Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dannythefox

Andy King

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

Tbh it's how an individual defines the word "legend".

Yes. I can only assume that most in the legend camp are probably not old enough to really understand what a legend is and what real legends had to do or go through to be classed as one, so a grade B, Welsh international footballer gets monikered with it!

Loyal servant no doubt. But to be honest he's always struck me as a bit of a dull personality. Riyad Mahrez and Jamie Vardy will both last longer in the memory and ultimately the test of time is what will dictate whether a player is considered a legend long-term.

Edited by Nod.E
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Tbh it's how an individual defines the word "legend".

If you think all children are "special" then he is a legend.

If you think by saying that all children are "special" is meaningless as it dilutes the real meaning of the word then he isn't.

1 hour ago, Colourmy said:

Yes. I can only assume that most in the legend camp are probably not old enough to really understand what a legend is and what real legends had to do or go through to be classed as one, so a grade B, Welsh international footballer gets monikered with it!

Maybe. I'm 21. Is Big Wes a legend? 

2 hours ago, Colourmy said:

Yeah, forgot you had to have been old/lucky enough to see Weller and Worthington play to be allowed an opinion on the subject. :rolleyes:

Seeing as you eviently have such clearly defined criteria, why don't you outline what a legend is and what they have to go through to be classed as one?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nod.E said:

Loyal servant no doubt. But to be honest he's always struck me as a bit of a dull personality. Riyad Mahrez and Jamie Vardy will both last longer in the memory and ultimately the test of time is what will dictate whether a player is considered a legend long-term.

Only because they are headline makers. 

19 minutes ago, Bert said:

Only because they are headline makers. 

Absolutely, but then that's what people remember. Being a legend isn't about worthiness, it's about memorability. In 50, 60, 70 years will more people talk about Mahrez or King? The answer to that question gives you the bigger 'legend'.

Edited by Nod.E
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Colourmy said:

classic, everyone in the black and white days is a legend just because they’re old. end of debate. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nod.E said:

Absolutely, but then that's what people remember. Being a legend isn't about worthiness, it's about memorability. In 50, 60, 70 years will more people talk about Mahrez or King? The answer to that question gives you the bigger 'legend'.

i will be talking about kingy. possibly still in this thread arguing with idiots. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Nod.E said:

I’m fairly sure people will remember Andy King in years to come. How couldn’t you? He might not be remembered by the wider football world, but by LCFC fans he would be hard to forget. 

He might not have had a major hand in winning the Premier League, but over the years he’s given me (and probably many others) so many things to remember. 

In the grand scheme of things, it wasn’t so long ago that the possibility of losing him was seen as a huge loss to the club and our hopes of making it out of League 1 and the Championship. 

A legend is all in an individuals opinion. Andy King has seen it all with us. Our lowest low to our highest high. So to me, he is a club legend. 

imagine thinking kingy isn't a club legend!

is kingy taking money out of your pockets? just let the guy be. he served the club well and is more than happy to be a bench player.
he saw the ups and downs and he deserves to retire as a fox and should be giving some kind of job inside the club later.

the man is not a troublemaker, he is just an average football player. i have no problem keeping him. we have 4 better CMs and the 5th is usually a senior player that can cover for a short period of time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nod.E said:

ahm, i find it hard that the only leicester poty will be forgotten, not only by leicester fans but the whole footballing world.

• 2 months later...