Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dannythefox

Andy King

1 hour ago, dmayne7 said:

Yeah and they all spring to mind when I think about the start of our rise in League 1... Oh wait, they weren't here. That's my point.

King suffered our worst ever day and celebrated our greatest day as a club, and was heavily involved throughout.

Read closely and he says them three will be the ones remembered for that title winning team, which is correct really

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, daddylonglegs said:

I signed in literally just to tell you that you're obsessed but luckily someone else has already done it. 

There are much bigger problems at this club than Andy King. He's our worst midfielder. Obviously. But you need people like Andy King. Hugely popular member of the first team squad, knows everything there is to know about the club. For similar reasons that we kept Ulloa, we should keep King for as long as he wants to stay. He's not playing in big games - what's the big problem? When he does play he's not great - i dont even think Puel would argue he is a real PL option for us now. Lay off him and focus your negative comments away from a club legend who deserves more respect. 

I don’t mind if people have a different opinion to me and clearly a lot of people (probably the majority) do on this subject. My advice is don’t  waste your time telling me I’m obsessed. What do you think I will do armed with that opinion?

“he knows everything there is to know about the club”. great we have the next club historian on £40k a week (guessing) for a few more years. 

“We should keep him as long as he wants to stay”. Really?

“Focus your negative comments away from a club legend”

where exactly do you want me to focus my negative comments about Andy King in future? Is there a thread where I can post without upsetting you?

Finally, as has been discussed at length, he’s a club legend in your opinion but certainly not in mine. I’d have had far more respect for someone if they knew the right time to move on rather than hanging around far too long. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, daddylonglegs said:

I signed in literally just to tell you that you're obsessed but luckily someone else has already done it. 

There are much bigger problems at this club than Andy King. He's our worst midfielder. Obviously. But you need people like Andy King. Hugely popular member of the first team squad, knows everything there is to know about the club. For similar reasons that we kept Ulloa, we should keep King for as long as he wants to stay. He's not playing in big games - what's the big problem? When he does play he's not great - i dont even think Puel would argue he is a real PL option for us now. Lay off him and focus your negative comments away from a club legend who deserves more respect. 

Hi Andy!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, F1_AN said:

I don’t mind if people have a different opinion to me and clearly a lot of people (probably the majority) do on this subject. My advice is don’t  waste your time telling me I’m obsessed. What do you think I will do armed with that opinion?

“he knows everything there is to know about the club”. great we have the next club historian on £40k a week (guessing) for a few more years. 

where exactly do you want me to focus my negative comments about Andy King in future? Is there a thread where I can post without upsetting you?

Finally, as has been discussed at length, he’s a club legend in your opinion but certainly not in mine. I’d have had far more respect for someone if they knew the right time to move on rather than hanging around far too long. 

I completely agree with you on this issue. I don't see him as a legend but that's my opinion. I may disagree with you on another issue but that's the whole point of ft. You can't change someones opinion it's what they believe. This is our 4th season back in the Prem and even kings biggest fans can't deny that hes getting worse. 

2 hours ago, Walkers said:

Read closely and he says them three will be the ones remembered for that title winning team, which is correct really

Read closely and you'll see he was responding to my point about the last 10 years (Riyad hasn't been here for half of that period).

Love the irony and hypocrisy of this post.

2 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

Read closely and you'll see he was responding to my point about the last 10 years (Riyad hasn't been here for half of that period).

Love the irony and hypocrisy of this post.

lol soz i only read your post and the one you quoted. i wasn't interested in trying to get one over a stranger on a forum

• Like 2

19 hours ago, F1_AN said:

Quote 1 - no I dont think we should hire the historian on 40k a week - maybe I just appreciate the importance of morale more than you do.

Quote 2 - yep. 

Quote 3 - that is merely me suggesting you're wasting your time moaning about a bloke who never plays, and although rarely does anything brilliantly, rarely puts a foot wrong.

I also imagine that if your career was 15 years long, and you were sat on a 2 million pound a year contract you'd just resign from the goodness of your heart. Give over.

Everything Andy King does is exaggerated to the max. He's a fine footballer. He was a very good league 1/championship footballer, and is an OK squad player now. 

I think I probably see him as a legend as I've been a STH since 2003, so I've probably seen him play the most amount of times and have seen him score some great goals, win three leagues and play in the CL. Must be a tough old ask to have 'legend' status in your books!