Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dannythefox

Andy King

14 hours ago, Strokes said:

Well not really, a footballers career is what 12-14 years. So to be at club for 10 years is the equivalent of spending 35 years at a company.

Which of course nobody does anymore and probably haven't if they were employed after 1989. 

It can be dressed up in whichever way people want. A footballer remaining with a club is down to aspirations and/or ability. If you have neither and are happy to sit around on a quarter or a third of what other's get paid for 10 years in one place, it doesn't qualify you as a legend I'm afraid. Canny/shrewd/sensible maybe, legend, Nah.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Colourmy said:

Which of course nobody does anymore and probably haven't if they were employed after 1989. 

It can be dressed up in whichever way people want. A footballer remaining with a club is down to aspirations and/or ability. If you have neither and are happy to sit around on a quarter or a third of what other's get paid for 10 years in one place, it doesn't qualify you as a legend I'm afraid. Canny/shrewd/sensible maybe, legend, Nah.

Anyone that played a significant role in the great escape and the title winning seasons qualify as legends. 

13 hours ago, F1_AN said:

Should he go, which I very much doubt, he won’t be afforded the leeway he gets here for his ineffective performances. I’d say he would revert to the bench pretty quickly wherever he goes as he just doesn’t have the dynamism to run or even help run a midfield. God help Sunderland if they think he can help them. Unless they are planning for league one that is. 

I signed in literally just to tell you that you're obsessed but luckily someone else has already done it. 

There are much bigger problems at this club than Andy King. He's our worst midfielder. Obviously. But you need people like Andy King. Hugely popular member of the first team squad, knows everything there is to know about the club. For similar reasons that we kept Ulloa, we should keep King for as long as he wants to stay. He's not playing in big games - what's the big problem? When he does play he's not great - i dont even think Puel would argue he is a real PL option for us now. Lay off him and focus your negative comments away from a club legend who deserves more respect. 

• Like 1

I don't really see the argument with King.

He's without question a club legend due to the years of service with us and the fact that he's won 3 different leagues so been part of some big success for this club.

We also all know that he's far from our strongest midfield player now and therefore unlikely to play much but does he moan about it? No. Is he playing regular? No.

King has had some poor games his season but so have others plus in the games he has played he's had some decent games in there but for some reason, some of our fans criticise before he steps over the white line.

Lets have some respect guys

1 minute ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

I don't really see the argument with King.

He's without question a club legend due to the years of service with us and the fact that he's won 3 different leagues so been part of some big success for this club.

We also all know that he's far from our strongest midfield player now and therefore unlikely to play much but does he moan about it? No. Is he playing regular? No.

King has had some poor games his season but so have others plus in the games he has played he's had some decent games in there but for some reason, some of our fans criticise before he steps over the white line.

Lets have some respect guys

Totally agree with you, King is a legend and has been loyal to the football club 

2 hours ago, Colourmy said:

Except the aspiration/ability to...

- Win the Premier League

- Play in a Champions League quarter-final

- Play in a European Championship semi-final

Edited by Voll Blau

People seem to be very selective with their history. Guys who were the best in poorer teams are considered legends but then someone who was one of the best in a poor team and has continued to be involved with our best team (and a key component) can't be considered as one because he's not the star man.

Mahrez more of a legend than King?! Give over. A better player? Absolutely and will go down as a great but when I think of what Leicester have been about over the past 10 years I think Andy King not Riyad.

People who are discrediting him are forgetting that we're in a completely new place to wherever we've been so King not being good enough to start now, doesn't mean he wasn't as good as some of the names mentioned. Footballers are far more mercenary like now so apart from being a good player, King's loyalty and longevity is astounding in modern football. Legend.

Just now, dmayne7 said:

People seem to be very selective with their history. Guys who were the best in poorer teams are considered legends but then someone who was one of the best in a poor team and has continued to be involved with our best team (and a key component) can't be considered as one because he's not the star man.

Mahrez more of a legend than King?! Give over. A better player? Absolutely and will go down as a great but when I think of what Leicester have been about over the past 10 years I think Andy King not Riyad.

People who are discrediting him are forgetting that we're in a completely new place to wherever we've been so King not being good enough to start now, doesn't mean he wasn't as good as some of the names mentioned. Footballers are far more mercenary like now so apart from being a good player, King's loyalty and longevity is astounding in modern football. Legend.

:S

Mahrez was a huge contribution to us winning the top flight. In 10 years time the first players to spring to my mind from that title winning team will be Mahrez, Vardy and Kante.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Mahrez was a huge contribution to us winning the top flight. In 10 years time the first players to spring to my mind from that title winning team will be Mahrez, Vardy and Kante.

I don't think anybody is doubting who the better player is but Mahrez will happily go to the highest bidding club tomorrow. That's the difference in my eyes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

I don't think anybody is doubting who the better player is but Mahrez will happily go to the highest bidding club tomorrow. That's the difference in my eyes.

Do you not think King would have gone years ago by now if he was wanted by some of the biggest clubs in the world?

• Like 3

8 hours ago, anotherharboroughfox said:

It's pure banter that some people think we should replace hime with a european quality CM. What genuine quality CM is going to come and sit 5th choice at Leicester without kicking up a fuss in the dressing room? Genuinely? Who?

JS31855624.jpg

the fact that he has been in club for ages,is not making him a legend.for me at least

he is in club because no club which is higher than average,wants him

definition of legend in football:is really good player,is loyal to club

is he really good player?no

is he loyal?sure

Edited by tsintskaro

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Well yeah, but if you look at the past 10 years as a whole and that remarkable rise from our lowest point - King is synonymous with it.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

But nobody has probably ever come in for King. In recent years he’s been happy to sit on the bench. Nothing wrong with it, of course, but “loyalty” is a bit skewed when you’ve not really been wanted by another club.

King is a hero so I don’t want to get into all this player A v player B argument.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Mind explaining how our academy bred, club highest goal scoring midfielder with 3 league titles to his name isn't a club legend?

His academy career started at Chelsea - so they should at least receive some of the praise also, don't you think?

He's a hero to me, but not a legend. For that, he's done very little in the past two seasons, has never been able to continue to be the prolific attacking midfielder that he once was (due to various reasons). His last really good season was five years ago. The three promotions with the same club is quite the achievement, but we didn't get there just thanks to the Andy King force alone.

He comes across as somebody who gladly accepts to be the fifth choice at age 29, sitting it out, with little to no aspirations left.

I admire his loyalty and the loyalty repaid by the club. He's great lad and a model pro, no doubt about that.

I'll be forever grateful for his contributions to the team, for some of his great goals and assists (West Ham at home during the Great Escape, his assist to Vardy in our 3-1 home win vs. Everton in the PL-winning season, Manchester City at home last season, the cracker against Southampton, the lob at the Ricoh).

But a legend? No. That'll take some time. Maybe in ten, twenty, thirty years when we'll be able to get to a more sensible analysis of his achievements for the club, looking back at other players' achievements.
Right now, I sense there's a lot of people whose opinions are somewhat clouded by personal preference and subjective criteria, lifting King onto a pedestal where he doesn't belong (yet).

Edited by MC Prussian