Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SouthStandUpperTier

Last man standing?

It is becoming more and more inevitable over the next few transfer windows that The Immortals, our title winning team, are slowly going to be broken up. As sad as this is, I wonder who you guys think is going to end up being the last remaining member of the team? You can only choose a player who racked up enough appearances for a medal. My money would be on Marc Albrighton.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

It is becoming more and more inevitable over the next few transfer windows that The Immortals, our title winning team, are slowly going to be broken up. As sad as this is, I wonder who you guys think is going to end up being the last remaining member of the team? You can only choose a player who racked up enough appearances for a medal. My money would be on Marc Albrighton.

I've been thinking of starting this thread for a couple of weeks now, I was even going to give the same title. My money is on Albrighton too.

Guest Col city fan

I wonder where the club is going tbh. It appears that a number of the old 'Pearsonites' are either reaching retirement age, or wanting a move on. And that leaves us with the Amartey's and Musas of this world.

Ouch.

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

I wonder where the club is going tbh. It appears that a number of the old 'Pearsonites' are either reaching retirement age, or wanting a move on. And that leaves us with the Amartey's and Musas of this world.

Ouch.

That's actually quite a frightening thought.

Vardyvwill retire with us I think probably well into his thirties, Albrighton and Kasper will be here until they retire too.

James and Kingy I doubt will play in the top flight for another club.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Kingy all day long. Never leaving.

Infact my money is in him trying to nobble the birch. Player here for life.

8 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Kingy all day long. Never leaving.

Infact my money is in him trying to nobble the birch. Player here for life.

I think we need to send him out on loan- to stop shakey form putting on at every opportunity (- I think this is some deep seated freudian attachment issue of which shakey has no insight)

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

I've been thinking of starting this thread for a couple of weeks now, I was even going to give the same title. My money is on Albrighton too.

Funny that, so was I.

I think it needs to be set up as a sticky... something like; The IMMORTALS - where are they now ??

Also needs to include the management, I reckon.

It deserves it's own thread rather than just ex-LCFC players, doesn't it :dunno:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I think Vardy will either retire with us or stay until the last season of his career and then finish off at Sheffield Wednesday possibly. I hope Kasper, King and Vardy stay until the end though, the others I'm not sure will, but we'll have to wait and see, Morgan may, depends whether he wants to play or not towards the end of his career.

Will you still want Vardy when he's 33 and half as fast as he is now?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I'd say Kingy, can see him still being a player coach at the club.

Will you still want Vardy when he's 33 and half as fast as he is now?

well considering he's 31 now and is one of the fastest players in the league, I'd say we've got a few more decent years in him. Look at Defoe as well, he's 35? No reason why Vardy can't go until then.

Justin Gatlin just became the 100m World Champ at 35. So long as we keep Vards hooked up to an IV drip of Red Bull and Port and he'll be good for another 5 years yet.

• Like 2

Andy KIng. No debate surely :dunno:

second place though - Its got to be Vards for me. A couple more years when his pace is gone, no body is going to buy him out of that contract. (and there is no negative connotation in that statement, I'm very happy to have him here..top top striker!)

Edited by Jacnah

Just now, Jacnah said:

Andy KIng. No debate surely :dunno:

second place though - Its got to be Vards for me. A couple more years when his pace is gone, no body is going to buy him out of that contract. (and there is no negative connotation in that statement, I'm very happy to have him here..top top striker!)

King will be on the bench in the 2026/27 season.. Coming on to replace the 29 year old Musa..... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Great Boos Up said:

It will be Fuchs! Persuaded to come here by Pearson and never met him but battles on blindly awaiting his return for ever and ever without injury or getting the hump. The EPLs first 40 year old player.

Schwarzer played Prem football for us at 42. Not even the oldest of all time.