Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dannythefox

Andy King

38 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Funny how people see the game differently. I thought Kingy did okay today, nothing to write home about but he was pretty tidy. On the other hand I thought Matty James was absolutely anonymous but Kingy is the go-to scapegoat.

James didn’t pull up any trees but he was better than King today and ability wise is the better player of the two by a good distance. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Silva and James were no better at all but I just get sick of the sideways and backwards passing. Our central midfield just don't know how to go forward.

I’m one of Andy kings biggest fans but in the first minute he put a simple pass out for a throw in. 

Not good enough any more

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Well he did play well against Southampton, and saying that it's only because they were poor is ridiculous. No one played well today. We created absolutely nothing whilst wanting to keep possession. If there's no space going forward it's going to go sideways or backwards to try and draw space. 

I was saying he's been poor for 18 months. Yes Fleetwood made it difficult for him today. Opposition teams do that. But the players we have on our books should be able to break them down, or at least look forward, go for 50/50s, stretch play, keep up pace with League 1 journeymen. He couldn't do those things and that is why I struggle to see how he benefits us going forward. 

• Like 1

I don't get why we have to "Get rid". We need squad players and they (James, King) are happy to be part of the squad and not play every week. Ndidi, Silva and Iborra are our main 3 center mids, King and James provide backup.

• Like 3

Someone nailed it earlier around this loyalty and legend thing 

he was very effective and promising for a few years, specifically in league one. By keeping his head down and nose clean he has managed to stay here about 5-6 years too long and his been handsomely rewarded. Since then, Whenever he has been the senior partner in midfield he has failed to get hold of the game in any shape or form. He’s managed a few decent games when his partner and those around him have made up for his complete lack of conviction and dynamism. How anybody can think he has honestly been an asset since we got promoted is beyond me. 

Despite him being a great guy I’d imagine players hearts sink when they realise they are paired with him for a match

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Tuna said:

I don't get why we have to "Get rid". We need squad players and they (James, King) are happy to be part of the squad and not play every week. Ndidi, Silva and Iborra are our main 3 center mids, King and James provide backup.

Because some fvckers on here think we should have a bench of KDB and prime Roy Keane. X

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, pazzerfox said:

Matty James is better than King.  At least he puts himself about and is a presence.  King does not impact the game defensively or in attack and that is worrying from a central midfielder.

Didn't even notice James was playing yesterday apart from that one near interchange with Slim. At least King was in shot of the ball. We were awful yesterday but the fact is, if Matty James's name was Andy King, he'd be torn a new one in here for that performance.

Andy King's a decent player, a good lad, and can have an impact in the Premier League still at 29.

But he needs to realize he won't be here much longer if he continues to put in sub-par performances like that.

At his age and with his experience and the LCFC loyalty connection, one can, one should expect more influence, more activity, more creativity from a central midfielder.

All too often, all he does is jog along and maybe pop up occasionally for a moment up front.

He doesn't seem to like to take responsibility and that will be his downfall.

I do hope he has a change of heart and starts to be more dominant as a starter, otherwise I don't see why we should keep him any longer. As sad or heartless as it may sound.

James still has a slight excuse in my eyes for not living up to his true potential, having come back from a rather lengthy injury spell.

But King?

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Andy King's a decent player, a good lad, and can have an impact in the Premier League still at 28.

But he needs to realize he won't be here much longer if he continues to put in sub-par performances like that.

At his age and with his experience and the LCFC loyalty connection, one can, one should expect more influence, more activity, more creativity from a central midfielder.

All too often, all he does is jog along and maybe pop up occasionally for a moment up front.

I do hope he has a change of heart and starts to be more dominant as a starter, otherwise I don't see why we should keep him any longer. As sad or heartless as it may sound.

James still has a slight excuse in my eyes for not living up to his true potential, having come back from a rather lengthy injury spell.

But King?

Spot on!

29 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Andy King's a decent player, a good lad, and can have an impact in the Premier League still at 28.

But King?

He got outworked, outskilled, out everything by a league one outfit.

They just walked passed him at times.

No excuses for being shit, when your passed it, your passed it

5 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

He got outworked, outskilled, out everything by a league one outfit.

They just walked passed him at times.

No excuses for being shit, when your passed it, your passed it

But so did everybody else yesterday!

Nothing to do with King alone.

But like I said, he needs to up his ante a bit. He can still be a great asset to the team, but too often lets it slide.

12 hours ago, SystonFox said:

I’m one of Andy kings biggest fans but in the first minute he put a simple pass out for a throw in. 

Not good enough any more

Similar sentiment, like Kingy, but his first couple of touches were abysmal and thought that set the tone for the whole game. 

James was also poor, just shows are midfield cover is inadequate and we need to shift quite a few of the old guard out this summer. Most are on or past their sell by date. I'm talking Kingy, James, Morgan, Huth, Fuchs, Ulloa, and maybe a couple more. Think we will see a new squad being built over next year of so. 

12 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

But so did everybody else yesterday!

Nothing to do with King alone.

But like I said, he needs to up his ante a bit. He can still be a great asset to the team, but too often lets it slide.

The midfield is the engine, James is recovering, Silva is not match fit, Andy King was .....

The defence did ok, the attack had no service cus the midfield were shit.

There is no up his ante, that is Andy Kings best.  Him being a asset is in the dressing room, he is Leicester through and through but not good enough for the pitch

I absolutely love Kingy, but I think his time here should be coming to an end soon. Choudhury is capable of doing equally as good a job as Kingy can now, and as such needs to be bought through.

However, anybody saying he's done nothing for us since we've come up to the prem are kidding themselves. If he doesn't score that goal at home to West Ham, we probably go down - no champions league, no title win.

Yes, you can say that about any goal that season, but I'm just making the point that he has played his part. It is time for him to move on, but the criticism he receives is disrespectful and unfair in my view.

19 hours ago, lee7 said:

King in possession based games in training I would imagine he is amazing as he rarely gets the ball taken off of him.

The problem is that most of his passes are side ways or backwards or a long ball floated over the top landing in between the keepers box and the sideline. 

He just needs to take more risks with his forwards passing. Just look at Iborra, he tries a lot of through balls some don't come off & we lose possession but when they do he'll get the plaudits more so than King who just plays it 'safe' all game. 

and you can 100% bet your house and life savings that the same people who hate him will be straight back on here criticising him for losing the ball.