play.

22 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

Yes correct you won't.

Cant trap a bag of cement and powder puff for his size.

Nothing to do with price tag or liking him - I support all our players but imo he's crap and gives us nothing in the formation and way we play.

But you would rather have a player in who cannot hold himself up, let alone the ball lol 

To be fair, he shouldnt have missed that chance. But he was the one who started the play by robbing Kante of that ball. He is good at making plays, but is terrible at finishing them. Kinda like Benzema (of course far less skilled version of KB9)

11 hours ago, Redouane said:

To be fair, he shouldnt have missed that chance. But he was the one who started the play by robbing Kante of that ball. He is good at making plays, but is terrible at finishing them. Kinda like Benzema (of course far less skilled version of KB9)

He didn't miss it, it was on target and a very good save. I think we should be more lenient for the composure, considering he had just sprinted the entire length of the pitch.

38 minutes ago, Strokes said:

He didn't miss it, it was on target and a very good save. I think we should be more lenient for the composure, considering he had just sprinted the entire length of the pitch.

Yeah, I was thinking that as-well, but it doesn't excuse it. How many times did Slim score with his feet? The only time I recall was last season versus Everton. Clearly, his finishing needs to improve ASAP. 

20 hours ago, Old Fox said:

All three imo.....he is bloody awful

He may or may not be "good enough" to hold down a regular spot for a top 8 team (I think he is but I am willing to accept decent arguments against) but "bloody awful" just makes you sound silly.  His goals per minutes are the best at the club.  I am not saying he is the next Messi (or even the best striker at our club) but calm down.  I know I am fecking annoying and I know I always jump to the defence of team and manager but if you want to slag off a player at least make it factual, I am happy to admit when I am wrong.  X

Archived