Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Safe Standing Roadshow

Safe standing - time to act

9 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

I think I might have been one of them but i always hoped, problem is we still dont have it.  Its definately a step forward but its simply not the safe standing like celtic have or QPR have, its just a rail in front of an existing seat.  Maybe one day we'll get the real deal.

Im very much in the camp for this. The half arsed bar although better than what we have now with nothing is really just that a half arsed fix.

15 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Yeah true. I'm surprised so many have gone with the bargain basement option, they'll just end up ripping it all out and doing it properly in a few years anyway! 

Do you wonder if it's half arsed initially for it being cheaper to see if it's taken well by fans in the area and/or any other reason they can think to remove it 

3 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Do you wonder if it's half arsed initially for it being cheaper to see if it's taken well by fans in the area and/or any other reason they can think to remove it 

Its certainly a possibility, if the fans misbehave remove rail and back we go.

• 1 month later...

Looks like the new stand at anfield has rail seating throughout the lower tier:-

skip to 1m.27sec

Strange that the Kop is getting less than 5,000 for safe standing, given most stand every game and has a capacity of 12,000.

It would have been an opportunity to put real safe standing areas in but it looks like this is the best we can hope for.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

We’ll literally be the last club in England to go near this. It was clear from the survey about atmosphere that a sizeable number of people had mentioned it as something they think could improve atmosphere and all the club could do was call out that people wanted clappers…

I think the problem is where we would put safe standing?