Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dannythefox

Andy King

Whata great servant he's been for us. Personally I don't think he's been good enough to start regularly for us since before the promotion season. Simply, James, Drinkwater et al have been better than him. But that doesn't mean he's not good enough for a bottom half Prem team in a system that suits him.

He's seen some amazing times here and he's been a huge part of the best period in our history. I'll have some fond memories of seeing him in a blue shirt.

I think a move to the Swans suits him, us, and them. We need to give him a proper send off in the form of a testimonial this summer though. It'd be a sell-out I'm sure.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Remember all those people on here saying if he left he wouldnt get a Premier league club? lol

Bottom half Championship standard I think a lot of people were saying lol

"He should go to Sunderland and meet up with his mate Coleman, that's the only place he'd get a game" was one of my favourites.

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
50 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Certainly hope swansea stop up if we can get 6m for him. Personally think we'd be asking too much if we wanted 6 pounds for him. 

:angry:

5 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

14 years at the club, 330 appearances, 55 goals, won leaugue one, championship and premiership, leaving for another premiership club for a decent fee and still 'fans' like you think you are ok to make snidey, unfunny comments. Show some respect to a proper Leicester City Legend....

Andrew Philip King we salute you!

Oh ffs. You going on about "respect" again. I like King and thank him for all what he's done for the club but I'd take £6m, he's not going to play for us again because he's not better than Ndidi or Iborra or Silva (once Silva has had a proper pre season and run of games). Anybody on a forum can make a comment about a player but still respect him. If everybody had your attitude we'd be in sitting in the Championship with 40 year old players just because "they won us the league".

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Oh ffs. You going on about "respect" again. I like King and thank him for all what he's done for the club but I'd take £6m, he's not going to play for us again because he's not better than Ndidi or Iborra or Silva (once Silva has had a proper pre season and run of games). Anybody on a forum can make a comment about a player but still respect him. If everybody had your attitude we'd be in sitting in the Championship with 40 year old players just because "they won us the league".

You know he wasn't quoting you, he was quoting the bellend saying "£6 is too much". which is a disrespectful and ludicrous post and the sort of comment that is all too common from some of our "fans".

In this day and age £6m isn't a huge amount, probably about fair in terms of market value and time left on contract, but personally I would rather have Andy King at the club than an extra £6m in the bank.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Did I say he was better than Ndidi, Iborra or Silva? Did I say we were doing the wrong thing selling him? of course I didn't only a moron with no knowledge of the sport would say that of course I want to progress and sign better players.

But you can progress the side without making terrible jokes (and i use the word joke extremely lightly) about brilliant past players who have done so much to advance the club only being worth 6 pounds.

Edited by The whole world smiles
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Weird comment given that the comment you refer to was a direct reply to an objectively disrespectful post?  I don't disagree with a lot of your post but think you are being a little harsh as it was clear to me that he was responding to someone that had shown little class or respect.  I respect your opinion and it is a free country but you've made a very weird comment there.  X

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Nope... bang average player who is a "legend" on the basis of not being good enough to get signed by anyone else.

Respect for him playing his part as a squad player, but the bloke means nothing more to me than Schlupp. 

Why should he? Played about the same role in two title wins and the great escape, both youth products.

Don't agree, that's fine I don't really care.

Come on, a little harsh surely?  Not saying he is our greatest ever player but he is our highest scoring midfielder ever.  OK, so most goals not in Prem but to compare him to Schlupp just ruins your own argument as it's too far, too silly.  King might not be Messi but he is deserving of a little more respect than being compared to Crystal Palace's back up left back.  X

• Like 3

7 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

14 years at the club, 330 appearances, 55 goals, won leaugue one, championship and premiership, leaving for another premiership club for a decent fee and still 'fans' like you think you are ok to make snidey, unfunny comments. Show some respect to a proper Leicester City Legend....

Andrew Philip King we salute you!

Well said sir.

46 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I'm comparing Swansea's reserve CM and our what 5th choice CM, with Schlupp.... seems pretty comparable. Highest scoring midfielder ever, and one of about three to ever play in league one where he scored 1/5 of all his goals. King hasn't been a first choice starter for about 6 seasons. 

He and schlupp played comparable minutes over the championship league win, staying up and the title win all added together. Both youth team products, and both ultimately not good enough for what we want to do now. Yet one is deemed a laughing stock and the other is a" legend".... don't get it. 

Again, if people see King as a legend then I'm happy for them it's an entirely subjective thing with no specific set of rules. So people can't expect everyone to share the same view. He's nowhere near being what I'd consider a legend, it's how I feel so it's pointless in trying to argue otherwise with me. Perhaps it's a generational thing, there are a lot of people who were starved of idols growing up and he's probably as close as soon got to one, I get it. 

But I saw what I'd consider proper legends growing up and have witnessed many more since and he doesn't get close. 

Anyway, this has been done to death, it's boring.

Och, as I say I am not claiming he is a legend, nor that he is a great player and your posts are, to be fair, always very reasonable and I often agree with you.  I do think Andy King is deserving of respect though.  Always worked hard, scored some important goals and, if player interviews/reports are to be believed, an important member of the squad.  To be fair I think we agree I just think some people (not you) should show a little more class when discussing him.  I think he should move on and I think we have better players but I also think calling him shite or stating he is worth £6 is a little classless.

Anyway, the one thing I certainly agree with you on is that this is boring.  I am boring myself even writing this so god knows how you poor fookers reading it feel.

X

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

Nope... bang average player who is a "legend" on the basis of not being good enough to get signed by anyone else.

Respect for him playing his part as a squad player, but the bloke means nothing more to me than Schlupp. 

Why should he? Played about the same role in two title wins and the great escape, both youth products.

Don't agree, that's fine I don't really care.

Not a great argument, King played 220 more games for Leicester than Jeff did. The Football club existed before we won the championship you know. 

In fact there was a period of about 2/3 years when Kingy was a goal scoring midfielder that he our best player. This was backed up by him winning players player twice. Jeff was never our best player.

Also your (weak) argument does not take into account leadership off the pitch I know wes used to take Kingy and Kasper into his meetings with Claudio. Also I can remember numerous city managers praising his attitude and leadership qualitys in interviews. Having about those kind of players is vital if you want to succeed. I don't remember a manager praising Jeff for these qualities.

• Like 4

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 hour ago, Babylon said:

I'm comparing Swansea's reserve CM and our what 5th choice CM, with Schlupp.... seems pretty comparable. Highest scoring midfielder ever, and one of about three to ever play in league one where he scored 1/5 of all his goals. King hasn't been a first choice starter for about 6 seasons. 

He and schlupp played comparable minutes over the championship league win, staying up and the title win all added together. Both youth team products, and both ultimately not good enough for what we want to do now. Yet one is deemed a laughing stock and the other is a" legend".... don't get it. 

Again, if people see King as a legend then I'm happy for them it's an entirely subjective thing with no specific set of rules. So people can't expect everyone to share the same view. He's nowhere near being what I'd consider a legend, it's how I feel so it's pointless in trying to argue otherwise with me. Perhaps it's a generational thing, there are a lot of people who were starved of idols growing up and he's probably as close as soon got to one, I get it. 

But I saw what I'd consider proper legends growing up and have witnessed many more since and he doesn't get close. 

Anyway, this has been done to death, it's boring.

This is wrong on so many levels. Bloke has done more for our club than Schlupp could ever dream of, and that you can't see that is incredibly sad.