Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dannythefox

Andy King

7 minutes ago, Babylon said:

He's a legend for some based on how long he's been here rather than what he's actually done on the pitch though surely. I mean, we could call Conrad a legend based on that.

King will never, ever be a Leicester legend in my eyes. Good pro, good servent, but he's no more of a "legend" that De Laet to me. Did a decent job but ultimately not good enough.

Many may, understandably, disagree here.

I see him as a legend as Gerrard is to Liverpool (albeit no CL triumph) imo; he's helped the club through the bad times, and has risen throughout the league's along with the club.

He's hardly a player that has been 'unlucky' when the club achieved a lot with Pearson and Ranieri when he was in the side or thereabouts.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

3 hours ago, F1_AN said:

Lifted from Bentleys Roof. This is spot on

Last Saturdays captains

Both were in the LCFC academy.

One was retained, one was released.

One was inspirational, commanding, determined, brave, dangerous in the opposition penalty area & looked as if he wanted to further his career. The other totally anonymous, cowardly, set the tone for the team's 
dismal performance, going through the motions as if he had no ambition in his body, rarely got in to attacking positions.

One is paid probably around 60k per week, the other probably gets a fish & six.

Make your own mind up which description fits which player.

Shame Bolger was good without being anything special but someone chose to listen towards the incredibly, sick bag Fleetwood BBC TV commentary. 

15 minutes ago, polarbear said:

not really sure you understand the concept of a sqaud

who else are we going to have as our 5/6th choice CM? don't revert to chauodry or some other nonsense.

Unless you have a decent suggestion, back in your box

How is your comment relevant to me pointing out Swansea don’t need a player like King to save them?

1 minute ago, ScouseFox said:

one of the worst of you 40 thousand posts on here, and that's saying something 

3rd choice centre mid in our promotion season and 3rd or 4th choice CM in our premier league seasons. Sure it's a nice story that he won all three divisions, but I feel like that would have happened whether he was here or not. If he's a legend to you, or someone else then that's up to you... but for me, never.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Babylon said:

He's a legend for some based on how long he's been here rather than what he's actually done on the pitch though surely. I mean, we could call Conrad a legend based on that.

King will never, ever be a Leicester legend in my eyes. Good pro, good servent, but he's no more of a "legend" that De Laet to me. Did a decent job but ultimately not good enough.

:o Go and grab a bar of soap and gargle, young man... 

• Haha 1

King is a club legend, you play this many games for a team, be involved in two promotions and a Premier League title then you are. He isn't good enough for us now but that's all to do with the progress we have made none of us could envisage a few years ago, anyone wanting to "move him on" is talking nonsense, solid professional, never complains and always committed to putting a shift in.

Bolger is crap and Jonathan Pearce getting excited about him knocking another free header into the crowd was weird. He did it about three times and it was supposed to scare us.

Nothing else needs to be said.

5 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Many may, understandably, disagree here.

I see him as a legend as Gerrard is to Liverpool (albeit no CL triumph) imo; he's helped the club through the bad times, and has risen throughout the league's along with the club.

He's hardly a player that has been 'unlucky' when the club achieved a lot with Pearson and Ranieri when he was in the side or thereabouts.

Gerrard.... don't see the comparison really. One of the countries finest players, captain, playing every game he could, declined big money moves. Compared to a sub that nobody wanted to buy ;)

Look, if people think he's a legend all power to them. But growing up my legends had a bit more about them.

• Like 3

Like almost everyone, he was shit against Fleetwood but that in no way detracts from his status as a club legend for me. Been with the club from its lowest ever finish to its highest, came through the academy to win the Premier League and play in the Champions League, scored in every season he's been here and became our highest-scoring midfielder in the process. Not really sure what more you want from him. He's not good enough to feature regularly in the team now but that doesn't have any bearing on what he and the club have achieved in his time here.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Gerrard.... don't see the comparison really. One of the countries finest players, captain, playing every game he could, declined big money moves. Compared to a sub that nobody wanted to buy ;)

Look, if people think he's a legend all power to them. But growing up my legends had a bit more about them.

who would you have as your club legends then? do they all have:

more goals than king?

more apps than king? 

less clubs than king? 

more trophies than king? 

i'd wager all of them tick probably one of those boxes each, at most. if any at all. 

the biggest legend this club will ever have. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, polarbear said:

not really sure you understand the concept of a sqaud

who else are we going to have as our 5/6th choice CM? don't revert to chauodry or some other nonsense.

Unless you have a decent suggestion, back in your box

Alright Conrad.

41 minutes ago, F1_AN said:

I’m comparing the impact king had on the day to Bolger. If I’m wrong and King was more influential then I’ll have to hold up my hands. But let’s not pretend King had an off day. He had a normal day based on the last couple of seasons. And that off day was against a team many on here believe is below his natural level.  

By the way I wasn’t trolling, I genuinely believe he should have been offloaded after the great escape season. I don’t think he has anything to offer on the pitch

If you refer to the addition of the word caterpillar, I was simply following your logic of adding worm to the end of your message.  

What did Bolger actually do in the game?

8 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

What was Bolger's impact on the game as a whole then? 

He was more noticable in the game, was a threat from corners and set pieces. He also defended well against an international striker. I'm not saying hes a world class defender but overall in the game he made a postitive impact. Out of the 2 captains Bolger had the better game. Also the motm was one of there midfielders, which again shows king up. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

He was more noticable in the game, was a threat from corners and set pieces. He also defended well against an international striker. I'm not saying hes a world class defender but overall in the game he made a postitive impact. Out of the 2 captains Bolger had the better game. Also the motm was one of there midfielders, which again shows king up. 

But where did those corners go? His impact on the score line was to keep a clean sheet, the same as King being the deepest midfielder. Their midfielder won MOTM cos he broke up play, rarely going beyond the half way line. 

Its a stupid comparison to make with Bolger because they both failed to positively impact the score line. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

lol

On the back of just being good enough to not be bombed out of the club and not being good enough for someone to actually want to buy him.  Some of our players haven't been lucky enough to play in league one, where he picked up one fifth of all his goals. He hasn't been a managers regular first choice pick for what, 6 years?

Each to their own, but not for me.

And probably very low comparative wages for the most part too. Andy King is not a legend, I wholeheartedly agree with you. He isn't close to being a legend!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Their midfielder won MOTM cos he broke up play, rarely going beyond the half way line. 

Again king never did that - breaking up play. King is an international midfielder but if you'd of watched the game and not known what colour the Prem side was in you'd think fleetwood were. Overall as a team we were shit but even kings biggest fans must be struggling to defend him.