Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Safe Standing Roadshow

Safe standing - time to act

2 hours ago, promised land said:

What about the cost for all those cardboard clappers they still print every game? Also how many of the ones they print get binned straight away, surely that’s an expense they could stop.

Regardless of the environmental impact of it all when they say that’s why ST are NFT unless you opt out for a pony.

£14,000 a game

2 hours ago, blueharmie said:

This won't happen at Leicester.

They certainly don't want people standing at matches here, stance has always been the same from the off.

They aren’t going to stop it though and having people stand in seated areas is a major safety issue

Ipswich up next:-

Ashton: Over the Next Few Weeks Portman Road is Going to Be a Building Site - Ipswich Town News | TWTD.co.uk

“We’ve talked about safe standing for a while internally and we are going to introduce some safe standing for the start of next season,” he said. “That will be in upper Cobbold.

“We have a challenge in upper Cobbold because the rake of the stand and having discussed this with the local authority and the Safety Advisory Group (SAG), it is the most logical place for us to test safe standing.

“A number of the seats in the upper Cobbold will change to safe standing and that includes A Block and where the majority of the away fans currently go.

“We have debated whether we start this in the North Stand, the South Stand, the West Stand and this is the logical point for us to test it, and if it works well, we will then communicate with fans and explain that, but we will have some safe standing in for the start of next season.”

12 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Arsenal, Palace, Brighton and Fulham. So 5 total sorry. Both Leeds and Saints have made plans so doesn't matter which of them come up.

Leeds already have it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SemperEadem said:

Such a strange stance from our club.

Feel this is becoming our basic response to most decisions the club takes now. 

Safe standing, general sale and memberships, ticketing in general, fan led atmosphere - tifos etc all have such bizarre stances from the club. 

Almost as if the people making decisions relating to fans have no idea 

• Like 1

As I've stated before I can only see us getting safe standing at the King Power if the SGSA / local authority push for it under safety concerns.  I'd be astounded if the club introduce it off their own backs.

Our club is one of those establishments that fears change. It’s an old school business scared to evolve and FULL of people who the club has now outgrown. 

They’d rather say no and resist rather than embrace what might happen if something new went well. I suspect much of the resistance to change is “because we’ve always done it that way” which ironically, is the issue!

A corporate business which continually fails internally and then fights any feedback to change by its customers is only going one way.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

As I've stated before I can only see us getting safe standing at the King Power if the SGSA / local authority push for it under safety concerns.  I'd be astounded if the club introduce it off their own backs.

Shocked that a near death moment vs Forest did not force the club into it.

51 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Feel this is becoming our basic response to most decisions the club takes now. 

Safe standing, general sale and memberships, ticketing in general, fan led atmosphere - tifos etc all have such bizarre stances from the club. 

Almost as if the people making decisions relating to fans have no idea 

Anything that gives the ability for fans to agree and unite. 

Im telling you, it might sound melodramatic but the club is built on principles from Thai democracy. Don’t challenge, don’t criticise, show off your wealth, don’t take responsibility and don’t even think about giving objectors a platform. 

• Like 3

It's absolutely impossible to implement safe standing because we've got season ticket holders who have sat in their seats for decades and will never be mov...

Oh...

image.png.8ec914dcae96c6ca7aca76c5287649ee.png

19 minutes ago, Daggers said:

It's absolutely impossible to implement safe standing because we've got season ticket holders who have sat in their seats for decades and will never be mov...

Oh...

image.png.8ec914dcae96c6ca7aca76c5287649ee.png

I posted a link to the interview a few posts up, I believe its on Youtube also.  Its a very good interview.

• Like 1