Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dannythefox

Andy King

12 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

I know it's been asked before, but what is a club 'legend' defined as?

If King isn't one, many others of the PL-winning side wouldn't be labelled one either..

Again, I think the term "legend" is thrown around rather lightly these days. He's a hero to me, one of many looking back at that PL title-winning team, and for the goals he scored (at lower level, mostly). But a "legend"? The guy's still only 29 (30 in October), so as long as he's still active, "legend" is a gross exaggeration and a misplaced label in my eyes.

The 2015-2016 team will be remembered as "legendary", that I have no doubt about.

11 hours ago, Bert said:

How many times have you won the premier league? No, wait. How many times have you won league one? Some of our fans are ridiculous. Sure he's not what he used to be for us but the guy deserves enormous respect. Whether you like him or not. 

I don't think people in general are disrespecting King. On the whole, I suppose we all agree on acknowledging his impact and his standing within the club (person of respect within the dressing room).

In the end, it boils down to lifting a rather mediocre player like King onto a pedestal and asking the question whether he deserves it from a sportive point of view or not. After all, football is a team sport and we didn't win League One or the Championship because of Andy King alone.

He has stagnated over the past two years or so and failed to make an impact when given the opportunity. His backwards and sideways passing is horrible to watch.

I will forever be thankful for his loyalty towards LCFC and his overall contributions to the club, but there's a time to move on and a moment to let nostalgia and personal feelings slide, especially when you come to the conclusion that he's not a vital part of the squad anymore.

• Like 1

Just now, sylofox said:

lol I so knew looking at your comment would provoke a reply.

You don't need to know someone personally to judge a personality.

Has Kingy ever slapped in a transfer request. Has king ever sat at an airport hoping to move. Has king slapped a transfer request in on deadline day. Refused to train then refused to travel with the team.

Anyway that said back on my ignore list old chap.

"That says more about you as a person than anything" is what i could've said but, i'm not in the business of judging people over what they write on a football forum. Everyone has a nasty side to his personality; you just gotta catch them at the right moment.

"ignore list'? lollol I'm devastated, heartbroken and a mess at the moment. am I gonna lose out on your insightful posts? 

I'm not the kinda guy who puts people on the "ignore list" because I disagree with them. never have I ever did that and never will. Have a nice day and enjoy your life.

8 minutes ago, the fox said:

"That says more about you as a person than anything" is what i could've said but, i'm not in the business of judging people over what they write on a football forum. Everyone has a nasty side to his personality; you just gotta catch them at the right moment.

"ignore list'? lollol I'm devastated, heartbroken and a mess at the moment. am I gonna lose out on your insightful posts? 

I'm not the kinda guy who puts people on the "ignore list" because I disagree with them. never have I ever did that and never will. Have a nice day and enjoy your life.

Just so you know I don't put people on ignore I disagree with. Disagreement is what a forum is about.

Your on it for the simple fact you bore the tits off me. Some of your posts are great but the moment anyone posts an anti Mahrez comment your straight in. Every fvcking time we get your love but give it a rest.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Our ‘fans’ are happy to be offloading King for 6 mill, when we paid 17 for Musa, 29 for Slim and 25 for Nacho.

Again...only on FT. 

The forum becomes ever more absurd.

lol

The two aren't mutually exclusive.

I'd certainly take our money back for Musa And Slimani and probably would for Iheanacho as well but that doesn't mean selling a 29 year old 5th, 6th or even 7th choice midfielder for £6m isn't great business. King's chances here are very much numbered and at 29 he isn't getting any better. With all due respect to the man it's money for old rope if we can get £6m and get him off the wage bill for a player who is surplus to requirements.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

Has Kingy ever slapped in a transfer request. Has king ever sat at an airport hoping to move. Has king slapped a transfer request in on deadline day. Refused to train then refused to travel with the team.

Kingy deffo would do all those things if he was in the same shoes though. 

Have Man City ever bid £50m for Andy King?

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Have Man City ever bid £50m for Andy King?

lollol So it has to be for an offer from man city and that makes it ok.

I suspect over the years Kingy has been pissed off once or twice. As I would guess a few have.

But they didn't behave like spoilt brats.

• Like 1

lol I so knew looking at your comment would provoke a reply.

You don't need to know someone personally to judge a personality.

NO

Mahrez has and that's enough for me to judge him. As I've said as a player he's great and I won't fault him. As a person and as I said MY OPINION he's a cvnt.

Anyway that said back on my ignore list old chap.

Oh just to add no where do I comment or accuse him of picking fights with team mates.

As usual with your good self any anti Mahrez comment is a huge issue.  And I won't kiss his arse to make you happy.

I wonder if King had Mahrez's ability if he would have been so loyal?

It's unfair to criticise Mahrez in my book as I'm sure no one would disagree we wouldn't have won a title without him. He also stabilised the club by signing a new contract after Kante left when it looked like there could have been a mass exodus from the club.

You can't really blame Mahrez for wanting to leave for Man City when he feels he's gone as far as he can go with the club. It's perfectly natural and if King was as highly thought of as Mahrez I'm sure he would be in the same mindset. For me Mahrez will always be a true legend at this club because without him none of our recent history would have happened.

Guest Col city fan
2 hours ago, Strokes said:

I’m a big fan of Andy King, he is up there with the best in terms for what I want from a Leicester player. His attitude is first class and he has scored some important goals. I don’t have a problem with people not rating him but I think he should be respected. If he leaves in the summer for Swansea or someone else I hope he does well. Hopefully we can give him a send off or a testimonial match. All the best kingy, you arrived in our darkest hours but helped us reach our greatest achievement.

:appl:

My fave King season was League 1 and the late strike against Scunny that kept up our momentum.

I’ve pretty much loved him ever since.

Jeff Schlupp.... lol

Edited by Col city fan

will be gutted if he leaves, wanted him to stick around and keep breaking records, keep surpassing the apparent "proper legends" and keep winning more than anyone else in the history of the club, just to see at what stage some of the absolute ball bags who support us will acknowledge his place as the ultimate Leicester city legend. 

love you, kingy. 

5 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

will be gutted if he leaves, wanted him to stick around and keep breaking records, keep surpassing the apparent "proper legends" and keep winning more than anyone else in the history of the club, just to see at what stage some of the absolute ball bags who support us will acknowledge his place as the ultimate Leicester city legend. 

love you, kingy. 

lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, sylofox said:

lollol So it has to be for an offer from man city and that makes it ok.

I suspect over the years Kingy has been pissed off once or twice. As I would guess a few have.

But they didn't behave like spoilt brats.

You don't know what players have or haven't done, what interest there has been or hasn't been. You can't make sweeping judgements when we have no idea what goes on behind the scenes, what promise may or may not have been broken etc. King i'm sure everyone can agree does come across like a model pro and we only hear good things about him behind the scenes, and respect to him for being like that when often he's been well down the pecking order. It would have been easy to not give a shit.

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

You don't know what players have or haven't done, what interest there has been or hasn't been. You can't make sweeping judgements when we have no idea what goes on behind the scenes, what promise may or may not have been broken etc. King i'm sure everyone can agree does come across like a model pro and we only hear good things about him behind the scenes, and respect to him for being like that when often he's been well down the pecking order. It would have been easy to not give a shit.

My point was it does not have to be a transfer plenty of other reason to get pissed off.

But I don't recall another player reacting like Mahrez.

And let's be honest have his antics really helped his cause. When talking of spending north of £50m on him clubs will look at Mahrez's antics and some will think twice now.

Yes some will say he was badly advised and that may be the case. But I don't think he'd put his hand in a fire on his agents say so.

He like any player should still think for himself.

Have got to sympathise with you Babylon.

Wish people would learn to read what you say instead of acting all childish and 'going on hyperboles'.

Would be refreshing with a, let's say, balanced comment like:

"I understand and respect your opinion on the matter and agree that what makes a 'legend' is highly subjective.

From a more objective stand point I would agree with your assessment, however as King was a shining light during dark times when I grew up and started supporting Leicester, I will remain fond of him and remember him as a 'legend'.

I am glad you respect that and I am happy we both agree that he is not of the required quality to play regularly in our team at this level.

Yours sincerely

Rumb..."

I think I made my point.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

What's that got to do with anything? If anything that makes his record for the club even better? 

His record for the club is pretty impressive, but like I said, he's stagnated and don't really done much since having been part of the title-winning side.

I don't throw around "legend" attributes to players still active like others do. Maybe in 30, 40 years when he's long retired - and who knows what King can achieve with Swansea still?

Also, it could well be that he returns to LCFC after a short while to finish his career where it really all started (the Chelsea youth academy aside).

3 hours ago, shen said:

Have got to sympathise with you Babylon.

Wish people would learn to read what you say instead of acting all childish and 'going on hyperboles'.

Would be refreshing with a, let's say, balanced comment like:

"I understand and respect your opinion on the matter and agree that what makes a 'legend' is highly subjective.

From a more objective stand point I would agree with your assessment, however as King was a shining light during dark times when I grew up and started supporting Leicester, I will remain fond of him and remember him as a 'legend'.

I am glad you respect that and I am happy we both agree that he is not of the required quality to play regularly in our team at this level.

Yours sincerely

Rumb..."

I think I made my point.

I'm not sure if this is a dig or a compliment so either fvck you or thank you very much.  X