Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dannythefox

Andy King

• 2 months later...
12 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

The potential in the midfield with Silva now available for selection is seeing King not even on the bench often.

Hence hope we have a good cup run and he takes s good part in it.

Matty James will probably be injured again soon

3 minutes ago, Tringfox said:

I think he could do with a fresh start, I can’t believe how much he’s regressed as a player and he’s still only 29. I’m sure Chris Coleman would take him at Sunderland, he’d do a job for them at that level. 

I can see your point, but if you put yourself in Kings position, would you take a massive pay cut (almost definitely) to go and play regularly at a club in such a dire position., At the minute he's on a very good contract, at a club he enjoys being at, and he gets to play (albeit now and again) for a mid table premeir league side. Being honest with myself I'm not sure I'd swap that for Sunderland. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rn9013 said:

I can see your point, but if you put yourself in Kings position, would you take a massive pay cut (almost definitely) to go and play regularly at a club in such a dire position., At the minute he's on a very good contract, at a club he enjoys being at, and he gets to play (albeit now and again) for a mid table premeir league side. Being honest with myself I'm not sure I'd swap that for Sunderland. 

If I thought I wasn’t up to the level required I’d go down a notch, I watched him against Watford he was awful on the eye, he’s lacking so much in confidence and the sad thing about it he does have the ability!

• Haha 1

We play once a week mostly for the rest of the season and you would probably think he won't get much game time behind Silva, Ndidi, Iborra and James. There is also Choudhury who is still well behind King but Puel may prefer to develop than play King.

I'm happy for him to stay or go as I think his usefulness is limited here but it's great to have players here that are happy to be a squad player and come in and do a job when needed and King has never let us down. I do think it may be best for all concerned if he left though to finish his career playing regular football.

Guest Col city fan
6 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

Waited with my son for a bit after the game to see if any of the players would come over. Kingy was the only one who did. 

The rest of them walked past, head down, whilst one of the "security" team held umbrellas over them so they didn't get their hair wet on the 30 metre walk to their Range Rovers.

:appl:

Where they also wearing headphones and listening to 'Stormzy' and 'Drake'?

Edited by Col city fan

1 hour ago, Tringfox said:

I think he could do with a fresh start, I can’t believe how much he’s regressed as a player and he’s still only 29. I’m sure Chris Coleman would take him at Sunderland, he’d do a job for them at that level. 

Sorry to go against the grain here, but King is way too good a player for that shower of a squad. He'd only regress further languishing at the bottom of the Championship, though I wouldn't be averse to him going on loan to a Championship team higher up the table if he wants to.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

:appl:

Where they also wearing headphones and listening to 'Stormzy' and 'Drake'?

Mate, I've seen some things in my time but the sight of a grown man having another man hold an umbrella over his head whilst he walks ten paces to his car really does take the biscuit... 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

Mate, I've seen some things in my time but the sight of a grown man having another man hold an umbrella over his head whilst he walks ten paces to his car really does take the biscuit... 

Jeezuz wept, how embarrassing. Just another example of how alienated players are from the fans and ‘real’ life.

Mind you, Its probably not the players fault that the club decide to pamper them 24/7. I suppose they get used to being treated like gods and forget how it comes across outside of their little bubble.

Fair play to Kingy though. Always appears grounded and grateful for his lot to me. 

21 minutes ago, bluesbrothers said:

Sorry to go against the grain here, but King is way too good a player for that shower of a squad. He'd only regress further languishing at the bottom of the Championship, though I wouldn't be averse to him going on loan to a Championship team higher up the table if he wants to.

I was thinking more the manager having worked with him at wales.

Limited he maybe at this level, but he still made over 20 odd appearance in each of the last 3 seasons and chipped in will vital goals in the great escape season and the league winning season! 

A Premier League, Championship and League 1 winner medal at the same club something that may never be repeated by any player! 

With over 375 apps and 50+ goals, it's not often you see one club players now days! 

I sometimes think there is a lack of respect with regards to what he has achieved at the club! 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Limited he maybe at this level, but he still made over 20 odd appearance in each of the last 3 seasons and chipped in will vital goals in the great escape season and the league winning season! 

A Premier League, Championship and League 1 winner medal at the same club something that may never be repeated by any player! 

With over 375 apps and 50+ goals, it's not often you see one club players now days! 

I sometimes think there is a lack of respect with regards to what he has achieved at the club! 

Would you like to see him stay then?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, walkerleeds said:

Why are people so keen for him to leave? Are you paying his wages (your ST isn't, TV money is!) Has he personally offended some of you?

Genuinely don't see how potentially signing some other mercenary to take his (4th or 5th place) CM slot is more attractive than having a bloke here who has been through it all with and is clearly respected by the club? 

You are massively deluding yourself if you think we are selling King then spending 20 million on his replacement,  I just don't see any leverage in getting rid of him.

Because sadly he is no longer good enough and is not a premier league player . There is no denying what King had done in the past for the club I along with others have supported the club long enough to know the facts . But you can’t improve as a club by hanging on to players for sentimental reasons who are not up to scratch . The problem is anyone that says he’s not up to scratch then gets accused of hating the bloke which often isn’t the case . My argument is that if you have a good player whose form drops and the only replacement you have is someone who is just ok then your not going to gain anything . The current players whose form has dropped knows he won’t get replaced as the only alternative is Mr OK this breeds complacency, like when Drinkwaters form dropped and we only had King to replace him people were crying out for him to be dropped but the only alternative was was somone who was no better . And no I don’t expect a 20 million pound player sat on the bench but it would be nice to have someone to actually be able to push for a starting position to keep the current squad on their toes plus you can rotate more comfortably without losing games . 

Edited by baldeagle
  • Like 2