Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dannythefox

Andy King

Just now, baldeagle said:

Because sadly he is no longer good enough and is not a premier league player . There is no denying what King had done in the past for the club I along with others have supported the club long enough to know the facts . But you can’t improve as a club by hanging on to players for sentimental reasons who are not up to scratch . The problem is anyone that says he’s not up to scratch then gets accused of hating the bloke which often isn’t the case . My argument is that if you have a good player whose form drops and the only replacement you have is someone who is just ok then your not going to gain anything . The current players whose form has dropped knows he won’t get replaced as the only alternative is Mr OK this breeds complacency, like when Drinkwaters form dropped and we only had King to replace him people were crying out for him to be dropped but the only alternative was was somone who was no better . And no I don’t expect a 20 million pound player sat on the bench but it would be nice to have someone to actually be able to push for a starting position to keep the current squad on their toes plus you can rotate more comfortably without losing games . 

He came in against Southampton and did a good job (scoring in the process, in case you forgot) then he played at Watford in which pretty much every player was terrible. Is that not the definition of 'doing a job?' 

The idea that a player who has a better attitude / ability and is willing to sit on the bench the majority of the season is hilariously delusional quite frankly. We really aren't going to spend big money on a 4th or 5th choice CM to 'challenge' the first team. Iborra, Silva and N'didi are first choice with James and King backup.

I'm happy with that and I hazard a guess the club are too.

• Like 2

Genuinely hope he stays for the rest of his career here. He's been with us through the worst times and deserves to stay with us. A good player who does a job when needed. Not as in your face as ndidi/Iborra but goes about his work quietly. I can see him taking up a coaching role when he retires. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Genuinely hope he stays for the rest of his career here. He's been with us through the worst times and deserves to stay with us. A good player who does a job when needed. Not as in your face as ndidi/Iborra but goes about his work quietly. I can see him taking up a coaching role when he retires. 

or the new Birch!

42 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

He came in against Southampton and did a good job (scoring in the process, in case you forgot) then he played at Watford in which pretty much every player was terrible. Is that not the definition of 'doing a job?' 

The idea that a player who has a better attitude / ability and is willing to sit on the bench the majority of the season is hilariously delusional quite frankly. We really aren't going to spend big money on a 4th or 5th choice CM to 'challenge' the first team. Iborra, Silva and N'didi are first choice with James and King backup.

I'm happy with that and I hazard a guess the club are too.

He did an ok job in the Southampton game nothing more nothing less and no I haven’t forgot his goal either it was a simple tap in that anyone could of scored but the way people have been banging on about it you would have thought it was something special . I don’t think anyone has mentioned about wanting to pay big money for a 5th choice midfielder more the fact  that he is not good enough 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

He did an ok job in the Southampton game nothing more nothing less and no I haven’t forgot his goal either it was a simple tap in that anyone could of scored but the way people have been banging on about it you would have thought it was something special . I don’t think anyone has mentioned about wanting to pay big money for a 5th choice midfielder more the fact  that he is not good enough 

The point is we would NEED to spend big money for a 4th choice to challenge Iborra / Silva or Iborra. It's not going to happen because it's not necessary.

Edited by walkerleeds

2 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

The point is we would NEED to spend big money for a 4th choice to challenge Iborra / Silva or Iborra. It's not going to happen because it's not necessary. End of.

But you would not need to spend big money to improve on Andy King. And your are also saying it is not necessary to improve the squad when or where it is necessary . If you continually rely on a squad of players that are not good enough then you are only ever gonna end up mid table or bottom of the table . Look how many years Sunderland scraped by with average squads before eventually getting relegated. If you don’t improve you stand still , if everyone else is improving their squads all the time and your not your going to go backwards . It’s called progression we have moved on as a club and left him beind . 

Guest Col city fan

Why do we need to spend money on improving Andy King? King is and always has been perfectly happy to be a squad player. He's not a first team starter unless we are short.

He's never publically moaned, complained, sought a transfer or owt. He just wants to be a part of the club and does his best when he plays.

I don't get the hate. Never have, never will

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Why do we need to spend money on improving Andy King? King is and always has been perfectly happy to be a squad player. He's not a first team starter unless we are short.

He's never publically moaned, complained, sought a transfer or owt. He just wants to be a part of the club and does his best when he plays.

I don't get the hate. Never have, never will

this. we have james, silva, ndidi and ibora.  even amarty has play in mid.  King is not a game changer... but he has always done what we asked. we couldn't hire that loyalty.

3 hours ago, Tringfox said:

Would you like to see him stay then?

Yes, he's a decent squad player who doesn't rock the boat! Is he a world beater no, can he do a job yes! 

We have Ndidi, Iborra, Silva, James and King! James injury record isn't great, throw in a suspension your done to bare bones. The squad need 5 cm in it! 

he doesn’t want to leave, nobody at the club wants him to leave and nobody is seemingly trying to buy him. why do some of the freaks who support us spend every waking moment crying that he’s still our player? bunch of virgins. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ScouseFox said:

he doesn’t want to leave, nobody at the club wants him to leave and nobody is seemingly trying to buy him. why do some of the freaks who support us spend every waking moment crying that he’s still our player? bunch of virgins. 

Without agreeing with the mightily aggressive tone, I agree with your underlying point. Now that James is back in contention and Silva is able to play, we have a good selection of midfielders offering a variety of playing styles. I think the "freaks" are perhaps less inclined to having a squad player such as King, who, undeniably can look a bit out of his depth at times in the Premier League. Again though, he will go down as one of the true greats at this club; it's rare to have a player so committed to one team and applied such integrity throughout the absolute madness that's happened here in his time. 

6 hours ago, Bossman Blessed It said:

Without agreeing with the mightily aggressive tone, I agree with your underlying point. Now that James is back in contention and Silva is able to play, we have a good selection of midfielders offering a variety of playing styles. I think the "freaks" are perhaps less inclined to having a squad player such as King, who, undeniably can look a bit out of his depth at times in the Premier League. Again though, he will go down as one of the true greats at this club; it's rare to have a player so committed to one team and applied such integrity throughout the absolute madness that's happened here in his time. 

Agreed. He's always been the absolute model professional here in every way, I can't fault him. My only concern now would be that IF we were to accept that  Iborra , Ndidi and Silva are a main 3 with James arguably in at 4, would King not be somewhat clogging the bench up for our future?  Specifically I mean in terms of some of our younger players needing encouragement and trying to break through where the opportunity for them to get a place on the bench for a chance is vital. Different players /positions some I know, but surely one of Chowdhury, Barnes or Thomas for example would now be a more viable option. 'Doing a job' to me is mere meaningless football jargon and for me,  despite there being the potential for the odd mistake, I'd sooner one of these be given a chance to 'do a job' rather than someone who is largely now anonymous and uninfluential when on the field of play however kind I want to be to him. How can we ever judge one of our youngsters without blooding them? Even a place on the bench serves to give them the encouragement to show them that their efforts are paying off. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, sylofox said:

I do love the slagging King gets. The he's shite comments the div 1 player championship at best. Can everyone that has slagged him off and played 1 professional game or more please step forward.

To be fair that logic would suggest you can’t have an opinion without being an equal to whoever your opinion is about lol 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SheppyFox said:

To be fair that logic would suggest you can’t have an opinion without being an equal to whoever your opinion is about lol 

Not at all. Its pointing out only a very small % of the population get anywhere near being a professional. So if he was as shite as so many on here say how shite must they be having never got anywhere near his level. Lets not mention his three pots either.

25 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Not at all. Its pointing out only a very small % of the population get anywhere near being a professional. So if he was as shite as so many on here say how shite must they be having never got anywhere near his level. Lets not mention his three pots either.

Are you a professional writer? If not, then I expect you to stop posting on here. Your "logic" is complete nonsense.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, danny. said:

Are you a professional writer? If not, then I expect you to stop posting on here. Your "logic" is complete nonsense.

You obviously think he's shite is a fair assessment of our top scoring midfield player. If you do think he's plain shite it really is a shame your had more thought about my writing style.

13 hours ago, sylofox said:

I do love the slagging King gets. The he's shite comments the div 1 player championship at best. Can everyone that has slagged him off and played 1 professional game or more please step forward.

So you have had to have played a professional game now do you to see that a player isn’t good enough for the premier league . Nonsense . Out  of interest how many professionals games have you played . 

Edited by baldeagle
  • Haha 1

Ulloa get abuse on here for being loyal and being happy with being a squad member but King gets praised?.

King is as loyal as his options. Meaning he has it good here. Also love that criticsm is equated to hating on here.

Edited by Koke
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

So you have had to have played a professional game now do you to see that a player isn’t good enough for the premier league . Nonsense . Out  of interest how many professionals games have you played . 

The first part of my answer is from HPF below.

47 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

It isn't, it is asking people to engage their brains before typing.

The second part is below.

23 minutes ago, sylofox said:

You obviously think he's shite is a fair assessment of our top scoring midfield player. If you do think he's plain shite it really is a shame your had more thought about my writing style.

Third part. Everyone is entitled to a view and by no means am I saying King is the best thing since sliced bread. No I've never played pro. But I do understand shite players don't either. He may not be as good as most in the prem but he's far from shite.

Guest Col city fan
1 hour ago, danny. said:

lol

@sylofox has been found out!

2 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

It isn't, it is asking people to engage their brains before typing.

Not really, he didn't ask people to not let bias affect their judgement of performances, or to be more balanced – he just said that if you are not a professional footballer you can't have an opinion on how good or bad a footballer is, which is demonstratively nonsense.

He then followed up by saying "You obviously think he's shite" - which I never said, more nonsense.

• Like 1