Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dannythefox

Andy King

2 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

Have you ever watched him play in his time at LCFC or is it just the last couple of years? His game has never, ever been a 'take the game by the scruff of the neck' type so why are you expecting him to do so here? He's clearly there to keep it simple and get the game ticking over, which he did okay today. James and Silva are the players who were supposed to create openings/ produce something special on the ball.

Yes he is experienced, but I can't get my head around why you're expecting him to do things he obviously isn't there to do. 

Yeah I've seen just about every one of his games for us. If i'd only been around for the last few years I wouldn't have seen much would I?

I'm not sure you have to be honest .... He's number 10 because that's exactly what he used to be good at - taking the game to the opposition. Admittedly 5-6 years ago was the last evidence of this consistently.

He's played 375 games for us, 40 games as an international and yet you seem to think he's not going to boss the midfield against Fleetwood town in their first ever game against top flight opposition.

There were lots of poor performances today - but this was AK's big chance to boss a game. Chance missed.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

Yeah I've seen just about every one of his games for us. If i'd only been around for the last few years I wouldn't have seen much would I?

I'm not sure you have to be honest .... He's number 10 because that's exactly what he used to be good at - taking the game to the opposition. Admittedly 5-6 years ago was the last evidence of this consistently.

He's played 375 games for us, 40 games as an international and yet you seem to think he's not going to boss the midfield against Fleetwood town in their first ever game against top flight opposition.

There were lots of poor performances today - but this was AK's big chance to boss a game. Chance missed.

Last time I saw Andy King "boss" a midfield we were in league one to be fair

• Like 2

Today just emphasised even more that  he is not a premier league player. Yes the whole midfield was poor but Silva had only played 14 minutes of football in 6 months prior to this game and also took a knock . James is coming back from yet another injury and has also missed a lot of football previously because of other injurys so not fully fit but at least they tried . I can only recall King making one pass forward and having a shot that went wide the rest of the one he was chasing shadows and pointing . 

Edited by baldeagle

Just now, 5waller5 said:

Even if his hay day (when he was given the opportunity to play the role he's best at, at least 4 years ago now) he never 'bossed' games per say. He scored plenty but never necessarily controlled the game. Like I said, King is told to keep games ticking over, nothing more these days it seems.

6 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Silva and James were no better at all but I just get sick of the sideways and backwards passing. Our central midfield just don't know how to go forward.

Yep but Silva hasn’t played for six months and James is coming back from yet another injury 

• Like 3

King in possession based games in training I would imagine he is amazing as he rarely gets the ball taken off of him.

The problem is that most of his passes are side ways or backwards or a long ball floated over the top landing in between the keepers box and the sideline. 

He just needs to take more risks with his forwards passing. Just look at Iborra, he tries a lot of through balls some don't come off & we lose possession but when they do he'll get the plaudits more so than King who just plays it 'safe' all game. 

• Like 1

The pitch looked terrible and no one looked good so I don't know why he's being singled out as he wasn't the worst Leicester player today by a long shot.

He's probably 5th choice midfielder now and is happy to play his role here, he's capable but far from outstanding and I don't know what people expect of him. I'm sure if the club had a decent offer for him they'd accept it but he plays a good supporting role and hasn't been overtaken by Choudhury or and U23 players yet. 

1 hour ago, FuchingKante said:

Last time I saw Andy King "boss" a midfield we were in league one to be fair

That's kinda my point really ..... Against league one opposition, 5 years development later you'd expect him to boss it again. 

He's fully fit, 375 1st team games, 40 international, skipper for the day, 10 years at the club, desperate for first team action, and 29 years old ..... this is his peak .... So if he's not going to shine against div 1 opposition under those circumstances then he just isn't good enough for a top 6 Prem side (which is our aim).

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

He really is shit and looked well out of his depth against league one opposition.

Backward square backward square. Fraud. 

He was crap today as was the whole side but calling him a fraud is just stupid.

1 minute ago, sdb said:

Really want to cut the guy some slack but he's not had a genuinely good individual performance for about 18 months now. Ok at soton when they were dire. Racking my brain for any more. 

Well he did play well against Southampton, and saying that it's only because they were poor is ridiculous. No one played well today. We created absolutely nothing whilst wanting to keep possession. If there's no space going forward it's going to go sideways or backwards to try and draw space. 

• Like 1

Funny how people see the game differently. I thought Kingy did okay today, nothing to write home about but he was pretty tidy. On the other hand I thought Matty James was absolutely anonymous but Kingy is the go-to scapegoat.

Edited by Paddy.
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Funny how people see the game differently. I thought Kingy did okay today, nothing to write home about but he was pretty tidy. On the other hand I thought Matty James was absolutely anonymous but Kingy is the go-to scapegoat.

Both equally shite, couldn’t create anything against a league one side, that has lost the last 3 league games at home.

Glad we have better midfielders, with this pair we would be fighting relegation.

King has had his time, and proved to be average on a good day, and James has had a injury to many.

For the club to progress into a top 6 club, players like these need improving on, as they are neither strong premiership standard back up.