Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dannythefox

Andy King

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

This is fair and imo a good comment/Post ...

but I would also like to add, IMO over the last 2 seasons, hes been asked to do a job in individual games, that never were in his skill set. Ndidi, DD, James, and Kante could play on the backfoot, but also struggled themselves occasionally in a 2 man midfield even in the title season. King can cover and support within a defensive game, but hes far better when the teams are set up to go forward and not to hold. Maybe his last top games for us,

were the Everton /Swansea games in our title season.

He played well in the Wales shirt except

When Coleman gave him more DM duties. He could play an Holding CM, but not infront of the penalty area for 90mins.

Taking last season, even with Ndidi, we have never really found such a player,... DD, Ndidi, Amartey, etc were always too deep which we shown when we couldnt defend consistently through an whole game.This season against Manu, a midfield with only James and Ndidi is not enough, when the tendency from the offset is to play off the backfoot.

If you start King, you have  to use him as an attacking Midfieldno10, who can/should  cover, but not the other way around. If hes consistently around the oppos box hes a damn good player, if he is expected to play majority of the game, the defensive side of the halfway line, hes

Lost...like I said..IMHO.

I rate him, but even  good coaches have Miscalculated  his strengths at times.

For example , I believe he would be a good player in the  Bournemouths set up.

That said I am more than happy hes 'our Andy King', and hope he Finishes his career with us, and finds no need or is not pushed, to have Cameos elsewhere. Last  season was poor, turgid for all  our so called mainstay players.

With our new players, he could well find a new lease of life, coming off the bench, , and give a performance, is part and partial of being in that, not 1st 11, but 1st 14-15 set up.

Hes not been our top player, but always been for me a top...'club player' which also carries,

its/their own set of values....and valuation.

That's a fair point. When he came in for the West Brom game, due to Kante's absence, Ranieri said "he needs to be Andy King, not Ngolo Kante." But it was inevitable that he was going to go into a side which needed an Ngolo Kante to function properly, rather than a King. This has obviously been his problem for a long time - the game requires him to serve someone else's function, so he's caught between being Andy King - to the detriment of the team - or trying to be a ball-winner like Kante / Ndidi, or maybe a box-to-box sort like Drinkwater, and coming across as an inferior version of one or the other.

In this respect, it's the same problem that Amartey struggled with. By way of contrast, Ndidi is an example (or at least he was when he first came into the side) of someone who was a round peg in a round hole. Hopefully Silva will be the same.

I suspect everyone at the club knows that if we work more to King's strengths it could do a lot for his game. I'd agree that he's been better for us when he's further up the pitch, even though he excelled in a deep role for Wales yesterday. The problem is that we've got better alternatives, and alternatives who are better suited to our game, so there's no real need to build something different around King.

But since he's been marginalised at Leicester, It's true that we've seen better things from him in attacking situations. He can participate in the high press, manage possession well, make those runs into the box - and it doesn't show up his shortcomings so badly. For instance, that he doesn't always screen the defence well, struggles to pick out opposition runs into the box, loses crucial 50-50s and lacks the quickness of vision to turn defence into attacks.

The Wales game yesterday brought the best out of his defensive game because there were more bodies in midfield and he could focus on a specific purpose, namely breaking up play by getting into Alaba, something which I'm sure the Leicester management took heed of. But unless we're about to shake up the system, it'd make sense to see him in more offensive roles.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

That's a fair point. When he came iern for the West Brom game, due to  Kante's absence, Ranieri said "he needs to be Andy King, not Ngolo Kante." But it was inevitable that he was going to go into a side which needed an Ngolo Kante to function properly, rather than a King. This has obviously been his problem for a long time - the game requires him to serve someone else's function, so he's caught between being Andy King - to the detriment of the team - or trying to be a ball-winner like Kante / Ndidi, or maybe a box-to-box sort like Drinkwater, and coming across as an inferior version of one or the other.

In this respect, it's the same problem that Amartey struggled with. By way of contrast, Ndidi is an example (or at least he was when he first came into the side) of someone who was a round peg in a round hole. Hopefully Silva will be the same.

I suspect everyone at the club knows that if we work more to King's strengths it could do a lot for his game. I'd agree that he's been better for us when he's further up the pitch, even though he excelled in a deep role for Wales yesterday. The problem is that we've got better alternatives, and alternatives who are better suited to our game, so there's no real need to build something different around King.

But since he's been marginalised at Leicester, It's true that we've seen better things from him in attacking situations. He can participate in the high press, manage possession well, make those runs into the box - and it doesn't show up his shortcomings so badly. For instance, that he doesn't always screen the defence well, struggles to pick out opposition runs into the box, loses crucial 50-50s and lacks the quickness of vision to turn defence into attacks.

The Wales game yesterday brought the best out of his defensive game because there were more bodies in midfield and he could focus on a specific purpose, namely breaking up play by getting into Alaba, something which I'm sure the Leicester management took heed of. But unless we're about to shake up the system, it'd make sense to see him in more offensive roles.

Hinkley & New Parks coaching mentors, for Andy King...W're too clever and cool  for this ramshackle lot..:cool: 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sylofox said:

King has been the ultimate servant to our club. But as the saying goes your a long time dead. Andy go play football week in week out you deserve it. One of the best.

IMO a legend, he has been loyal to our club, I believe we should keep him though, he puts a shift in every time he plays 

If Andy King is happy to stay and he isn't preventing someone else from having a spot in the prem list he should be allowed to stay, he is still a very useful player to have coming off the bench and should we ever get a manager that isn't obsessed with 442 would be very good in a 3 man midfield IMO

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Johnthefoxrayner said:

IMO a legend, he has been loyal to our club, I believe we should keep him though, he puts a shift in every time he plays 

So you don't think it would be good for him to go and finish his career playing every week.

Once his times up that's it. I regret packing up and only played park football. I'm not slagging him off but it does say it's the money not the game if he stays here. And we need better so his chances will become less and less.

33 minutes ago, sylofox said:

So you don't think it would be good for him to go and finish his career playing every week.

Once his times up that's it. I regret packing up and only played park football. I'm not slagging him off but it does say it's the money not the game if he stays here. And we need better so his chances will become less and less.

King could put a transfer request in at any time, if king wants to play regular why has he not put in for a transfer request, he must be happy at Leicester, I call that being loyal. 

19 hours ago, Innovindil said:

The thing that really winds me up is a lot of people complain that there is no loyalty in football anymore, then in the next breath berate King for not having "ambition". I think he'd easily get into some of the higher championship teams, maybe even into some of the lesser Premier league teams. 

Maybe, like us, he just loves Leicester city. 

And I love Andy King. Long may he stay here. :scarf:

I agree that its nice the loyalty is shown in modern football but you also have the argument of why would he leave?

Would any team in the top 15 want him? Probably not

would be a good 1st team player for a team battling relegation like he was for us 2 yrs ago. (He was immense in the run in for us)

So out of the bottom 5 is it realistic that king would want to leave us for them. Once again probably not under the circumstances.

This was not written to belittle or understate who King is, I personally would also love him to stay but only as a fill in player for a few games a season and rate him as massive role model. 

Bur, for me, the term loyalty isnt something I personally would associate with King. If a team would come in for him and he stayed then thats loyalty imo. 

31 minutes ago, Swarles Barkley said:

I agree that its nice the loyalty is shown in modern football but you also have the argument of why would he leave?

Would any team in the top 15 want him? Probably not

would be a good 1st team player for a team battling relegation like he was for us 2 yrs ago. (He was immense in the run in for us)

So out of the bottom 5 is it realistic that king would want to leave us for them. Once again probably not under the circumstances.

This was not written to belittle or understate who King is, I personally would also love him to stay but only as a fill in player for a few games a season and rate him as massive role model. 

Bur, for me, the term loyalty isnt something I personally would associate with King. If a team would come in for him and he stayed then thats loyalty imo. 

If you remember didn't Everton come in for him and that wasn't that long ago. I could be wrong 

6 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Always gets me how people question his "ambition". He's won the Premier League, played Champions League football and played in a Euro 2016 semi-final FFS. 95% of footballers would kill to have achieved that, especially by his age, and do so with the same club is unheard of these days. Why would he want to leave?

Would people seriously be applauding a decision (he'll hopefully never make) to leave just so he can start 200 times for Stoke or Watford or some shit before retiring?

Bigger legend who's achieved more in football than Muzzy Izzet :ph34r:

He's no more than an average midfielder but he played superbly v Sheffield United, almost scored after coming on v Man United and according to the Sky co-commentator turned the game for Wales v Austria. Kingy is a man in form. Get him in against Chelsea.

On 03/09/2017 at 14:20, sylofox said:

If he's settled around Leicester, happy at work and earning more than enough money to see him and his family comfortable for many years, why on earth would he leave. He's played his football, he still makes matchday squads and gets game time. He's highly regarded at the club by players, management and supporters. He's won more than he ever would have imagined with this club. He still gets minutes for Wales too. 

Would you risk unsettling your family and leaving 'home' to earn a similar amount of money, risk being less happy at work with unknown management/colleagues, be at risk of moving again in another couple of years? I certainly wouldn't and that doesn't show lack of ambition. 

Maybe he's in it for the money... or maybe he's just extremely happy where his is in life right now.

• Like 4