Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dannythefox

Andy King

• 3 weeks later...

I love Kingy but we all know he's not good enough to play in a central midfield pairing at Premier League level. I think even he knows it. He just goes missing too much, isn't usually particularly good on the ball or at winning it back, and he offers no real goal threat anymore either - why did he stop those late runs into the box of yesteryear?

He's an important backup player and probably good to have around the training pitch for sure. I hope he finishes his career here but I dread to think of him being in the starting XI for much longer. Sorry.

46 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Thought he played well personally

He does his job well. The bigger issue is that his job isn't what we need. 

I'm happy for him to come on when we're winning and he can keep the ball ticking over and not need to force the game. Starting in these games, he either needs a defined role or to play in a three.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Corky said:

I'm happy for him to come on when we're winning and he can keep the ball ticking over and not need to force the game. Starting in these games, he either needs a defined role or to play in a three.

Totally agree with you - wasn't sure his role yesterday, seemed he and Wilf just followed each other around.  If he was the holding mid, then where was he for their third?  If he was the more attacking mid, where was Wilf going?!  Bigger point is, I don't think any of our CMs can play as a pair.  We really need a three in there now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DennisNedry said:

I love Kingy but we all know he's not good enough to play in a central midfield pairing at Premier League level. I think even he knows it. He just goes missing too much, isn't usually particularly good on the ball or at winning it back, and he offers no real goal threat anymore either - why did he stop those late runs into the box of yesteryear?

He's an important backup player and probably good to have around the training pitch for sure. I hope he finishes his career here but I dread to think of him being in the starting XI for much longer. Sorry.

True, but then we shouldnt be playing a central midfield pairing full stop.

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/09/2017 at 16:04, foxinsocks said:

When things arent workin well king is often the whipping boy.  Hes not my favourite player but i appreciate he tries to do what he is asked to do.  King isn't the source of our problems

Quite. Merely a symptom.

Guest TheBear
9 minutes ago, Steven said:

Quite. Merely a symptom.

a big symptom though....

....Under Shakespeare we haven't won a league game where he has played 45 minutes or more.

We haven't won a league game he has started in since Man City at home last December.

53 minutes ago, TheBear said:

a big symptom though....

....Under Shakespeare we haven't won a league game where he has played 45 minutes or more.

We haven't won a league game he has started in since Man City at home last December.

Just for the record I like Andy King. However he does have limitations that are exposed week in and week out in the PL.

I was and I am attacking the process which utimately led to Andy King being in the siuation he now finds himself in. I say to him make the best of it you can and enjoy it whilst it lasts.

We need to move forward as a club even if that means rebuilding. Otherwise when we are on a road to nowhere and Leicester v Coventry will be the biggest game in League 2.

Edited by Steven

I'm quite a critic of King yet he's a very decent player and has been a brilliant servant to our club. He's also a great pro and ambassador off the field. I still think he has a place with us but it's unfair to play him in a midfield 2 against some of the best teams in the Premiership because he's no Kante or Drinkwater replacement. As part of a 3 he'd be a different player and I still think very capable of getting the odd important goal. In recent times he's been asked to do different jobs when flitting in and out of the team with different players around him. Either with Leicester or elsewhere,  a regular suitable position to suit with regular partners and I believe we'd see a different Andy King, he's no mug.

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
On 24/09/2017 at 15:22, Corky said:

Totally agree.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, KingKoala said:

I remember he was coming on for Shinji during our title winning season. He is more of AMF rather than CMF or DMF. Claudio knew it and CS cannot see it or he just has no other option now.

Most players will look no good when they are not used appropriately..

surely his AMF days are gone?