Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dannythefox

Andy King

2 hours ago, Innovindil said:

The thing that really winds me up is a lot of people complain that there is no loyalty in football anymore, then in the next breath berate King for not having "ambition". I think he'd easily get into some of the higher championship teams, maybe even into some of the lesser Premier league teams. 

Maybe, like us, he just loves Leicester city. 

And I love Andy King. Long may he stay here. :scarf:

Do people berate him for his loyalty? Critics would say that games bypass him at times, he isn't creative or positive or physical enough and doesn't cover the ground some of our other CMs have managed to cover. Or they might criticise the decision to select him.

The problem is that some fans struggle for balance when they discuss King ("he's more of a club legend than [insert name]", "he needs to be in the side ahead of [insert name]", "we'd have won that game if we'd brought King on instead of [insert name]", "King turned down big clubs to stay with us when we were still rubbish" etc.).

What happens is that people point out that these claims are a bit over-emotional, born of wanting King to be the hero of the hour because he loves the club and we love it too. And because these people tell us something we don't want to hear, they get accused of King-bashing. As a City fan, yeah, you've got to respect his loyalty, appreciate his contribution and acknowledge his many positive attributes, but it's also true that the team performance tends to be weaker when he plays.

Still, I don't see why any Leicester fan would berate him for a lack of ambition. In fact, I wouldn't berate him at all, I love the guy, even if I'm realistic about just how key a part he's played in a lot of our success.

It's true, though - King was fantastic in that Austria game. If he can do that week-in week-out for us (which is asking a lot, I know) then Silva won't get a look-in. If we ever sign him, that is.

Edited by inckley fox
  • Like 1

My gripe is the change to his game hasn't helped him, even though he's at a higher level now. He's stopped his ghosting runs in to the box where he'd score 5-10 goals a season minimum. He used to be a superb finisher but now he looks scared when a chance falls to him. 

• Like 2

Great servant to the club and a Leicester legend no doubt through the years from the league one days.

however... You or I should I say, would have to question his ambition? He's probably as far down the pecking order as he's ever been now so wonder if he will still be happy play an even smaller part.

as for loyalty well could be the fact he's on 35/40 bags a week and he knows he wouldn't get half of that playing for Ipswich or Fulham.

maybe a bit cynical of me I suppose? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, teblin said:

He was excellent for Wales last night! 

He was. We were struggling a little in the first half with the Austrian set up allowing Alaba to roam. Coleman brought him on to do a specific midfield task to address that and the game changed. I still don't think he should feature in our regular first team matchday squad as better players there now. But no denying his loyalty or ability to do as required on important occasions. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd
  • Like 2

Did really good last night as did the rest of the Welsh Team....... Back in contention so to speak     :fc:

Love to be a fly on the wall when he meets up with Dragovic and Fuchs when he gets back     :whistle:

image.png.862471f3145f3548aef4b7b46e44e610.png  

Coleman made an equally crucial substitution at halftime, bringing on Andy King to snuff out the threat of Bayern Munich's David Alaba, who had orchestrated most of Austria's best first-half moments.

• Like 1

He's happy to be a squad player and get game time whenever he's needed. He's obviously really happy here and knows this club is the best it will get for him!. I'm sure he's loyal but also realistic about his career ambitions! I personally love the fact he has won League 1 , the Championship and the Premier League with us.

9 hours ago, inckley fox said:

FCDo people berate him for his loyalty? Critics would say that games bypass him at times, he Fisn't creative or positive or physical enough and doesn't cover the ground some of our other CMs have managed to cover. Or they might criticise the decision to select him.

The problem is that some fans struggle for balance when they discuss King ("he's more of a club legend than [insert name]", "he needs to be in the side ahead of [insert name]", "we'd have won that game if we'd brought King on instead of [insert name]", "King turned down big clubs to stay with us when we were still rubbish" etc.).

What happens is that people point out that these claims are a bit over-emotional, born of wanting King to be the hero of the hour because he loves the club and we love it too. And because these people tell us something we don't want to hear, they get accused of King-bashing. As a City fan, yeah, you've got to respect his loyalty, appreciate his contribution and acknowledge his many positive attributes, but it's also true that the team performance tends to be weaker when he plays.

Still, I don't see why any Leicester fan would berate him for a lack of ambition. In fact, I wouldn't berate him at all, I love the guy, even if I'm realistic about just how key a part he's played in a lot of our success.

It's true, though - King was fantastic in that Austria game. If he can do that week-in week-out for us (which is asking a lot, I know) then Silva won't get a look-in. If we ever sign him, that is.

This is fair and imo a good comment/Post ...

but I would also like to add, IMO over the last 2 seasons, hes been asked to do a job in individual games, that never were in his skill set. Ndidi, DD, James, and Kante could play on the backfoot, but also struggled themselves occasionally in a 2 man midfield even in the title season. King can cover and support within a defensive game, but hes far better when the teams are set up to go forward and not to hold. Maybe his last top games for us,

were the Everton /Swansea games in our title season.

He played well in the Wales shirt except

When Coleman gave him more DM duties. He could play an Holding CM, but not infront of the penalty area for 90mins.

Taking last season, even with Ndidi, we have never really found such a player,... DD, Ndidi, Amartey, etc were always too deep which we shown when we couldnt defend consistently through an whole game.This season against Manu, a midfield with only James and Ndidi is not enough, when the tendency from the offset is to play off the backfoot.

If you start King, you have  to use him as an attacking Midfieldno10, who can/should  cover, but not the other way around. If hes consistently around the oppos box hes a damn good player, if he is expected to play majority of the game, the defensive side of the halfway line, hes

Lost...like I said..IMHO.

I rate him, but even  good coaches have Miscalculated  his strengths at times.

For example , I believe he would be a good player in the  Bournemouths set up.

That said I am more than happy hes 'our Andy King', and hope he Finishes his career with us, and finds no need or is not pushed, to have Cameos elsewhere. Last  season was poor, turgid for all  our so called mainstay players.

With our new players, he could well find a new lease of life, coming off the bench, , and give a performance, is part and partial of being in that, not 1st 11, but 1st 14-15 set up.

Hes not been our top player, but always been for me a top...'club player' which also carries,

its/their own set of values....and valuation.

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 2

Pretty sure some don't understand the requirements of a squad.

We all agree we need a 5th choice CM? Wouldnt you prefer it's someone who has been at the club for 10 years who is happy to do it or a different face every year who asks to leave after 1 season I.e. Inler?

• Like 4