Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dannythefox

Andy King

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

I don't get how this thread has gone on so long... It's getting boring now

Because people keep on posting shite like he's not been consistent since league one.

You can think he is 5th choice in midfield whilst still appreciating everything he has done for this club and continues to do. Legends come in many ways, but normally 10 successful years, 60+ goals from midfield and a pretty full trophy cabinet is enough. Obviously the not for the delusions of grandeur in the Leicester city fan base.

• Like 4

I'm sure this has been said many a time in here, but there's a difference between club legend and effective player at the current time. 

He is undoubtably a club legend. 

He is also undoubtably not good enough for a top half premier league team any more. 

Great to still have him here but if he starts again for us in the prem it's a big sign we need to strengthen imo. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Just because there are now superior players in his position doesn't stop him being a club legend.

10th in the club's all-time appearances.

Joint 18th in the club's all-time scorers.

Most international caps while at Leicester (44)

Won Leauge One

Won the Championship

Won the Premier League

Played in the Quarter Finals of the Champions League

OF COURSE that makes him a legend. WTF MORE do you want?!?!

A good player who has actually been first choice in the last 6 years?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Babylon said:

A good player who has actually been first choice in the last 6 years?

Why? Why does having signed better detract from what he has done.

If he left after the great escape or even the season that we won the Championship for first team football a lot of people would argue he would be leaving a legend. 6-7 years 50 goals from an academy graduate (more than Izzett). The fact he has stayed and contributed goals and starts in every premier league season, and continues to be a big part of the dressing room just adds to his legendary status. 

54 minutes ago, Captain... said:

Why? Why does having signed better detract from what he has done.

If he left after the great escape or even the season that we won the Championship for first team football a lot of people would argue he would be leaving a legend. 6-7 years 50 goals from an academy graduate (more than Izzett). The fact he has stayed and contributed goals and starts in every premier league season, and continues to be a big part of the dressing room just adds to his legendary status. 

Andy King deserves an awful lot of respect for what he's done for the club and what he's achieved on a national and international level.

Still wouldn't want to put him on a golden pedestal like you do. Legends are part of a selected few, otherwise we'd talking about players being on that level on a far more regular basis.

Again, your use of the term "legend" proves that the criteria/term is being diluted by people's personal feelings towards a player.

The criteria in itself is thus losing its value. I don't see that as a good thing.

Edited by MC Prussian

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

Andy King deserves an awful lot of respect for what he's done for the club and what he's achieved on a national and international level.

Still wouldn't want to put him on a golden pedestal like you do. Legends are part of a selected few, otherwise we'd talking about players being on that level on a far more regular basis.

Again, your use of the term "legend" proves that the criteria/term is being diluted by people's personal feelings towards a player.

The criteria in itself is thus losing its value. I don't see that as a good thing.

He's not on a golden pedestal I've said that he is now 5th choice but his first 6 seasons at the club he was phenomenal. An academy player plays for same club for 11 seasons, scores in every season, plays 20+ games every season including three title winning seasons and playing in the last 16 of the champions league.

When you are part of a club for that long you become a legend for more than your footballing ability. 11 seasons at one club in this era is legendary. Yes he is now 5th choice in midfield, but he will be there ready when we need him because he loves this club. What more do you want from your legendas, I mean apart from all the appearances, goals, trophies.

6 minutes ago, Captain... said:

He's not on a golden pedestal I've said that he is now 5th choice but his first 6 seasons at the club he was phenomenal. An academy player plays for same club for 11 seasons, scores in every season, plays 20+ games every season including three title winning seasons and playing in the last 16 of the champions league.

When you are part of a club for that long you become a legend for more than your footballing ability. 11 seasons at one club in this era is legendary. Yes he is now 5th choice in midfield, but he will be there ready when we need him because he loves this club. What more do you want from your legendas, I mean apart from all the appearances, goals, trophies.

Erm... if you say so.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, M0901 said:

Who are the clubs?

Just check our previous managerial history, look at who's still active as manager, then deduct the following:

QPR (Holloway)

OH Leuven (Pearson)

Tianjin Quanjian (Sousa)

FC Nantes (Ranieri)

or 

Sunderland AFC (Coleman)

There's three teams on there I can see as being realistic.

Edited by MC Prussian

King as we all know is a loyal player who has been with us through the highs and the lows.

But now as 5th or 6th choice midfielder it’s the right time for him to move on.

We need a strong bench/20 players as the club moves forward to target a European place, King doesn’t make the grade anymore.

He no longer fits into what we are now trying to achieve.

Sentiment has to be put aside and  this will be best for both parties but Kings Loyalty like Ranieri winning is our only Premier League Trophy and Morgan lifting the said title....some things will never be forgotten....but things move on.

King will do a job at a top half championship club but that now is his level.

On 12/01/2018 at 20:31, Colourmy said:

No, I didn't. It's relative in many ways, in fact, every way but the money and hours.

Well not really, a footballers career is what 12-14 years. So to be at club for 10 years is the equivalent of spending 35 years at a company.

• Like 1

Should he go, which I very much doubt, he won’t be afforded the leeway he gets here for his ineffective performances. I’d say he would revert to the bench pretty quickly wherever he goes as he just doesn’t have the dynamism to run or even help run a midfield. God help Sunderland if they think he can help them. Unless they are planning for league one that is. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

Holloway and Coleman I'd guess but he can do so much better than both of them

I don't know what's more amusing - Andy King being labelled as a "legend" or people thinking he's top-half Championship or even lower-Premier League starter material.

As a great manager once said: Delusions of grandeur.

• Like 3