Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SouthStandUpperTier

Last man standing?

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

And you think Leicester has any chance of getting one of the best managers in the world. You need to realign your expectations otherwise you are going to be miserable about Leicester for a long long time.

Your use of future tense whilst describing my mood only indicates it is you who needs to realign your expectations:thumbup:

3 minutes ago, somebum said:

Your use of future tense whilst describing my mood only indicates it is you who needs to realign your expectations:thumbup:

You're always down about the club, the club isn't going to change any time soon. We aren't going to get Simeone or anyone else of his calibre.

• 4 years later...
5 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Given today's reports and Vardy's age, is it Marc Albrighton or big Dan Amartey that is going to be the surprise outcome for this question?

I don’t think Albrighton would be a surprise. Reading back through this thread it seemed he was the most common guess back in 2017. He’s still probably the most likely now too.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Given today's reports and Vardy's age, is it Marc Albrighton or big Dan Amartey that is going to be the surprise outcome for this question?

I think it will be Vardy, tbh. If he is as sharp as he was in preseason, he'll get an extension to see him until the end of next season. I expect Big Dan not to get renewed next year (and possibly out this year) and Marc, whom I love, won't get an extension after next year. In truth, we can talk about high wages all we want, but Vardy is still a bargain based on what he gives the team. 

2 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

I think it will be Vardy, tbh. If he is as sharp as he was in preseason, he'll get an extension to see him until the end of next season. I expect Big Dan not to get renewed next year (and possibly out this year) and Marc, whom I love, won't get an extension after next year. In truth, we can talk about high wages all we want, but Vardy is still a bargain based on what he gives the team. 

I think Vardy will go to the US at the end of this season after everything that went down with his wife though 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Vardy wants to stay and sign a new deal so can't see him going anywhere for a couple of years yet

I think Vardy will be a brilliant attacker and goal scoring coach at the club. He has so much experience that should be utilized and as he and the Mrs. seem to be expanding their home so after another couple of years with us he´ll retire and become coach of some sort.

31 minutes ago, TheStig said:

I think Vardy will be a brilliant attacker and goal scoring coach at the club. He has so much experience that should be utilized and as he and the Mrs. seem to be expanding their home so after another couple of years with us he´ll retire and become coach of some sort.

He will need to carry on working until he is 70 to pay off the wife's legal bill!

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Sampson said:

I think Vardy will go to the US at the end of this season after everything that went down with his wife though 

As big as that country is, I don’t think following the Rooneys to the US is the smartest move 🤣

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

Age is catching up with vards, I think he will play 1 year in the US. So this may well be his last season with us. 

Age is catching up? He scored 15 league goals last season.

I didn’t realise that this thread was started in 2017 so reading the first page was very confusing. I honestly thought everyone was trying to funny with their Andy King will be the last man comments 😂 

• Haha 1