Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dannythefox

Andy King

3 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Haha good wind up. 

I feel like Adrien Silva is 'near captain material'.  He did alright at Sporting.
Yes, it would have been his first start for us, and somewhat unorthodox, but he's a leader.  Just look at his history.  

11 minutes ago, ozvaldo said:

I feel like Adrien Silva is 'near captain material'.  He did alright at Sporting.
Yes, it would have been his first start for us, and somewhat unorthodox, but he's a leader.  Just look at his history.  

There's a reason no one that I can think of has been captain on their first start (but I'm sure somebody will correct me). 

Now let's have a look at King's captain credentials. Longest serving player that's seen it all with the club. Most apps. Captained the team every now and then since he was 22 against Man City in the FA Cup and possibly before that if I've forgotten it. Well known that he attends (or attended previously, no word since CP took over) meetings between senior players and management staff the last few years. 

Come on mate, it's a no brainer. 

3 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

On his Fleetwood performance:

He didn't shield the defence, he didn't break play up, he didn't keep the ball well, he didn't take anyone on, he didn't create anything and he didn't even get himself in the box.

Been a great servant but wouldn't get in most championship sides.

Yeh,  but apart from that,  he had a great game!.. 

What has Andy King ever done for us?... Splitter!!! 

40 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

There's a reason no one that I can think of has been captain on their first start (but I'm sure somebody will correct me). 

Now let's have a look at King's captain credentials. Longest serving player that's seen it all with the club. Most apps. Captained the team every now and then since he was 22 against Man City in the FA Cup and possibly before that if I've forgotten it. Well known that he attends (or attended previously, no word since CP took over) meetings between senior players and management staff the last few years. 

But all that stuff is either sentimental, in the past, and/or things that happen behind the scenes.  On the pitch, today, he is not good enough for our team if we wish to progress.  Like I say, I think his skills at this club would be better utilised behind the scenes / away from the field of play.  He's been a great servant and all the rest of it, and the majority of our bin head fans can't see past that, I get it.  But you can't tell me that Andy King should be in the squad of a Premier League team looking to get back into European football.  He is so un-influential, it's painful to watch.  He's a very 'safe' player and certainly not captain/leader material.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, EnglishOxide said:

1. Silva

2. Ndidi

3. Iborra

4. James

5. Choudhary

6. Mendy

7. King

I make King our 7th choice midfielder. I don't want to see him again this season. All our midfielders are fit and registered now.

Harsh but true, King is a passenger at this level and you can't have passengers in midfield at any level.

Why did King play if Choudhary is 2 places higher than him in the pecking order? And putting a player who LITERALLY DOESN'T PLAY FOR US ahead of him lol 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Pretty sure Matt Mills was captain on his first start... That worked out well!

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

All overridden by “least likely to set the tone/influence a game” 

Puel has to realise this second string cannot be trusted and needs a mix of first team players. Probably 5 minimum 

32 minutes ago, EnglishOxide said:

1. Silva

2. Ndidi

3. Iborra

4. James

5. Choudhary

6. Mendy

7. King

I make King our 7th choice midfielder. I don't want to see him again this season. All our midfielders are fit and registered now.

Harsh but true, King is a passenger at this level and you can't have passengers in midfield at any level.

You forgot Birchenall ?

1 hour ago, ozvaldo said:

But all that stuff is either sentimental, in the past, and/or things that happen behind the scenes.  On the pitch, today, he is not good enough for our team if we wish to progress.  Like I say, I think his skills at this club would be better utilised behind the scenes / away from the field of play.  He's been a great servant and all the rest of it, and the majority of our bin head fans can't see past that, I get it.  But you can't tell me that Andy King should be in the squad of a Premier League team looking to get back into European football.  He is so un-influential, it's painful to watch.  He's a very 'safe' player and certainly not captain/leader material.

You need safe workhorses though. He's not the sort of dynamo you want running a midfield, he's not a starter but as a deputy he's good - doesn't moan, comes in and does a job. He's not going to take a game by the scruff of the neck and change its course like a Gerrard, he's not that sort of player. What he will do is tidy up and help keep the side calm and ticking. Fine next to someone who can change a game, as the main man, no. There are players to look at replacing and positions to fill well before we talk about replacing king.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Ha! I knew there would be one. Tbf wasn't Mills captain at Reading previously in the same league so was a smoother transition. 

Transition? I don’t think transition is how you become a captain of a new team. Yeah he’d been a skipper before but that won’t have earnt him the complete respect of his new team mates. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Doctor said:

You need safe workhorses though. He's not the sort of dynamo you want running a midfield, he's not a starter but as a deputy he's good - doesn't moan, comes in and does a job. He's not going to take a game by the scruff of the neck and change its course like a Gerrard, he's not that sort of player. What he will do is tidy up and help keep the side calm and ticking. Fine next to someone who can change a game, as the main man, no. There are players to look at replacing and positions to fill well before we talk about replacing king.

People want 6 top quality central midfielders and assume they’ll all be happy. If he’s happy to play a limited role, then keep him.

Great post btw, and I’m not a King lover or hater. I just see a player who might be useful on the pitch a few times a season, but will most likely bring other things to the club.

8 hours ago, F1_AN said:

But we’re they so special that he was “instrumental”?  Did he influence any game in either season in a way no other bit part player could have. Or did he drive those performances?

Golden. Sol already pointed out the point I was making. No goal v West Ham = no title. Yes he's not a starting midfield wizard but he's a good player who's happy.

Not even mentioning the sway he'll hold in the dressing room with new players being the longest serving player etc. You've got to be a proper weirdo to think Kingy offers nothing to this club at all.

Lifted from Bentleys Roof. This is spot on

Last Saturdays captains

Both were in the LCFC academy.

One was retained, one was released.

One was inspirational, commanding, determined, brave, dangerous in the opposition penalty area & looked as if he wanted to further his career. The other totally anonymous, cowardly, set the tone for the team's 
dismal performance, going through the motions as if he had no ambition in his body, rarely got in to attacking positions.

One is paid probably around 60k per week, the other probably gets a fish & six.

Make your own mind up which description fits which player.

• Thanks 2