Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dannythefox

Andy King

4 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Sorry do you want to re read what I put. I never said you had said he was shite. I said you obviously think he's shite is a fair assessment of him. Nowhere have you denounced that comment. That is my point.

Out of interest I did a search for any posts you have made with the word "sh*te" in. It's a popular word for you :Dlol https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/search/?&q=shite&type=forums_topic&page=2&author=sylofox&nodes=1

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

I think King would be much more effective in a midfield 3.

I don’t think it matters what formation he plays in it’s whats going on between his ears thats the problem. I still rate him but he is badly lacking in confidence, he hides behind bodies because hes afraid to touch the ball!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, shen said:

It is a very sad state of affairs that this has become a legitimate reason to avoid situations as above :(

We're talking about players who regularly receive threats of violence on social media, against them and their families. Whilst we all know it's some pathetic troll with nothing better to do, the club have a duty of care and have to take anything like that seriously.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We're talking about players who regularly receive threats of violence on social media, against them and their families. Whilst we all know it's some pathetic troll with nothing better to do, the club have a duty of care and have to take anything like that seriously.

Absolutely. Like I said, it's a legitimate reason. It's just a shame it's come that far.

It says a lot what puel thinks of him that james comes on in the second half against liverpool and starts james against Huddersfield. Puel gave king a chance against watford but did nothing. If I was king I'd be worried that a player who has struggled for over a year (james) with injuries is seen as a better option than him. I thought james played really well against Huddersfield. Sadly there's been no postitive progressing from king for a few seasons. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Tringfox said:

I don’t think it matters what formation he plays in it’s whats going on between his ears thats the problem. I still rate him but he is badly lacking in confidence, he hides behind bodies because hes afraid to touch the ball!

You are spot on, I agree it's all confidence - he's certainly far more capable than the performances he gives these days would suggest. This season I have sometimes just focused on him for periods in a game and he often seems to deliberately stay behind opposition players so there is no pass on for him, it's like he just doesn't want the ball.

7 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

It says a lot what puel thinks of him that james comes on in the second half against liverpool and starts james against Huddersfield. Puel gave king a chance against watford but did nothing. If I was king I'd be worried that a player who has struggled for over a year (james) with injuries is seen as a better option than him. I thought james played really well against Huddersfield. Sadly there's been no postitive progressing from king for a few seasons. 

Yes I think your right. There were certain midfielders like Hammond where although he wasn't going to be your best player, you would instinctively know what he could potentially give you if you brought him on in that era (not comparing quality at all). King used to be quite dynamic going forward with a keen eye for goal. Now, as many people comment on here he consistently  goes missing.  You can only be credited with the old adage of supposedly being 'good off the ball' for so long as sometimes it's quite good if your in a position to actually touch the damn thing. Today, as much as I admire him as an individual, I fail to see what he offers, he's neither arsehole or watercress. 

I really wish it was ok to just  think he's not got the ability we need to push on from 8th position, But apparently i have to think he's either great for us and a club legend or he's doggo and should be sent to North Korea.. :(

Edited by MPH

12 minutes ago, danny. said:

You are spot on, I agree it's all confidence - he's certainly far more capable than the performances he gives these days would suggest. This season I have sometimes just focused on him for periods in a game and he often seems to deliberately stay behind opposition players so there is no pass on for him, it's like he just doesn't want the ball.

Well if we can see this from the sidelines surely Puel, Appleton and Stowell can pull him to one side and gently give his head a wobble! 

4 minutes ago, Tringfox said:

Well if we can see this from the sidelines surely Puel, Appleton and Stowell can pull him to one side and gently give his head a wobble! 

You'd think, but it can't be that easy - professionals will know what they are doing more than a bunch of armchair punters on FoxesTalk. If it's a psychological/confidence thing, it's not always easy to get fix or get back. Didn't Claudio sack the excellent sports psychologist that worked with the team too?

Still believe he can, and has proved at some times, cut it somewhat at this level and shouldn't be ruled out playing again certainly.

He's developed like the club itself has - progressive and good understanding of the game.