Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SouthStandUpperTier

Last man standing?

29 minutes ago, Rocket-Ron said:

I'll have you know i died 4 years ago.

To be fair I did actually worry this might be the case when I quoted you. Does the club make you sit in the main stand with the other zombies?

• 6 months later...
On 29/08/2017 at 20:18, Col city fan said:

I wonder where the club is going tbh. It appears that a number of the old 'Pearsonites' are either reaching retirement age, or wanting a move on. And that leaves us with the Amartey's and Musas of this world.

Ouch.

6 years on and this is is pretty spot on 

1 hour ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Does Action Dan even count? Didn’t he sign in the January of the title winning season… ?

On 29/08/2017 at 20:07, SouthStandUpperTier said:

It is becoming more and more inevitable over the next few transfer windows that The Immortals, our title winning team, are slowly going to be broken up. As sad as this is, I wonder who you guys think is going to end up being the last remaining member of the team? You can only choose a player who racked up enough appearances for a medal. My money would be on Marc Albrighton.

Yes. My thread. My rules.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Is anyone else upset at the way our legends have left the club? You'd have thought players like Morgan and Schmeichel would have testimonials or some way to properly say good bye?

Perhaps once Vardy goes we have a super testimonial for all of them? You can be accused of hanging onto the past and not letting go, but these guys gave me some of my best memories.

Players are so wealthy now, I thought testimonials are a thing of the past? Suppose they could donate to charity, or the fund to get Vestergaard off the books.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Players are so wealthy now, I thought testimonials are a thing of the past? Suppose they could donate to charity, or the fund to get Vestergaard off the books.

They can give all the money to charity. But it's an opportunity for fans to say goodbye and thank players they are fond of. Our rise has been one of the most meteoric ever, and that collection of players has done things that probably won't ever be done again. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

They can give all the money to charity. But it's an opportunity for fans to say goodbye and thank players they are fond of. Our rise has been one of the most meteoric ever, and that collection of players has done things that probably won't ever be done again. 

Maybe we could have a legends game where all or most of the title winners come on for a kick about.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 11 months later...
39 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

If it were down to me, Vardy and Albrighton would retire on the same day with last 5 mins substitute appearances at an emotional KPS, and like Marathon runners who finish jointly, hand in hand as they cross the line, they are happy to have reached the end together.

Love this idea, imagine the tears ❤️

I hope this club can for once do the right thing and if either of them are retiring or

leaving this summer, let us know ahead of time so they can get the send offs they deserve. Would be tragic if they just left with no fanfare over the summer as with Kasper.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

It is looking like Marc has ("99.99%") finished, so if Jamie Vardy signs any kind of extension, 7 years after this thread was started, he'll be LMS, in addition to all his other honours and accolades for us.

Otherwise, it's a dead heat between two legends of the club.