Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SouthStandUpperTier

Last man standing?

7 hours ago, Erinjack said:

I think kasper will finish his career here. As highly as he is rated by city fans, I can't see anyone paying the 40/45 million we would probably demand in today's market. 

Depending how much he wants a big move, he might not sign another contract. 

i thought with shakey getting the job we would be improving the team, but he seems to have had the opposite affect they all want to leave, and he really has struggled to bring in enough good players, however the 3 he got a like. hears a piece of advice shakey, u should have sold all the wingers early and got a new team who want to be here, now u could end up with 3-4 players leaving or have 3-4 players still here who dont want to play for u, think u have f....ed up badly.

It's shaping up to be an unmitigated disaster for the club

So many unsettled players it would appear

Decent recruitment would certainly have helped and Ruskin and co seem to have messed up yet again 

Dont see it as Shakeys fault it's not his brief

Very very worrying 

It does have the feeling of last one to leave turn out the lights. Don't think Shakes has the magnetism of a big time manager. I know people are always going to mention Sven but I think we need a manager with a bigger name in order to bring in players of greater ilk. Should have offered Simone millions.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bpfox said:

i thought with shakey getting the job we would be improving the team, but he seems to have had the opposite affect they all want to leave, and he really has struggled to bring in enough good players, however the 3 he got a like. hears a piece of advice shakey, u should have sold all the wingers early and got a new team who want to be here, now u could end up with 3-4 players leaving or have 3-4 players still here who dont want to play for u, think u have f....ed up badly.

For goodness sake, players are being offered an opportunity to go and play for big clubs challenging for big trophies on shed loads of money. It has absolutely nothing to do with who is in charge. You could name almost any manager that has ever lived that how lost players to bigger clubs.

He's not head of recruitment either, it's not his job to sign players. The reality of it is, the squad is stacked full of players and we probably need to unload some to be able to buy more. Unless we get offers that make that worthwhile, we'll stick with what we've got.

As for him selling "wingers early" whatever the hell that means. He's not in charge of other clubs and when they bid or what they bid. He can't just wave a magic wand and sell any player he wants.

I don't think you understand this isn't FIFA where you can trade players on a whim.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, somebum said:

It does have the feeling of last one to leave turn out the lights. Don't think Shakes has the magnetism of a big time manager. I know people are always going to mention Sven but I think we need a manager with a bigger name in order to bring in players of greater ilk. Should have offered Simone millions.

Simeone? Yeah... he's going to drop everything at Madrid and come here isn't he.

Having a named manager doesn't mean you sign better players.

Players like Drinkwater and others rightly or wrongly probably feel like they have done all they can with Leicester City and think they will win more stuff and be more successful at what they perceive to be bigger clubs. they probably look at Kante and see how well he has done and want the same! the last man standing will undoubtedly be Andy King,

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

For goodness sake, players are being offered an opportunity to go and play for big clubs challenging for big trophies on shed loads of money. It has absolutely nothing to do with who is in charge. You could name almost any manager that has ever lived that how lost players to bigger clubs.

He's not head of recruitment either, it's not his job to sign players. The reality of it is, the squad is stacked full of players and we probably need to unload some to be able to buy more. Unless we get offers that make that worthwhile, we'll stick with what we've got.

As for him selling "wingers early" whatever the hell that means. He's not in charge of other clubs and when they bid or what they bid. He can't just wave a magic wand and sell any player he wants.

I don't think you understand this isn't FIFA where you can trade players on a whim.

That's a long winded way of calling someone an idiot. :D

6 minutes ago, somebum said:

Simone has made no secret of the fact he wants out

And you think Leicester has any chance of getting one of the best managers in the world. You need to realign your expectations otherwise you are going to be miserable about Leicester for a long long time.

Edited by Babylon