Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
PintsandPyro

Darts

12 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

I’ve hit a few but just cannae get consistent. I’m decent some days then terrible others. I do enjoy it though, find it therapeutic. 

I used to love a double 18 finish not entirely sure why. Need to take it back up I reckon

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

I used to love a double 18 finish not entirely sure why. Need to take it back up I reckon

Ha I genuinely love playing it. It’s so enjoyable. Would hate to play in a pub or league though. Darts is one of those games that’s fun to play alone or with a pal but I kind of hate everyone and everything that surrounds it 😂 

On 24/05/2024 at 07:54, RumbleFox said:

Unreal.

Anyone on here play? Anyone any good? 

I played to a really good standard as a late teen/early 20s, sometimes I’d think I’ll just throw for half hour and next thing I knew 6 hours had passed and I was just in the zone. Never hit a 9 but a few 10s, missed double 12 once. But my issue was consistency, for all I could play a 15ish dart leg reasonably regularly doing 30/40 dart legs without being able to finish was much more common. I recently put a board up, as in last week, as I’ve started a new job that’s quite intense and it used to relax me a lot, finding it still holds its value in that regard. Not hit a 180 yet but have managed a few 140s/123s/135s and hit a 126 finish last night. Could never play in a pub team or the like though because I just can’t handle the pressure of a lot of people watching.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

I played to a really good standard as a late teen/early 20s, sometimes I’d think I’ll just throw for half hour and next thing I knew 6 hours had passed and I was just in the zone. Never hit a 9 but a few 10s, missed double 12 once. But my issue was consistency, for all I could play a 15ish dart leg reasonably regularly doing 30/40 dart legs without being able to finish was much more common. I recently put a board up, as in last week, as I’ve started a new job that’s quite intense and it used to relax me a lot, finding it still holds its value in that regard. Not hit a 180 yet but have managed a few 140s/123s/135s and hit a 126 finish last night. Could never play in a pub team or the like though because I just can’t handle the pressure of a lot of people watching.

Ha very similar to me. My dad is a very good player and we had a board in the back room when I was a kid. Probably wasn’t as good as you but was way better than your average person. I have my own shop so put up a board and throw whenever there’s no customers. Regularly get 100-140 and have had a few 180s but as you say, it’s all about consistency. I suppose that’s what separates the good players from the elite. For all I can through a few 100s I go through periods of being shite haha. It’s great fun though, got back into it recently. 

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

One thing I used to do a lot was when I was playing I’d literally just be throwing and when I hit a 140 or 180 I’d say to myself right that’s 361/321 left then, so a lot of my really good legs were artificially inflated haha.

I just constantly throw at the T20 on my own, never play anyone else never go for any other target 😂. I’d probably be shit these days if I played a proper game against an actual human. 

Play most days on my own,not too bad.The thing that lets me down is the maths side.I'm ok on even numbers,but when it comes to working out finishes i'm lost.It's what puts me off from joining a league!

8 hours ago, PAULCFC said:

Play most days on my own,not too bad.The thing that lets me down is the maths side.I'm ok on even numbers,but when it comes to working out finishes i'm lost.It's what puts me off from joining a league!

Create yourself a little table of finishes that you can stick next to the board for 50-170. With one or two ways for each finish. You'll soon end up learning them by heart over time. 

• Like 1

On 26/05/2024 at 09:50, The Bear said:

Create yourself a little table of finishes that you can stick next to the board for 50-170. With one or two ways for each finish. You'll soon end up learning them by heart over time. 

Going to give that a go....to be honest if someone scores 13/treble 19 and double 7 for an an example my mind just goes blank....and i'd have to chalk!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, PAULCFC said:

Going to give that a go....to be honest if someone scores 13/treble 19 and double 7 for an an example my mind just goes blank....and i'd have to chalk!

Coincidentally I saw this in a pub tonight and thought of you! Thought I'd get a snap of it. 

IMG-20240529-224052.jpg

• Like 1

Doub't there is anyone up at this time of morning watching it live,but the US darts masters is pretty good this morning!Cross allready in the final and Littler v Price in the second semi.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 29/05/2024 at 01:26, PAULCFC said:

Learn what all the higher trebles are, then just try and add the scores as the player throws. It’ll become 2nd nature in no time. 

On 29/05/2024 at 01:26, PAULCFC said:

That’s 77

My interest in darts seems to have diminished as quickly as it popped up.

Everything that was exciting about it seems to have vanished - it's like every player (bar two) have massively dropped off in consistency and quality.

Only a year or so ago it was a case of any one from a dozen players winning now it's just po-faced humphries and littler who seem to be winning.

It hasn't helped that the PL seems heavily biased towards uk players.

Maybe it's not helped that we don't get all the tournaments over here, and we have to listen to the tiresome and not-as-funny-as-he-thinks-he-is wayne mardle every week and the same crap football songs from the crowd, but it's just become really predictable and uninspiring this year.

On 23/07/2024 at 00:21, Lillehamring said:

My interest in darts seems to have diminished as quickly as it popped up.

Everything that was exciting about it seems to have vanished - it's like every player (bar two) have massively dropped off in consistency and quality.

Only a year or so ago it was a case of any one from a dozen players winning now it's just po-faced humphries and littler who seem to be winning.

It hasn't helped that the PL seems heavily biased towards uk players.

Maybe it's not helped that we don't get all the tournaments over here, and we have to listen to the tiresome and not-as-funny-as-he-thinks-he-is wayne mardle every week and the same crap football songs from the crowd, but it's just become really predictable and uninspiring this year.

I know what you mean about the premier league.....same players gets really boring!Find myself watching more of the Euro Tour and Players Champs these days.

On 24/07/2024 at 19:04, PAULCFC said:

I know what you mean about the premier league.....same players gets really boring!Find myself watching more of the Euro Tour and Players Champs these days.

Trouble is we get mainly the PL plus some of the euro tour but it's not always clear when and what's being shown.