Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dannythefox

Andy King

Current Midfield pecking order:

Ndidi

Ibora

Silva

James

King

I actually really rate king, he's a much better player than some people give him credit for. Just ask Chris Coleman, Claudio Ranieri, Nigel Pearson etc etc. But I can never remember him being behind this many players in the pecking order. He must be contemplating a move.

15 minutes ago, danny. said:

He then followed up by saying "You obviously think he's shite" - which I never said, more nonsense.

Sorry do you want to re read what I put. I never said you had said he was shite. I said you obviously think he's shite is a fair assessment of him. Nowhere have you denounced that comment. That is my point.

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Ulloa get abuse on here for being loyal and being happy with being a squad member but King gets praised?.

King is as loyal as his options. Meaning he has it good here. Also love that criticsm is equated to hating on here.

loyal? being happy?

Is this the same Ulloa that said he wasn't going to play for Leicester again under a certain manager? 

When did King ever do this under 10+ managers? King is 10x the professional Ulloa is. Maybe more! 

13 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Why do we need to spend money on improving Andy King? King is and always has been perfectly happy to be a squad player. He's not a first team starter unless we are short.

He's never publically moaned, complained, sought a transfer or owt. He just wants to be a part of the club and does his best when he plays.

I don't get the hate. Never have, never will

Agree 100%. Not a starter for me but absolutely no harm what so ever in him being in the squad. Can't imagine he's a particularly high earner.

I just never understand why so many managers insist on playing him in a two. Play him in a three!!!!!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Steven said:

There is no room for sentiment in modern football. :kingy:

True but I don't think there is a problem unless he wants more regular football, if he's happy being a bit part player here then great. Players with loyalty who are just happy to be part of the squad are difficult to come by.

12 minutes ago, Steven said:

There is no room for sentiment in modern football. :kingy:

True, but keeping King is also sensible.

With PL and European competition homegrown registration rules, it would be wise to have an experienced head in there who's still able to 'do a job'.

At some point I would expect King to want to move on. Maybe around the time that youngsters like Choudhury, Hughes etc get in ahead of him, but I seriously don't see any harm in him staying.

If King still plays ahead of youngsters when the chance arises, then it's down to the manager's judgement/willingness or the youngsters' abilities rather than King.

4 minutes ago, Captain... said:

It's not sentiment, sentiment would have been giving Lloyd Dyer a 3 year contract,  or even rewarding James with a contract despite not playing for 2 years. Andy King is here because every squad needs an Andy King, someone who is a big influence off the pitch, never complains and is there when called upon.  He has contributed to over half the games in every season in the premier league (some of them have been pretty successful) including scoring 6 goals. His game is not a glamourous one, he doesn't dive in with last ditch tackles, he doesn't take people on and play 50 yard passes. He keeps it simple, if you watch him on TV he is invisible, but if you watch him at the ground he is always there in the right position, ready to receive the ball, pass it and move forwards. Off the ball he doesn't chase the ball like Ndidi or Kante he is just in the right space to make it harder for the opposition to progress. He is an intelligent footballer that can read the game well. That's why he was there for the tap in against Southampton. I do think he will fit in better to our more patient approach, but I also think that Ndidi, Iborra and Silva are better players, they have more impact on a game. But I am never concerned when Andy is playing.

Agree...every team needs its "water carriers"..its no coincidence that we seem to play better when Okazaki and Albrighton are on the pitch..without these sort of players any team is just a show biz 11.

1 minute ago, shen said:

True, but keeping King is also sensible.

With PL and European competition homegrown registration rules, it would be wise to have an experienced head in there who's still able to 'do a job'.

At some point I would expect King to want to move on. Maybe around the time that youngsters like Choudhury, Hughes etc get in ahead of him, but I seriously don't see any harm in him staying.

If King still plays ahead of youngsters when the chance arises, then it's down to the manager's judgement/willingness or the youngsters' abilities rather than King.

Bringing someone into the squad from the academy as a 5th choice midfielder is more sensible than keeping a player in whose past his best.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, StanSP said:

loyal? being happy?

Is this the same Ulloa that said he wasn't going to play for Leicester again under a certain manager? 

When did King ever do this under 10+ managers? King is 10x the professional Ulloa is. Maybe more! 

That's fair..

Though I think King is still here because he's got it good here. He's comfortable. I actually think it's LCFC who have been more loyal to him than the other way around. 

I'm not bothered if he stays or goes tbh. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, sylofox said:

The first part of my answer is from HPF below.

The second part is below.

Third part. Everyone is entitled to a view and by no means am I saying King is the best thing since sliced bread. No I've never played pro. But I do understand shite players don't either. He may not be as good as most in the prem but he's far from shite.

6 hours ago, sylofox said:

The first part of my answer is from HPF below.

The second part is below.

Third part. Everyone is entitled to a view and by no means am I saying King is the best thing since sliced bread. No I've never played pro. But I do understand shite players don't either. He may not be as good as most in the prem but he's far from shite.

Just so we get our facts straight I have never once said he is shit . I have said he isn’t good enough for the premier league which in my opinion he is not but does not equate to me saying he is shit. 

Edited by baldeagle

24 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Sorry do you want to re read what I put. I never said you had said he was shite. I said you obviously think he's shite is a fair assessment of him. Nowhere have you denounced that comment. That is my point.

Sorry chap, your English is so bad I can't really tell what you are trying to say. Don't have much idea what "it really is a shame your had more thought about my writing style" means either.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Ndidi

Ibora

Silva

James

King

I actually really rate king, he's a much better player than some people give him credit for. Just ask Chris Coleman, Claudio Ranieri, Nigel Pearson etc etc. But I can never remember him being behind this many players in the pecking order. He must be contemplating a move.

Add Mendy to that list once his loan is up.. Think Puel rates him! 

3 hours ago, sylofox said:

Not at all. Its pointing out only a very small % of the population get anywhere near being a professional. So if he was as shite as so many on here say how shite must they be having never got anywhere near his level. Lets not mention his three pots either.

He’s comparitively shite, to our other options, he’s like Ralph Schumacher, good driver, just not good enough. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Bringing someone into the squad from the academy as a 5th choice midfielder is more sensible than keeping a player in whose past his best.

Only if the academy player is better and would benefit from it. Besides, as I already wrote, if a youngster doesn't get in ahead of King then it's likely down to the youngster's skills or the manager not wanting to play youth.

I don't see why we should deliberately handicap ourselves to force a manager to play a youngster.

In all likelihood, if a manager doesn't feel comfortable using academy players, then he'll look at bringing in a replacement.

29 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Ndidi

Ibora

Silva

James

King

Managers who continuously bought new players to replace him, I think they know his limits.

That said, if King wants to stay he can stay. At the end of the day it's not easy to keep any 4th or 5th choice player happy. If you have one happy to be in that postion, who is good to have about, respected and never really disgraces himself then why replace them.

2 minutes ago, shen said:

Only if the academy player is better and would benefit from it. Besides, as I already wrote, if a youngster doesn't get in ahead of King then it's likely down to the youngster's skills or the manager not wanting to play youth.

I don't see why we should deliberately handicap ourselves to force a manager to play a youngster.

In all likelihood, if a manager doesn't feel comfortable using academy players, then he'll look at bringing in a replacement.

Having an academy player as a 5th choice midfielder isn't going to handicap anyone, but what it does do is give him the desire to push himself. 

8 minutes ago, Koke said:

Though I think King is still here because he's got it good here. He's comfortable. I actually think it's LCFC who have been more loyal to him than the other way around. 

I'm not bothered if he stays or goes tbh. 

I agree. 

He’s not been good enough to consistently start for us for a number of seasons now, and, in that time, there hasn’t been a whiff of an offer from a club that’d pay him anything like what we give him. He’s got it made here. 

3 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Having an academy player as a 5th choice midfielder isn't going to handicap anyone, but what it does do is give him the desire to push himself. 

It is, if we have to use our 5th choice midfielder and he's substantially worse than King.

Again, the point remains that it is not down to King's fault if managers prefer to use him.

I can perfectly understand why he's still around and playing regularly.

When one of our central midfielders from the academy prove they are good enough, either here or on loan, that's when King will realistically be marginalised.

18 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

I'd like to think that if I left my workplace in the pouring rain I would take either option A) Quick, leg it to the car, it's pissing down or Option B) Carry my own umbrella. If someone offered to walk me to my car holding a brolly, themselves getting wet in the process, I think I'd politely decline.

Kingy was very patient posing for photographs with all the kids and signing shirts and the what not. At the end he thanked the group and wished everyone a Happy New Year. Just common courtesy really, but goes a long way!

It's more about security sadly than it is keeping players dry.

9 minutes ago, Nigel Graham Pearson said:

I agree. 

He’s not been good enough to consistently start for us for a number of seasons now, and, in that time, there hasn’t been a whiff of an offer from a club that’d pay him anything like what we give him. He’s got it made here. 

And good on him. He's had a major part to play in our recovery and rise up to the PL.

His worth and contribution to this club is greater than the paltry (by football standards) salary he must've received in L1 and the Championship.

Besides, not all offers are made public, especially if they get rejected.