Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dannythefox

Andy King

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

I don't know what's more amusing - Andy King being labelled as a "legend" or people thinking he's top-half Championship or even lower-Premier League starter material.

As a great manager once said: Delusions of grandeur.

We really do have some of the most spoilt and ungrateful fans in the country.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

I don't know what's more amusing - Andy King being labelled as a "legend" or people thinking he's top-half Championship or even lower-Premier League starter material.

Why is it amusing?

He's played 90 minutes in wins against Southampton  (1 goal), Leeds and Sheffield United (1 assist) top half championship clubs/lower premier league clubs. He also played 90 minutes in a valiant defeat to Liverpool, a poor draw against Huddersfield (1 assist) and 120 minutes against Man City (lost on penalties).

Yes he was also shite against Bournemouth and Watford, that's why he isn't first choice. Similar last season played in some important wins, 4-2 vs Man City (1 goal) 2 Champions league wins and 45 minutes against Atl Madrid. He was also poor in some games. He lacks consistency but then he isn't consistently in the team.

I don't see why he couldn't play for top half championship clubs/lower premier league clubs. Stoke, West Brom, Huddersfield, Swansea, Newcastle, Brighton would all benefit from a goal scoring midfielder and he would benefit getting a regular first team place, either PL or Championship. The last time he had a regular starting place he was named in the PFA team of the championship (2011), finishing the season with 15 goals. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, anotherharboroughfox said:

It's pure banter that some people think we should replace hime with a european quality CM. What genuine quality CM is going to come and sit 5th choice at Leicester without kicking up a fuss in the dressing room? Genuinely? Who?

We will need a decent 5th choice midfielder next season if we have Europa Cup football.

If Amartey or Choudhury get ahead of King then his time here is over. If we get a cash offer for King then maybe it might be best for all concerned that he moves on for first team football. I suspect though any interest in him at the moment is a loan.

31 minutes ago, Strokes said:

We really do have some of the most spoilt and ungrateful fans in the country.

There's a fine line between implying a player is currently where he should be and where he actually is.

I'm not saying Andy King is useless, far from it. I'm simply convinced he is underperforming.

And if he really wants first-team football, why not going out on loan to QPR or Sunderland? He knows what it's like to get out of precarious situations in the table or push forward towards the top in that league.

If he really wants to fight for his place, now that we've got such terrific competition, he ought to seek the challenge. He's 29, he's got many good years still ahead of him! Four more months in the Championship, get some games under his belt, come back stronger for our summer pre-season.

But this type of fandom is slightly getting out of hand by becoming rather irrational.

Edited by MC Prussian

Guest Harrydc

How can people seriously not consider this guy a club legend? Who's a legend, Mahrez? The guy that handed in a transfer request or King who's been here his whole career?

5 minutes ago, Harrydc said:

How can people seriously not consider this guy a club legend? Who's a legend, Mahrez? The guy that handed in a transfer request or King who's been here his whole career?

Mahrez has done infinitely more for this club than King.

I've certainly got no axe to grind with Andy King as he's been a great servant for the club but club legend status should be reserved for great players of the club not squad players otherwise Conrad Logan could be another club legend.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Harrydc said:

I really don’t understand how you can compare Andy King with Mahrez. King has been a decent  player for us but mediocre at best, certainly not a legend!

Mahrez on his day is world class..that’s the difference!

5 minutes ago, Tringfox said:

I really don’t understand how you can compare Andy King with Mahrez. King has been a decent  player for us but mediocre at best, certainly not a legend!

Mahrez on his day is world class..that’s the difference!

Andy King was not mediocre, he was voted our player of the season, twice, top scorer once, he was the best we had for years. We now have better, but that doesn't take away from what he did for us.

23 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Mahrez has done infinitely more for this club than King.

King has scored more goals, played in more wins and won more titles than Mahrez, have they changed the meaning of infinitely? He has also missed fewer penalties, tried to manufacture no moves out of the club and never, and this is the most important, never died his hair blonde!

Mahrez is a genius and a much better footballer than King and if he is still here 6 years later he will be a legend like King too.

• Like 1

On 1/10/2018 at 15:55, Wymeswold fox said:

Many may, understandably, disagree here.

I see him as a legend as Gerrard is to Liverpool (albeit no CL triumph) imo; he's helped the club through the bad times, and has risen throughout the league's along with the club.

He's hardly a player that has been 'unlucky' when the club achieved a lot with Pearson and Ranieri when he was in the side or thereabouts.

One of the most outlandish claims I've ever seen.

On 1/10/2018 at 16:05, ScouseFox said:

who would you have as your club legends then? do they all have:

more goals than king?

more apps than king? 

less clubs than king? 

more trophies than king? 

i'd wager all of them tick probably one of those boxes each, at most. if any at all. 

the biggest legend this club will ever have. 

Weller, Worthington, Walsh, Lineker, Elliott, Izzet, the first eleven of 2015/16 plus a few others that don't include King.

On 1/12/2018 at 22:59, Captain... said:

Only 11 people in the history of Leicester City have played more games than Andy King. 

Only 18 people in the history of Leicester city have scored more goals than Andy King, he's one behind Steve Walsh for crying out loud. He was our top goal scorer one season, he'sscored for us in 11 consecutive seasons.

He's our most capped international and he's lifted League One, Championship and Premier League titles.

He has helped propel us to the status of too good for him to be a first team regular, and stays because he loves it here.

He is a legend and anyone who was there at our lowest point will remember him because he was there too, and will remember that one bright spark in an awful season and all the joy and goals along the way to our highest point. Should not be a debate for anyone who has been supporting City for over 10 years.

I've been supporting the club for over 40 years and he's  great servant but not a legend.

Edited by hackneyfox
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Tringfox said:

Definition of the word legend: Icon, genius, superstar, phenomenon.  How many of them words describe Andy King?!

In 2011 all of them.

High flying Everton wanted him, he was PFA championship team of the season, he was brilliant that season.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/02/25/2368302/everton-consider-move-for-leicester-city-midfielder-andy

29 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

I've been supporting the club for over 40 years and he's  great servant but not a legend.

I understand what you're saying, and if we had been in the championship for all 11 of those years then yes, he would be a great servant, but he came from our academy, played in our lowest ever season and played in the Champions League Quarter Finals, he lifted the premier league trophy. That is the stuff of legend. Maybe he isn't a legendary footballer but he is a legend.

11 minutes ago, Captain... said:

I understand what you're saying, and if we had been in the championship for all 11 of those years then yes, he would be a great servant, but he came from our academy, played in our lowest ever season and played in the Champions League Quarter Finals, he lifted the premier league trophy. That is the stuff of legend. Maybe he isn't a legendary footballer but he is a legend.

Legends would be instrumental in our success and King wasn't.

Just now, Gerard said:

Legends would be instrumental in our success and King wasn't.

He was instrumental in building the platform for our success. Without King we might not have got out of League One, or the Championship.

He was also instrumental to our great escape, scoring the late winner against West Ham to start the great escape. Playing 90 minutes in victories against Burnley and Swansea and the clinching draw against Sunderland.

He also played every minute of our first 4 league games in 15/16 season, helping us get off to an unbeaten start and setting the tone for the season.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Mind explaining how our academy bred, club highest goal scoring midfielder with 3 league titles to his name isn't a club legend?

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

Headlines wise yes. King is now in his tenth season with the club. A model pro. Won three different league titles with us. The part King has played in getting to us where we are now would not have made things possible for Mahrez to be the player he is and has done for us. I'm not saying King has got us to where we are single handedly but he has played a massive part in doing so, whether people agree or not I'd like to see arguments how he hasn't. He's scored in every season he's played for us. Some very very vital goals as well. A very well respected member in the dressing room. 

The Conrad Logan point is ridiculous. Yes he was on our books for ten years but he's played more games for Stockport and Rochdale than he ever did for us. 

So would you call him a legend?

1 hour ago, hackneyfox said:

One of the most outlandish claims I've ever seen.

Weller, Worthington, Walsh, Lineker, Elliott, Izzet, the first eleven of 2015/16 plus a few others that don't include King.

Im sure there will be thousands on here that disagree with me BUT at the risk of upsetting "popular opinion", Ive never quite understood why/how people put Walsh in same bracket as likes of such talented footballers and goalscorers as Weller, Wothington, Lineker, Elliot, Izzet, Vardy & Mahrez...?!?

If Andy KIng's loyalty, goal scoring record and "unique" feat of winning titles in all 3 Top Divisions with same club is not deserving of legendary status, then im genuinely struggling to see how you put Steve Walsh in your list of names also...?!?  :blink:

• Like 4

I don't know why I click in here expecting to see anything other than the same circular argument going on haha.

I'd say King has done roughly the same amount for the club as Lloyd Dyer. Unfortunately for Lloyd, he was getting on a bit at the time we were promoted as I'm convinced he'd still be here if he had taken the offer of a 1 year contract he was offered.