Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dannythefox

Andy King

2 minutes ago, MrsJohnMurphy said:

This forum is embarrassing sometimes, yes he's no longer first team, but perfectly adequate 5th or 6th choice as long as he's happy in that role.

He's basically our version of Swansea's Leon Britton nothing wrong with that. 

He may as well study towards having some coaching qualifications under his belt if he has no ambition to want to be considered in the first-team again, then.

I doubt Puel will be content to have someone in the squad that isn't working hard to try and improve themselves in training to try and make the manager consider whether they are good enough to return back to the fold of playing regularly.

Can see Puel, on reflection, urgently trying to sell Musa and Ulloa and have more adequate talent who are actually hungry to succeed.

He's become a cog in a machine.

When the team's playing well he's classy, composed and technically sound. However when the team's playing poorly he doesn't step up and grab a game by the scruff of its neck. I think that's where the criticism comes.

He'll never stand out for making mistakes or being truly dire (hence the 'anonymous' criticism he gets), but equally he'll never be the only shining light in a poor side or really dictate or dominate a game.

He's evolved as a player (probably just to survive in teams as we've gone up the levels) but unfortunately that's been away from the exciting goal-scoring midfielder that we saw in the Sven era.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Kingy is a total class act, he has been through everything with us and has 3 different league winners medals to prove it.

He has chipped in with a lot of crucial goals and assists throughout the years too, hes a vital name in our history and played a massive role in helping get us where we are today.

Unfortunately he hasnt been able to improved his game at the same rate the club and has fallen down the pecking order in recent years. 

He deserves a ****ing ton more respect than he recieves from some quarters.

• Like 2

It’s ultimately all about sentiment with Andy. 

I personally dont mind knocking around the squad...but it’s pretty clear, while he is far from a bad player, he isn’t quite up to playing for a team with ambitions of getting into Europe week in week out.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

It’s ultimately all about sentiment with Andy. 

I personally dont mind knocking around the squad...but it’s pretty clear, while he is far from a bad player, he isn’t quite up to playing for a team with ambitions of getting into Europe week in week out.

Agree... we have bigger issues than kingy 

4 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Andy King's a decent player, a good lad, and can have an impact in the Premier League still at 29.

But he needs to realize he won't be here much longer if he continues to put in sub-par performances like that.

At his age and with his experience and the LCFC loyalty connection, one can, one should expect more influence, more activity, more creativity from a central midfielder.

All too often, all he does is jog along and maybe pop up occasionally for a moment up front.

He doesn't seem to like to take responsibility and that will be his downfall.

I do hope he has a change of heart and starts to be more dominant as a starter, otherwise I don't see why we should keep him any longer. As sad or heartless as it may sound.

James still has a slight excuse in my eyes for not living up to his true potential, having come back from a rather lengthy injury spell.

But King?

Very rational. Although I think his chance to do those things was a long time ago 

If you watch kingy in the warm up there’s no better finisher in the side, if you watch him in actual game time he hits the corner flag or row z. 

The mans confidence is totally shot to pieces and if it doesn’t change very soon he will be moved on regardless of what he’s achieved or how long he’s been at the club!

• Like 1

Just now, Tringfox said:

If you watch kingy in the warm up there’s no better finisher in the side, if you watch him in actual game time he hits the corner flag or row z. 

The mans confidence is totally shot to pieces and if it doesn’t change very soon he will be moved on regardless of what he’s achieved or how long he’s been at the club!

well that's not true because he probably would have been shifted before now if the club thought like this. 

3 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

When the team's playing well he's classy, composed and technically sound. However when the team's playing poorly he doesn't step up and grab a game by the scruff of its neck. I think that's where the criticism comes.

He'll never stand out for making mistakes or being truly dire (hence the 'anonymous' criticism he gets), but equally he'll never be the only shining light in a poor side or really dictate or dominate a game.

He's evolved as a player (probably just to survive in teams as we've gone up the levels) but unfortunately that's been away from the exciting goal-scoring midfielder that we saw in the Sven era.

Spot on. Can't argue with that at all. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, F1_AN said:

2 in each campaign. Phenomenal 

West Ham in the 14/15 season. 2-1 win. Pretty crucial wouldn't you say?

Put us 2-0 up against Swansea in that run of wins that kept us up too.

I'd argue his goal in the 2-2 v West Brom in the title winning season was pretty important too.

19 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

This is spot on. He's a 'complimentary midfielder'. He'll play at the standard we're at so in that sense he's an ideal 4th/5th choice midfielder

11 hours ago, anotherharboroughfox said:

West Ham in the 14/15 season. 2-1 win. Pretty crucial wouldn't you say?

Put us 2-0 up against Swansea in that run of wins that kept us up too.

I'd argue his goal in the 2-2 v West Brom in the title winning season was pretty important too.

But we’re they so special that he was “instrumental”?  Did he influence any game in either season in a way no other bit part player could have. Or did he drive those performances?

6 minutes ago, F1_AN said:

But we’re they so special that he was “instrumental”?  Did he influence any game in either season in a way no other bit part player could have. Or did he drive those performances?

If we hadn't beaten West Ham (IE Kingy hadn't scored that goal no matter how shit it was), we would have most likely been relegated. No PL win. No European tour. So I'd say he was pretty "instrumental" yeah. 

King is more than able to be a squad player but the problem is when he plays alongside another average squad player like James. When he's in a strong XI with Iborra or Ndidi he's never half as bad as people make out. Is there room for both James and King in this squad? Maybe if we were back in the Championship.

• Like 1

I have no issue with him staying at the club, as long as he knows he won't start (even a cup game), and that he will be 5th / 6th choice in the squad.
If he came on with 15 mins to go when we are 2 or 3 up, I wouldn't be mad at that.

But to pick him as captain against Fleetwood was a joke and the way he 'lead' the team that day, again, was a joke.  
He's probably good to have around the club behind the scenes - his familiar face adds to that family feel that the club strive for.  But as a professional top flight player, he hasn't got it.  He never had it.  
Could see him leaving to a lower league team for a few seasons to end his playing career with some dignity.  He'd do ok in League 1 & might grab a few goals.  Wouldn't be surprised to see him back as a coach in some form, even at academy level in the future.  Everyone says how much of a 'top professional' he is - so maybe he's the sort of person who loves the training & all the stuff behind the scenes, and maybe it would be good for him & the club to have him here in a coaching / advisory / media / Alan Birchenall role in the future?  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ozvaldo said:

I have no issue with him staying at the club, as long as he knows he won't start (even a cup game), and that he will be 5th / 6th choice in the squad.
If he came on with 15 mins to go when we are 2 or 3 up, I wouldn't be mad at that.

But to pick him as captain against Fleetwood was a joke and the way he 'lead' the team that day, again, was a joke.  
He's probably good to have around the club behind the scenes - his familiar face adds to that family feel that the club strive for.  But as a professional top flight player, he hasn't got it.  He never had it.  
Could see him leaving to a lower league team for a few seasons to end his playing career with some dignity.  He'd do ok in League 1 & might grab a few goals.  Wouldn't be surprised to see him back as a coach in some form, even at academy level in the future.  Everyone says how much of a 'top professional' he is - so maybe he's the sort of person who loves the training & all the stuff behind the scenes, and maybe it would be good for him & the club to have him here in a coaching / advisory / media / Alan Birchenall role in the future?  

He's nowhere near as bad as you're making out. The problem is who he plays with. He's above average but must play alongside a strong defence and midfield otherwise he struggles. He's fine to be 4th choice.