Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dannythefox

Andy King

Something tells me the gits moaning about Andy King being undeserving of anything other than a cursory glance and a floppy handshake are spotty teenagers who were fiddling with their pokemonsters amongst other things whilst the rest of us were praying our stay in League 1 would be over in a footballing flash.

Andy King was instrumental in that season and has been a welcome totem upon whom we can trace our collective journey throughout all the myriad of upheavals in the past decade. For his commitment and perserverence alone he deserves recognition above that would ordinarily be anointed.

Andy King, we love your many faces, and I for one will be recalling your name for many years to come.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Again king never did that - breaking up play. King is an international midfielder but if you'd of watched the game and not known what colour the Prem side was in you'd think fleetwood were. Overall as a team we were shit but even kings biggest fans must be struggling to defend him. 

I just think the Bentley’s Roof post was nonsense because Fleetwood nor Bolger were that good other than battling away

I don't get why some consider Steve Walsh a legend but not Kingy, both long serving (Walsh 450 appearances, 87 in the Prem. King 378 appearances, 83 in the Prem), high scoring (for their positions), loyal, LCFC loving footballers, who were very effective in the lower divisions.

Walshy wasn't that great in the Prem, neither is King but at least he won the damn thing

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MrsJohnMurphy said:

I don't get why some consider Steve Walsh a legend but not Kingy, both long serving (Walsh 450 appearances, 87 in the Prem. King 378 appearances, 83 in the Prem), high scoring (for their positions), loyal, LCFC loving footballers, who were very effective in the lower divisions.

Walshy wasn't that great in the Prem, neither is King but at least he won the damn thing

Walsh didn't go missing in games and lead from the front as a captain. With king especially in the Prem you forget hes playing. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Walsh didn't go missing in games and lead from the front as a captain. With king especially in the Prem you forget hes playing. 

Walsh could go missing for several games at a time... usually after, shall we say, expressing his displeasure at opposition players...

6 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

You definitely don't if you're on here; this place goes into meltdown

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

I think it's all relative to how you class a legend! 

To me a legend, someone who I'd sit and tell my son or grand children about, it's a moment when a player craved he's name into the club's rich history!

Tony James winner to keep us up against Oxford! 

Rooster Russell, cult hero, I will never forget walking to Upton park to watch us against Carlton with what seemed like 100 of grown men dressed as rooster! 

Or Stevie Claridge shinning it in against Palace at Wembley! 

Vardy breaking the record against Man U! 

Kings has served the club well, but I can't see myself, telling the grandkids the story of Andy King in in 10, 15, 20 years time! 

The man who was with us from lifting the league 1 title to the premier league title? I'll definitely be speaking of that in the years to come.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CollinsLCFC said:

The man who was with us from lifting the league 1 title to the premier league title? I'll definitely be speaking of that in the years to come.

The story about how he even got into a title winning side on the odd occasion? Who was this imposter. Kids, this sh!t cnut was Andy 'sidepass' king

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, CollinsLCFC said:

If he'd been a first 11 player I'd get it... but how integral was his part in winning the prem?

It's a good stat and will get trotted out, but without being a regular it takes the shine off the "achievement".

The term “legend” is massively overused these days, there are many things I would call Andy King but legend isn’t one I’m afraid!

He has however served the club very well over the years and I think now is the time for him for a new challenge.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

If he'd been a first 11 player I'd get it... but how integral was his part in winning the prem?

It's a good stat and will get trotted out, but without being a regular it takes the shine off the "achievement".

I know he wasn't an integral part nor a regular starter. But he has the premier league's winners medal to add to his collection which he accomplished with us. He contributed and helped the team deliver. To stick with the team and for us to stick by him for that success, is an amazing feat.

That being said, I may contradict myself by saying Im not the biggest fan of his abilities and what he now brings to the squad, but let's be honest what he has achieved with us is remarkable in modern football and he goes down as a legend.

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Shove on the O'Neill years DVD and you'd know why. Or your old VHS of the little years.

CB turned centre forward, horrific injuries battling back to score two at Wembley to get promoted after heart break the years before. That Derby moment alone is a personally more iconic moment than King had ever conjoured up

The pass to Muzzy against Palace, header to claridge at hilsborough, scoring in the comback at against Swindon, scoring THAT goal in one of the best games in premier history against Arsenal.

You look back he was involved in almost every iconic moment from that period of time. The amount of headers that lead to iconic goals by others or goals of his own are unbelievable. 

I thought you would bite  :kissing:.  He still weren't great in the top flight.....like King

20 minutes ago, Babylon said:

You’re acting like he picked up the odd sub appearance here and there - he played 25 Times (13th most minutes in the squad).

As for your later point about Walsh’s goal against Derby being more iconic than anything King has done well that’s a matter of opinion. As somebody not really following football when Walsh scored but a STH from League 1 to today, seeing an Academy graduate of 9 years’ service score in the pouring rain on the day we lifted the PL title means a lot more to me personally and I suspect the same could be said for a number of fans who started going in the   dismal years which followed the stadium move.

Edited by ttfn

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Shove on the O'Neill years DVD and you'd know why. Or your old VHS of the little years.

CB turned centre forward, horrific injuries battling back to score two at Wembley to get promoted after heart break the years before. That Derby moment alone is a personally more iconic moment than King had ever conjoured up

Personally. Exactly. To you that's more iconic than anything kings done, to many it wouldn't. 

One of the images that most comes to mind when I think of city is king celebrating scoring what turned out to be the winner in the pinnacle of this clubs history (the day we lifted the title) in front of a made in Leicester advertising hoarding. It might actually be my favourite sporting photograph, to me it's iconic of the club as a whole and where it came from.

Lowest point to highest point in eight years and king was there and involved for all of it. Anyone who doesn't consider him a legend needs their head testing.

• Like 1

The arguments about who's a legend is pointless with a few exceptions they'll never be agreement.

It goes from a player who signed someones programme etc and said nice things to them when they were a kid to someone doing some spectacular individual act to someone who's served and had an impact on the club and the only thing that's consistent about it is that it's entirely subjective.

As for King still being picked well that's down to the manager and if they feel he can do a job better than anyone else that's available then so be it.

I really can't see anyone's getting anything out of this topic no one is going to change their minds 15 pages proves that.

Every player is marmite to some degree.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, ttfn said:

You’re acting like he picked up the odd sub appearance here and there - he played 25 Times (13th most minutes in the squad).

As for your later point about Walsh’s goal against Derby being more iconic than anything King has done well that’s a matter of opinion. As somebody not really following football when Walsh scored but a STH from League 1 to today, seeing an Academy graduate of 9 years’ service score in the pouring rain on the day we lifted the PL title means a lot more to me personally and I suspect the same could be said for a number of fans who started going in the   dismal years which followed the stadium move.

He played about 400 more minutes than a man who spent most of the season on loan at boro, we barely changed the team all year. He started just 9 games and two of them were dead rubbers at the end of the season. God schlupp played about 400 more minutes and I doubt people are up his arse. 

Yes, it's opinion as I've stated times. But as someone who was there for both, King scoring in a dead rubber doesn't really compare to someone scoring at Wembley (twice) against local rivals when we were big underdogs and getting promoted for the first time in god knows how long, for me.

If someone has an avatar of King scoring a goal against Everton as their avatar in 20+ years I'd be surprised. That Walsh image is as an iconic picture as you'll get and that speaks volumes of the moment. 

Look, as I keep saying if people think he's a legend then that's fine. It's all subjective. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, davieG said:

The arguments about who's a legend is pointless with a few exceptions they'll never be agreement.

It goes from a player who signed someones programme etc and said nice things to them when they were a kid to someone doing some spectacular individual act to someone who's served and had and impact on the club and the only thing that's consistent about it is that it's entirely subjective.

As for King still being picked well that's down to the manager and if they feel he can do a job better than anyone else that's available then so be it.

I really can't see anyone's getting anything out of this topic no one is going to change their minds 15 pages proves that.

Every player is marmite to some degree.

It's that why football is so fantastic, because it generates debate and opinion.

18 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Personally. Exactly.

Yes, exactly and that's why I keep saying "to me", "for me", "in my opinion,  "personally" etc. It's you lot getting your panties in a twist. 

If we'd needed to win that game then it would be iconic for me, but the title was won whether he played or not. The title got lifted whether he was on the pitch or not, and for me that sort of sums up his career here. 

Obviously to those starved of iconic games and moments as people of your age are, these things are going to stand out more. Someone like Davie has iconic moments from the 60's and 70's that mean nothing to me, but to him they are more iconic that Walsh or King. I was lucky to have live through and had season tickets for two lots of "glory years".

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

It's that why football is so fantastic, because it generates debate and opinion.

Oh I agree but sometimes you need to recognise that flogging a dead horse and repeating the same argument means it's no longer a debate worth reading or contributing too.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, somebum said:

All this nonsense about him being a 'servant'.:rolleyes:

I don’t even know what it means. He’s been payed millions over the years for a team he’s not been good enough to start for for something like 4+ seasons. If anyone’s been serving anyone, between the club and King, it’s the other way round.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

some time ago a proposed "foxinsock's law" saying the longer any ft thread goes the more likely it is that  someone will mention nigel pearson.  (See what I just did there). This thread is about king - yet his ability/loyalty/service etc seem to surface in many threads.  I think we know who and what King is.  He's ours; and if the club want to pay him then where's the harm - we have bigger priorities - give king a  break.  

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

The pass to Muzzy against Palace, header to claridge at hilsborough, scoring in the comback at against Swindon, scoring THAT goal in one of the best games in premier history against Arsenal.

You look back he was involved in almost every iconic moment from that period of time. The amount of headers that lead to iconic goals by others or goals of his own are unbelievable. 

Not forgetting the last ditch clearances of the line I’d hate to think of how many